Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

subscriber? ticket cancelled? post here! (MERGED)

update:

they've just cancelled the 3rd GA for NY 22nd!!!
without any email!!! 
I noticed it 'cos I log in to my account in tickemaster!!!!

What should I do?????

It doesn't make any sense....hope you guys can do something because if I bought 2 + 2 tickets with 2 DIFFERENT CODES i didn't do anything wrong. If i live in a house with my husband and we have 2 subscriptions, 1 credit card and we buy 4 tickets for one show why can't we go? Of course we live in the same house!!! do i need to break up with my husband to go to a U2 concert with him and my family? I'm ok with the war against scalpers but right now the only ones losing are real FANS! 

I'm so angry and i feel betrayed...maybe if they had started the presale a few days after the announcement, things would have gone in a better way

And now the best thing is that you CAN'T send any form to TM!
It doesn't work!!! 
So, what should I do?????

now I understand, from what happened to me and the other people i read in this topic, that the issue is we bought more than 2 ticket with the same credit card for the same concert!!!
this is TOTALLY NON-SENSE!!
this max ticket limit WASN'T SHOWN!!

So, what should I do?? May i have 2 houses and 2 different credit cards in order to have 2 different billing address???
This is MADNESS.

Edited by wilhorses80

I found out from Ticketmaster by email this afternoon (once it was too late to try and get any public sale tickets) that they had cancelled two tickets that we had purchased for the U2 concert in Phoenix. This cancellation should not have occurred. My wife and I are both separate members/subscribers on the U2.com website, so each us should have been able to purchase two tickets to the event. We had both received emails from U2.com, each with a personal and distinct purchase ID valid for 2 tickets. We can even provide proof of this to ticketmaster to show the validity of our purchase. We were planning to take our children (12 and 15 years) to the event and once we had purchased the tickets, we told our children and made a hotel reservation in Phoenix for May. Our tickets were subsequently cancelled by Ticketmaster. Ticketmaster lists itself on the purchase website as an Agent, stepping into the shoes of U2. We love U2 and would hope that Ticketmaster would honor U2’s offer to each of us as subscribers. 

Thanks for any help you can provide!

hi, can you PM me transaction ID's, we can sort this out, cheers, BW

update:

they've just cancelled the 3rd GA for NY 22nd!!!

without any email!!! 

I noticed it 'cos I log in to my account in tickemaster!!!!

What should I do?????

can yoiu send me all usernames of codes used, and transaction id's please, we can get this sorted. ta

Bigwave - just a confirmation so that I feel better (if you know the answer).  Is there an issue with buying 4 tickets for two shows (8 total) on the first day of general sale?

Bigwave - just a confirmation so that I feel better (if you know the answer).  Is there an issue with buying 4 tickets for two shows (8 total) on the first day of general sale?

maybe bigwave can confirm this, but ticket master told me that my pre-sale tickets count towards the gerneral public sale for the same show that you are buying for.  for example, if you bought 2 ticekts for a show and then took part in the gerneral sale, you could only buy 2 more, not 4.

For what it's worth, ticketmaster told me that since I bought two tickets in the presale, I couldn't buy ANY in the general sale. I am sure this is wrong, but it makes me skeptical of anything TM says. They are clearly making it up as they go along.

maybe bigwave can confirm this, but ticket master told me that my pre-sale tickets count towards the gerneral public sale for the same show that you are buying for.  for example, if you bought 2 ticekts for a show and then took part in the gerneral sale, you could only buy 2 more, not 4.

I didn't get any in the pre-sale as I needed four together (my wife and kids) so getting two wouldn't have helped.

But as I reread your post I guess your point being that the 4 ticket limit is per show which is what I'm hoping.

Edited by gcf1971

Here's my letter to U2.com:

Dear U2.com,

I feel compelled to write to you to let know of my situation concerning the pre-sales ticket sales.

Both my wife and I have been U2.com members, I can’t remember for how long!  We’ve enjoyed pre-sales in the past and thank you very much for that!  However, what has happened now has really gotten me upset!!!

My wife and I decided to hit the Toronto July 6th show with our daughter (our newest U2 fan).  We took part in the pre-sales and purchased 3 tickets (1 ticket with my pre-sales code and 2 tickets with my wife’s pre-sales code).  What happened a few days later shocked me completely.  We received an email from the ticketing company (Ticket Master) stating that we exceeded our limit and that our order, either in part or full would be cancelled.

I immediately called up Ticket Master to find out what was going on.  They informed me that because we both live at the same address (our billing address for both of our credit cards and because we’re married) that 1 of the tickets for the July 6th show was revoked!  I couldn’t believe this.  How could they?  I clearly only purchased 3 tickets not 5; which would have exceeded our limit of 4 because of our 2 pre-sales codes.

I pleaded with them and even asked to speak to a Manager, but they stood firm and would not give me my GA ticket back.

I have to say that I think this process is flawed.  I can understand what it is trying to achieve with some people getting their hands on many tickets and reselling them for ridiculous amount of money to fans, but this process is clearly flawed and we are proof of that.

Now we are 1 ticket short going as a family because we were “painted” with the same brush as a scalper!  I can’t believe it.  Some 32 years being a U2 fan and something like this happens to me!  This is not right and I thought you should know.

Thanks for reading!

Russ

Bloody hell that's awful.  What short sighted narrow minded process there appears in place.   Hang in there.  You have your membership numbers, subscription proof.  No written 'law' stating how many tickets per household.  None that I've seen. 

What if a household of 10 x students all subscribed to U2.com.  All 10  x received pre-sales codes.  You telling me only 2 x tickets would be allowed to the home address?

Might as well have 1 x subscription per household.  

This is seriously flawed.

Here's my letter to U2.com:

Dear U2.com,

I feel compelled to write to you to let know of my situation concerning the pre-sales ticket sales.

Both my wife and I have been U2.com members, I can’t remember for how long!  We’ve enjoyed pre-sales in the past and thank you very much for that!  However, what has happened now has really gotten me upset!!!

My wife and I decided to hit the Toronto July 6th show with our daughter (our newest U2 fan).  We took part in the pre-sales and purchased 3 tickets (1 ticket with my pre-sales code and 2 tickets with my wife’s pre-sales code).  What happened a few days later shocked me completely.  We received an email from the ticketing company (Ticket Master) stating that we exceeded our limit and that our order, either in part or full would be cancelled.

I immediately called up Ticket Master to find out what was going on.  They informed me that because we both live at the same address (our billing address for both of our credit cards and because we’re married) that 1 of the tickets for the July 6th show was revoked!  I couldn’t believe this.  How could they?  I clearly only purchased 3 tickets not 5; which would have exceeded our limit of 4 because of our 2 pre-sales codes.

I pleaded with them and even asked to speak to a Manager, but they stood firm and would not give me my GA ticket back.

I have to say that I think this process is flawed.  I can understand what it is trying to achieve with some people getting their hands on many tickets and reselling them for ridiculous amount of money to fans, but this process is clearly flawed and we are proof of that.

Now we are 1 ticket short going as a family because we were “painted” with the same brush as a scalper!  I can’t believe it.  Some 32 years being a U2 fan and something like this happens to me!  This is not right and I thought you should know.

Thanks for reading!

Russ

Bloody hell that's awful.  What short sighted narrow minded process there appears in place.   Hang in there.  You have your membership numbers, subscription proof.  No written 'law' stating how many tickets per household.  None that I've seen. 

What if a household of 10 x students all subscribed to U2.com.  All 10  x received pre-sales codes.  You telling me only 2 x tickets would be allowed to the home address?

Might as well have 1 x subscription per household.  

This is seriously flawed.

thanks paul!!!  good point about the students in the house!

I've been a long time fan since 1986 and have been to 14 U2 concerts...my son was pulled up on stage by Bono in 2005 in Montreal.

I AM A TRUE U2 FAN.  I appreciate the fact that U2.com offers presale tickets to fans, I truly do. This will be my last concert tour. I was diagnosed with ALS last year and unfortunately I'll very likely be dead by the time the next tour happens. In fact, I'm hoping I can make it to next year so I can see this final U2 tour.

This ticketless entry restriction (need to have person who bought the tickets, the credit card and ID), or the restriction on using the same household credit card for a different membership account at the same address...I get that we re trying to stop scalpers, but this process seems to be more punitive to the TRUE FANS than it is to scalpers. I am disappointed that I can't seem to buy tickets to the show for my son and daughter to join my wife and I.

This is a final wish for my bucketlist and it is being blocked by this process.

Brian

I'm sorry to bother you bigwave :) but can you please tell us what are the limits and rules on ticketmaster? Would it be possible to buy one ticket for 4 different shows in ny (with the same credit card)? Thank you!

The tickets I bought with my membership on Friday (for the show on Tuesday, July 7th in Toronto...sweet seats in GA1) got cancelled because my husband purchased two tickets on Thursday with his membership (the one he's had since before the days of U2.com).  We were really hoping to bring our two daughters this time.  Last time around, in 2009, we left one of our daughters behind and she's been about ready to divorce us for doing so.  To say my husband is disenchanted with his childhood heroes would be an understatement!  He really wanted the next show to be a family affair!  He even wrote this...http://darryljmurphy.wordpress.com/2014/12/08/even-fans-who-got-tickets-got-screwed-2/  

I really hope there's some sort of help for this!

I'm trying to get ahold of TM before they cancel my tickets and to get a refund. I got a pair of GA for Chicago, night 1 on Thursday during the pre-sales. Got my confirmation email, everything seemed fine.

Checked my bank statement yesterday and saw that I had been charged twice for the tickets. My TM account online says I only have one set of tickets like I wanted, but the TM app, and the TM phone system says I have 4 tickets for that show. 

First off, I NEED that extra $160 back, secondly, I'm terribly afraid that TM is going to cancel all my tickets because they think i bought 4.

I've emailed, tweeted, and called customer service with TM. I finally got through on the phone after waiting on hold for 20 minutes, explained my problem, and the woman said she had to transfer me to sales. I sat on hold for 15 more minutes and ended up with TM Sales CANADA! Which meant she couldn't help me and when she tried to transfer me to US sales, i got the "all the phone lines are busy, we are disconnecting this call" message. 

This is seriously frustrating as I'm now getting NSF feeds on my bank account (I don't have a credit card) because of that extra missing money. ARRGHHH.

Do you know who U2 should use to handle the U2 Fan Club ticket sales? U2.com, not Ticketmaster.com. Pearl Jam, though they recently have moved to a lottery for their fan club tickets, still handles their fan club sales in-house......

$$$$$$$

****Very distressing tickets STILL being cancelled!  Why can't U2.COM get TM to STOP cancelling.  

The U2.COM rules state 2 tickets per member with a presale code across the tour.

I think TM has grossly misinterpreted this rule!  

TM has interpreted it to 2 tickets per code PER HOUSEHOLD during the presale days, which IS NOT the U2.COM rule.  TWO TICKETS PER MEMBER, REGARDLESS!!!

****Very distressing tickets STILL being cancelled!  Why can't U2.COM get TM to STOP cancelling.  

The U2.COM rules state 2 tickets per member with a presale code across the tour.

I think TM has grossly misinterpreted this rule!  

TM has interpreted it to 2 tickets per code PER HOUSEHOLD during the presale days, which IS NOT the U2.COM rule.  TWO TICKETS PER MEMBER, REGARDLESS!!!

Follow Up:  Q - How Many Tickets Can I buy?

A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to TWO tickets across the tour. You can split this up across two shows or just use for a single show. 

So many similar stories here it's sad. I can relate to Russ Zara. We live in Toronto and my wife and I each had a presale code, but one order was cancelled. TM did nothing. So frustrating.

I'm wondering for those who had an order cancelled - is the presale code they used valid once again? Or now void, even though they got no tickets from that code? Some may try and buy in the presale for the newly announced show dates. Any ideas anyone?

Cheers to the great mods on this forum for all that they are doing too!

That's completely thrown me, i got no idea what the limits are  :wacko:

So many similar stories here it's sad. I can relate to Russ Zara. We live in Toronto and my wife and I each had a presale code, but one order was cancelled. TM did nothing. So frustrating.

I'm wondering for those who had an order cancelled - is the presale code they used valid once again? Or now void, even though they got no tickets from that code? Some may try and buy in the presale for the newly announced show dates. Any ideas anyone?

Cheers to the great mods on this forum for all that they are doing too!

well, in my case after my wife and i bought 4 tickets with two pre-sale codes for the two Toronto shows (3 tkts for one show and 1 tkt for the other show), both my pre-sale codes were dead.  even though i only received 3 tickets (2 for the first show and 1 for the second) because 1 was cancelled by Ticket Master.  So it looks like once used to purchase 2 tickets, your pre-sale code is dead regardless if Ticket Master cancels one.

This may be a big stretch...but is it possible to take TM to court because their wording is vague and they're cancelling tickets? As far as I'm concerned if anyone gets their tickets cancelled because they got 2 presale and 4 general sale and it turns out the 2 presale was supposed to count towards the 4 TM did not make that clear on their site and took it upon themselves to cancel your order? Just a thought.

What greatly frustrates me is that there are plenty on TM resale site. WTF? Real U2 fans get there tickets cancelled but you can buy as many as you want for over face value from them. I'm waiting for my order to be cancelled as well. Bought 4 tiks with 2 presale codes (mine and my wife's). We were so excited to get to see the lads for two shows at MSG. Reading the above posts I'm sure mine will be cancelled shortly.

What greatly frustrates me is that there are plenty on TM resale site. WTF? Real U2 fans get there tickets cancelled but you can buy as many as you want for over face value from them. I'm waiting for my order to be cancelled as well. Bought 4 tiks with 2 presale codes (mine and my wife's). We were so excited to get to see the lads for two shows at MSG. Reading the above posts I'm sure mine will be cancelled shortly.

Again I ask, who is making the rules for the presale??? U2.COM?  Then why can't someone in charge tell TM to stop cancelling tickets if they were bought with separate codes???  Especially if they were EXperience codes, signifying longtime members....  This was a FAN CLUB presale.  TM should follow FAN CLUB guidelines!!

Again I ask, who is making the rules for the presale??? U2.COM?  Then why can't someone in charge tell TM to stop cancelling tickets if they were bought with separate codes???  Especially if they were EXperience codes, signifying longtime members....  This was a FAN CLUB presale.  TM should follow FAN CLUB guidelines!!

well said...totally agree!!!

Sign in to follow this