Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

subscriber? ticket cancelled? post here! (MERGED)

Dear U2.com,

I have been a long time member - from the Propaganda days. For this tour my wife and daughters ( university age) also became members with the hope of all of being able to attend both Toronto shows. We all live at the same address but had individual memberships and unique codes. Today our order for 2 tickets for show one was cancelled. I called TM and they confirmed there was nothing they could do. I also got 4 tickets to the Tuesday July 7th show - and they were Red Zone. The TM rep said they aren't cancelled yet, but based on what happened with show 1 , she expects them to be cancelled as well. That would be devastating. We were so excited to be able to get Red Zone and go together. Is there any way you can save us these tickets for the second Toronto show? Please help. Thanks!

can you PM me transaction id's & any username , thanks

as per usual another U2 ticket fuck up when will they learn????

thanks thats really helpful.

well the proofs all over facebook and seemingly here,only stating facts

well the proofs all over facebook and seemingly here,only stating facts

I am putting your name forward as customer services rep to answer all queries 

Me and my co-worker each managed to get 2 GA's for Toronto during the eXPERIENCE presale.  We were planning on going to both shows together but....BAM.  Effin TM cancelled my tickets today.  When I called they said it was because multiple purchases were done on the same IP address.  Big freakin deal!  Thanks for nothing TM.  YOU SUCK!

Me and my co-worker each managed to get 2 GA's for Toronto during the eXPERIENCE presale.  We were planning on going to both shows together but....BAM.  Effin TM cancelled my tickets today.  When I called they said it was because multiple purchases were done on the same IP address.  Big freakin deal!  Thanks for nothing TM.  YOU SUCK!

can you PM me your order numbers & we can get it reviewed, ta

I just checked TM site and now my tickets are ready to print. I guess I'm good? I really feel for those here that got screwed over. I hope it works out for all of you.

Edited by zootv77

I just checked TM site and now my tickets are ready to print. I guess I'm good? I really feel for those here that got screwed over. I hope it works out for all of you.

So if tickets are ready to print, are we safe??? Can anyone confirm this?? I'm so tired of checking my TM acct. hourly!!!

So if tickets are ready to print, are we safe??? Can anyone confirm this?? I'm so tired of checking my TM acct. hourly!!!

Sadly, I have no idea.

Hi all,

I feel compelled to relate my experience because I am nervous my tickets for Boston #2, purchased in the general sale, will be cancelled. I used my code last week to get tix for NYC. In yesterday's general sale, i purchased four tix to Boston for July 11; i was successful in pulling tickets, but kept receiving an error message when I tried to purchase and then had to begin again. Finally, the transaction went through...I purchased 4 tickets and received a confirmation from Ticketmaster. Last night, I checked my credit card statement online and saw charges for two purchases from yesterday's general sale. When I called Ticketmaster, they confirmed I had 8 tickets to the show, and was in danger of having them all voided because I exceeded the ticket limit. I told them I never received confirmation of the first purchase, and they confirmed that they never sent one to me. One rep gave me an email address where the confirmation was sent, that wasn't mine, and a second rep simply told me they never sent me one. They said I needed to return one set of tickets, or risk having them all voided. I cancelled the first set...but have no confidence the second set will remain valid.

I'm a long time fan, going back to Propoganda, etc. I have seen every tour, in multiple cities/states. I am very grateful for the opportunity to buy tickets in a pre-sale and don't wish to add my numerous complaints about Ticketmaster to the long list that exists in these posts. Clearly, Ticketmaster's issues have momentarily interfered with our excitement for the shows...they really do stink. I just want to make sure my tickets aren't cancelled. I called Ticketmaster, I did everything I can think of...but since this thread is dedicated to ticket cancellations, I am adding my concerns. At what point can I stop worrying that my tix will be voided?

Thx, all...looking forward to the shows.

you realize bigwave is trying to help instead of making everyone deal with it blindly right?

Dear Wanderer,

I appreciate your input. But it is new compared to previous tours. You absolutely could use your presale codes even if 50 U2 members lived in the same house in previous tour (this is how me and my roomies traveled to see the group for several shows, and over several tours). And I say this respectfully, if it was an old policy (which it is not), it would mean U2 were negligent and decided not to make this evident when selling memberships (and issuing presale codes) to households that have more than one member.

My situation is that, on Dec 3 I went to U2.com to purchase a membership for my 16 year old nephew, I entered all the info, supplied my credit card and it said it was denied  I knew this was impossible so I made the submission again and got the same reply, that the card was denied.  I called my bank they told me that two charges had just been made to Live Nation in the sum of $57.00 twice, which is the fee for the subscription from Canada.   To this day I have those charges on my credit card (as indicated by the bank as I will not get a statement for a month) My nephew nor myself have yet to receive any form of confirmation that I bought the subscription, just that I was charged for it twice by Live Nation.  This is very poor service on the part of Live Nation and the U2.com site, sorry but that had to be said  There has NEVER in the history of the band been as many problems and fiascos as there have been with this ticket sale.  Please note that we HAD wanted to use presale codes for Fridays early sale in Vancouver.  Now we wait to see what happens next and to see if we can even take in a show.

Its hard not to get fed up with all this minor minutia..Unless they find that some-one is "boting" out 25-50  or 100's of tickets...they should just chill.  We shouldn't be worried about legally trying to secure an additional pair of tix for our favorite band....You don't have to be in the CIA to immediately determine the difference between a fan purchasing 2, 4 or 6 tickets under several in home memberships Vs robot dialing 100's of tickets all over the country.  I've been holding my pass-code for the last week myself, and will blow a gasket if they cancel my 2 tickets Thursday...Oh yeah, thats if I can actually land something decent this time..Good luck out there, I'm hoping its a lot smoother than last week.     

I'm reading tm is checking even ip addresses and cancelling orders with the same ip.. this is crazy, why don't they do the same with scalpers? Check the ip address of people selling ga tickets at 500$ instead of ours!! What A are they going to do tomorrow? call cia and fbi?

Yes, I can not use my code because I share an address with another U2 member. It is written nowhere that this is the case when I signed up. In fact, just the opposite, I am being encouraged via U2 emails to use a code that according to TM will cancel all orders from this address. Nice coordination.

Edited by deucegoose

Yes, I can not use my code because I share an address with another U2 member. It is written nowhere that this is the case when I signed up. In fact, just the opposite, I am being encouraged via U2 emails to use a code that according to TM will cancel all orders from this address. Nice coordination.

TM have been told to relax this policy, but if it were me, a belt & braces (shouldn't be necessary I know), would be to change delivery address on 2nd user code / ticket purchase

I wonder. Is this only happening in the US and Canada or Europe as well?

I bought 2 tickets for Amsterdam 1 and two more for Amsterdam 2.

Am I safe?

Hi bigwave, I see you reaching out to distraught members and I appreciate that.  That said, and with all due respect, I'm wondering what it takes to get some attention here!?  My wife (AnnetteMurphy1975) made what was perhaps too timid a plea for help and it seems to have been overlooked.  Ours is the same story as soooo many others on this forum: long time devoted fans with naive expectations that, having followed all the stated rules, we might share the U2 experience with our families.  So, as a member of the eXPERIENCE group I bought 2 tickets for the the July 7 show in Toronto on Thursday.  As a member of the sUCKERS wHO gOT dUPED group we bought two more tickets for the same show on Friday.  Monday, December 8th at 11:52 AM, 74 hours (more than three days) after the second purchase and looong after anything could be done about it, TM informs us that they've cancelled our second order.

I've been suppressing a brain aneurysm ever since!  Not only are these rules inconsistent with the U2.com presale rules, they were, for all intents and purposes, imposed retroactively!  At the very least, if TM notified consumers at the time (or shortly after) the second purchase, we could have cued up with the rest of public for a shot at tickets.  That's not what happened!  My guess: TM didn't want any more strain on their pathetically under supported systems... So I called TM, of course, and they want to read the fine print to me.  I wasn't having that until I decided it was time for an object lesson.  With only 3 minutes to push through their system before timing out (and considering 2 1/2 of those minutes are taken up by the delay in their response time) there's no way you can read through all that garbage that any reasonable person would assume they've already read over on the U2.com site!  And guess what, the lady on the other end couldn't manage to read through it in 3 minutes either!!!!

You know, I've already put way too much energy into this fiasco and God knows I've put too much money into it (at least $50 recently and tens of thousands over the three decades I've been a U2 fan)!  I do hope this message manages sees some sort of address, but my optimism is failing...

My situation is that, on Dec 3 I went to U2.com to purchase a membership for my 16 year old nephew, I entered all the info, supplied my credit card and it said it was denied  I knew this was impossible so I made the submission again and got the same reply, that the card was denied.  I called my bank they told me that two charges had just been made to Live Nation in the sum of $57.00 twice, which is the fee for the subscription from Canada.   To this day I have those charges on my credit card (as indicated by the bank as I will not get a statement for a month) My nephew nor myself have yet to receive any form of confirmation that I bought the subscription, just that I was charged for it twice by Live Nation.  This is very poor service on the part of Live Nation and the U2.com site, sorry but that had to be said  There has NEVER in the history of the band been as many problems and fiascos as there have been with this ticket sale.  Please note that we HAD wanted to use presale codes for Fridays early sale in Vancouver.  Now we wait to see what happens next and to see if we can even take in a show.

hi, if you PM me up order numbers, names etc I will forward to LN for review, cheers

Hi bigwave, I see you reaching out to distraught members and I appreciate that.  That said, and with all due respect, I'm wondering what it takes to get some attention here!?  My wife (AnnetteMurphy1975) made what was perhaps too timid a plea for help and it seems to have been overlooked.  Ours is the same story as soooo many others on this forum: long time devoted fans with naive expectations that, having followed all the stated rules, we might share the U2 experience with our families.  So, as a member of the eXPERIENCE group I bought 2 tickets for the the July 7 show in Toronto on Thursday.  As a member of the sUCKERS wHO gOT dUPED group we bought two more tickets for the same show on Friday.  Monday, December 8th at 11:52 AM, 74 hours (more than three days) after the second purchase and looong after anything could be done about it, TM informs us that they've cancelled our second order.

I've been suppressing a brain aneurysm ever since!  Not only are these rules inconsistent with the U2.com presale rules, they were, for all intents and purposes, imposed retroactively!  At the very least, if TM notified consumers at the time (or shortly after) the second purchase, we could have cued up with the rest of public for a shot at tickets.  That's not what happened!  My guess: TM didn't want any more strain on their pathetically under supported systems... So I called TM, of course, and they want to read the fine print to me.  I wasn't having that until I decided it was time for an object lesson.  With only 3 minutes to push through their system before timing out (and considering 2 1/2 of those minutes are taken up by the delay in their response time) there's no way you can read through all that garbage that any reasonable person would assume they've already read over on the U2.com site!  And guess what, the lady on the other end couldn't manage to read through it in 3 minutes either!!!!

You know, I've already put way too much energy into this fiasco and God knows I've put too much money into it (at least $50 recently and tens of thousands over the three decades I've been a U2 fan)!  I do hope this message manages sees some sort of address, but my optimism is failing...

hi, if you PM me up the transaction ID's, user names etc I will send up to LN for review, thanks 

Oh boy...I'm still so pissed off and on a roll that I'll share my story. I had an Experience code, so I did my presale on Thursday. I was trying for a GA to Chicago 1. I was having issues with ticketmaster.com, so a friend suggested using the Mobile App. Anyway, that worked, the GA ticket went through (I thought). But, I never received an email confirmation, although I could see a confirmation number. But....the ticket never showed up in the "my ticket" area of the TM app. I didn't think much of it until I purchased a GA ticket for LA a few hours later. It went to a final screen, then I got an immediate email confirmation. So, I started to freak out, and immediately tried for another GA to Chicago, since the first one didn't work. I got one, got the email confirmation, and the ticket showed in app. So, all good, right?!?

But wait...not good! I got an email from TM on Sunday saying I had violated the ticket limit and my ticket would be cancelled. Of course there is no way to speak to a human at Ticketmaster. The customer service number has had a busy signal for the past five days. So, I sent a frantic email to them to please help me and call me. I received an email from TM today, saying I still had the GA to Chicago 1. I thought they were referring to the ticket I had the confirmation email on and was showing in my app. Just for the hell of it, I clicked on that ticket in the app - and it said it was voided!!! OMG.

Anyway, I just got off the phone with the United Center in Chicago, and they assured me the the initial transaction did go through, and that the ticket shows in the system. But, I never received a confirmation on that ticket, so the person I spoke to said as long as they swipe my credit card at the entry, I'll be fine. That's a pretty major leap of faith on my part. I told the guy I talked to that if he was giving me crap information I was gonna hunt him down!!! So. Much. Stress.

Fingers crossed!! Suzanne

I feel your pain. I supposedly have 2 tickets to Chicago with no email from ticketmaster and nothing in my account listed. Just a charge to my credit card for just shy of $600 and a ticketmaster agent saying I have tickets. No confirmation at all. I am a wreck worrying about if we will get in and by then it's too late to dispute the charges to my card. I need something from them showing my tickets are valid.

Sign in to follow this