Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

subscriber? ticket cancelled? post here! (MERGED)

Slightly off topic, but i have a problem with Ticket Master UK.

My wife bought me 2 x GA Glasgow tickets.  I'm going to take my best mate.   Unfortunately me and my mate will not be able to attend the show.  TM inform us (in their robotic corporate manner) that only the card holder can enter the venue.  My wife must enter and take one other person.   TM further explained we are at fault for not abiding by the strict purchasing rules for U2.  The card holder 'must' enter the venue.

My wife won't go.  We live 200 miles away, and she is not keen on U2.  It's a present for me, and i'm taking my best mate.

So far, I'm struggling.   Load of crap!!!

There is already a thread explaining this.  So sorry for repeating it here.   But i'm that annoyed with reading the stories from North American U2 fans, then i felt i had to have a blast.  Sorry

All the best everyone x 

Bigwave - just a confirmation so that I feel better (if you know the answer).  Is there an issue with buying 4 tickets for two shows (8 total) on the first day of general sale?

maybe bigwave can confirm this, but ticket master told me that my pre-sale tickets count towards the gerneral public sale for the same show that you are buying for.  for example, if you bought 2 ticekts for a show and then took part in the gerneral sale, you could only buy 2 more, not 4.

That's completely thrown me, i got no idea what the limits are  :wacko:

What?  Really? Thats a load of crap from TM.  If that was the case, then the presale limit should have matched the public sale limit and this should have been made clear.

I'm sorry to bother you bigwave :) but can you please tell us what are the limits and rules on ticketmaster? Would it be possible to buy one ticket for 4 different shows in ny (with the same credit card)? Thank you!

asked umpteen times. as confused as everyone else - see posts a few above yours, different people being told different things.

Well I hope u2.com will be able to defend and protect its customers and fans...and I hope it really wants to do that! We are fans and need respect. Hope u2.com will listen to the mods! And I don't understand why there are so many tickets sold at 500$ on tm website.... I'm angry and sad right now :(

Edited by joshua84

Well I hope u2.com will be able to defend and protect its customers and fans...and I hope it really wants to do that! We are fans and need respect. Hope u2.com will listen to the mods! And I don't understand why there are so many tickets sold at 500$ on tm website.... I'm angry and sad right now :(

Not to mention the $50 annual subscription fee for U2.com most of used paid, just to guarantee pre-sale opportunity.

Knock on wood I have not had any ticket problems yet, but I had emailed TM last week as to whether the two presale tix would count in the limit of four the first General onsale day. They told me if I used the presale and got two tix, I couldn't get any in the general sale. I asked that a supervisor review that. They are still telling me that U2 had a TOTAL limit of two tix per household per event. Here's the latest email.

Hi Lori,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are happy to assist you. We apologize for any confusion. This event for U2, has restricted the limit of tickets to two per household per event. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience. If you need anything else, just reply to this email or click Help on Ticketmaster.com!

Got a minute? Tell us how we're doing.

Sincerely,

Denise

Ticketmaster Fan Support

World Class Service - Every Customer, Every Day!

Knock on wood I have not had any ticket problems yet, but I had emailed TM last week as to whether the two presale tix would count in the limit of four the first General onsale day. They told me if I used the presale and got two tix, I couldn't get any in the general sale. I asked that a supervisor review that. They are still telling me that U2 had a TOTAL limit of two tix per household per event. Here's the latest email.

Hi Lori,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We are happy to assist you. We apologize for any confusion. This event for U2, has restricted the limit of tickets to two per household per event. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience. If you need anything else, just reply to this email or click Help on Ticketmaster.com!

Sincerely,

Denise

Ticketmaster Fan Support

is that 2 PRESALE tickets, or OVERALL tickets - if you can post which show this is for that will help

in the evening I called again TM, via skype

The girl who answered has been very kind this time and I was able to ask her about the next concerts and about money refunding:

- she said that the limit is FOR 2 TICKETS FOR EACH EVENT FOR EACH CREDIT CARD/USER .. I replied her that this limit wasn't shown on the event page.. she kept me waiting several minutes than told me that it was the limit of u2.com presale. I replied again that I used 2 DIFFERENT PRE SALE CODES. She didn't know what to answer and asked me to wait again.. then the line's fallen :(, after 40' talking :(

- she told me that the money should be refunded in 3/7 business days

My idea, now, is that they confused the rule of max 2 tickets for each presale (u2com limit) with the limit of max 2 tickets for each event (TM limit BUT LIMIT NOT SHOWN AND NOT STATED!).. this is completely non sense.

I asked her also about the next concerts and she told me I can buy 2 tickets for each evening with the same credit card already used, the most important thing is that tickets for the same concert and paid by the same c.c. must be MAX 2.

I'm still waiting for any news about my presale code, used for the 2 tickets they deleted .. can i use this code the day after tomorrow for new concerts????
in case I can't use it anymore, I really HOPE that u2com will refund me the 50$!

Edited by wilhorses80

It's the Chicago show. So far they haven't done anything with my tickets, but it worries me that they can't understand the difference between presale and General sale. I got two presale and one in general.

Hi Lori,

Sincerely,

Denise

Ticketmaster Fan Support

is that 2 PRESALE tickets, or OVERALL tickets - if you can post which show this is for that will help

Sounds like TM needs to be corrected from "Two per Household" to "Two per presale code".  That would fix SOOOOO much of this.

It might also help if they could figure out the distinction between presale and General onsale.

Hello, 

My tickets got cancelled yesterday as well. Find below a copy of the message send to Ticketmaster. I have not received a response from them, and am not able to contact them by phone either (due to "high call volume").

--- 

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hopefully this message finds you well. I just received a notification that (2) of my u2 tickets at MSG on July 18th have been cancelled due to a violation of the purchase policy. Note that I am very familiar with the policy, and would like to clarify the situation.

When the tour was announced my friend XXX and myself signed up for the U2 fan club (@ $50 each) in order to get the pre-sale code. With this presale code we could both purchase (2) tickets.

When the tickets went on sale I purchased two tickets for myself, and went through the checkout procedure. Since XXX lives in the Bahamas, and both the financial system as well as the postal system are somewhat ‘challenging’, I offered to pay for his tickets instead. I understand your automatic system flagged this as a policy violation (for bots & ticket brokers). The truth is that the pre-sale code already ensured that we couldn't buy more tickets than allowed during the pre-sale (2-per person). Also, this purchase did comply with the 4-ticket max. per household.

To clarify, I'm not a bot, not a ticket broker, but simply a big U2 fan who did his buddy a favor. As mentioned, the pre-sale code made sure we complied with the ticket purchase policy and therefore I didn't expect this to happen.

Therefore, please re-instate the ticket. If you need any proof XXX U2 account and pre-sale code, please let me know. His e-mail is XXX. If you prefer to bill him directly, and ship the tickets to him, that's fine as well. If I expected this to be an issue, I would have either let him just pay for it directly (or use another card/name/address myself).

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Kasper

Hello, 

My tickets got cancelled yesterday as well. Find below a copy of the message send to Ticketmaster. I have not received a response from them, and am not able to contact them by phone either (due to "high call volume").

--- 

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hopefully this message finds you well. I just received a notification that (2) of my u2 tickets at MSG on July 18th have been cancelled due to a violation of the purchase policy. Note that I am very familiar with the policy, and would like to clarify the situation.

When the tour was announced my friend XXX and myself signed up for the U2 fan club (@ $50 each) in order to get the pre-sale code. With this presale code we could both purchase (2) tickets.

When the tickets went on sale I purchased two tickets for myself, and went through the checkout procedure. Since XXX lives in the Bahamas, and both the financial system as well as the postal system are somewhat ‘challenging’, I offered to pay for his tickets instead. I understand your automatic system flagged this as a policy violation (for bots & ticket brokers). The truth is that the pre-sale code already ensured that we couldn't buy more tickets than allowed during the pre-sale (2-per person). Also, this purchase did comply with the 4-ticket max. per household.

To clarify, I'm not a bot, not a ticket broker, but simply a big U2 fan who did his buddy a favor. As mentioned, the pre-sale code made sure we complied with the ticket purchase policy and therefore I didn't expect this to happen.

Therefore, please re-instate the ticket. If you need any proof XXX U2 account and pre-sale code, please let me know. His e-mail is XXX. If you prefer to bill him directly, and ship the tickets to him, that's fine as well. If I expected this to be an issue, I would have either let him just pay for it directly (or use another card/name/address myself).

Thanks,

Kasper

can yu PM me the transaction numbers please, ta

Hello, 

--- 

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks,

Kasper

and also your friends name here, 

"Tickets are absolutely being cancelled. Ticketmaster is not budging form this." So, I called the number at the bottom of the U2.com FAQ about tour and this is what was exactly told to me. So, basically I can't use my pre-sale code because I share a house with other U2 fans who also have a code.

Edited by juantrenine

Hello, 

--- 

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks,

Kasper

and also your friends name here, 

Just send you both. Thanks

"Tickets are absolutely being cancelled. Ticketmaster is not budging form this." So, I called the number at the bottom of the U2.com FAQ on the tour link (number posted below) and this is what was exactly told to me. So, basically if you share the same address with another U2.com subscriber only one of you can use your pre-sale code. Thus, I can't use my pre-sale code because I share a house with other U2 fans who also have a code. If I do this, I was told I will be at risk of having "all orders cancelled". Has anyone had tangible results getting at a policy that assures things won't get cancelled when following the exact ticket procedure that U2 issued? It seems as if Bigwave has had to try and fix everything. Which sucks for him and is an absurd way to handle ticket sales for the biggest band in the world ticket. Again, this is the phone # posted on the U2.com page. Please tell me someone has gotten a better answer.

I suggest we all call.

CONTACT US
If you have questions please call our customer support team at:
1-800-615-1324 (inside the US)
+001-949-333-4820 (outside the US).

I wish i could help.   You argument is similar to many U2 fans.

I hope some take's TM to task over this shite service!!

"Tickets are absolutely being cancelled. Ticketmaster is not budging form this." So, I called the number at the bottom of the U2.com FAQ about tour and this is what was exactly told to me. So, basically I can't use my pre-sale code because I share a house with other U2 fans who also have a code.

can you PM me your order numbers, (and both usernames) thanks

The general view (confirmed by Bigwave) is that if you have two different names AND (critically) two different CCs, then having the same address shouldn't affect you.  My wife and I already did this for the 1st two Chicago shows--no problems.  My wife and I have also done this w/no issues in many previous tours.  Bigwave also said they told TM to lay off (in situations like I just described), and to tell him if problems occur anyway.  All that said, my and others' (successful) experience with this involves using the presales for different shows (i.e., not trying to use both pairs of presale codes for the same show).  Even there, however, you should be OK as long as the TM Credit Cards you're using are different.  As far as I know, almost all the problems folks have had is when they use the same CC.  Oh, and it would help if there are only 2 members at the same address, I suppose.

Edited by mike7man

Oh boy...I'm still so pissed off and on a roll that I'll share my story.  I had an Experience code, so I did my presale on Thursday.  I was trying for a GA to Chicago 1. I was having issues with ticketmaster.com, so a friend suggested using the Mobile App.  Anyway, that worked, the GA ticket went through (I thought). But, I never received an email confirmation, although I could see a confirmation number.  But....the ticket never showed up in the "my ticket" area of the TM app.  I didn't think much of it until I purchased a GA ticket for LA a few hours later.  It went to a final screen, then I got an immediate email confirmation.  So, I started to freak out, and immediately tried for another GA to Chicago, since the first one didn't work.  I got one, got the email confirmation, and the ticket showed in app.  So, all good, right?!?

But wait...not good!  I got an email from TM on Sunday saying I had violated the ticket limit and  my ticket would be cancelled.  Of course there is no way to speak to a human at Ticketmaster.  The customer service number has had a busy signal for the past five days.  So, I sent a frantic email to them to please help me and call me.  I received an email from TM today, saying I still had the GA to Chicago 1.  I thought they were referring to the ticket I had the confirmation email on and was showing in my app.  Just for the hell of it, I clicked on that ticket in the app - and it said it was voided!!! OMG.

Anyway, I just got off the phone with the United Center in Chicago, and they assured me the the initial transaction did go through, and that the ticket shows in the system.  But, I never received a confirmation on that ticket, so the person I spoke to said as long as they swipe my credit card at the entry, I'll be fine.  That's a pretty major leap of faith on my part.  I told the guy I talked to that if he was giving me crap information I was gonna hunt him down!!!  So. Much. Stress.

Fingers crossed!!  Suzanne

Just to be clear.....this is not a new TM policy. They are not out to get anyone, keep tickets away from long time U2 fans, or to funnel the tickets to resellers.

This is an old old policy.

Dear U2.com,

I have been a long time member - from the Propaganda days. For this tour my wife and daughters ( university age) also became members with the hope of all of being able to attend both Toronto shows. We all live at the same address but had individual memberships and unique codes. Today our order for 2 tickets for show one was cancelled. I called TM and they confirmed there was nothing they could do. I also got 4 tickets to the Tuesday July 7th show - and they were Red Zone. The TM rep said they aren't cancelled yet, but based on what happened with show 1 , she expects them to be cancelled as well. That would be devastating. We were so excited to be able to get Red Zone and go together. Is there any way you can save us these tickets for the second Toronto show? Please help. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this