Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

subscriber? ticket cancelled? post here! (MERGED)

Yesterday  I bought 2 tickets in the presale for the Boston 4 show.  They are for my wife (who is also a fan club member) and we share a CC, she is an authorized user on the account so we thought we'd be fine per TM's rules on their website regarding authorized users and credit card entry

" I used a card I share with my spouse – can they get in without me?

As long they’re an authorized card user! Just make sure your better half brings the card and a photo ID."

However upon looking at the cards today we realized that even though it is one account there are 2 different numbers on the cards!  I called my bank (Capital One) to ask about  this and they said they do that to track each individuals purchases even thoiugh it it is one account.

Will she be able to get into the show? Thanks!

Contact TM immediately, either via their website or by phone, and explain the issue - have any and all documents about the purchase in hand..

Thank you.  Am on hold with TM right now.  

Yesterday  I bought 2 tickets in the presale for the Boston 4 show.  They are for my wife (who is also a fan club member) and we share a CC, she is an authorized user on the account so we thought we'd be fine per TM's rules on their website regarding authorized users and credit card entry

" I used a card I share with my spouse – can they get in without me?

As long they’re an authorized card user! Just make sure your better half brings the card and a photo ID."

However upon looking at the cards today we realized that even though it is one account there are 2 different numbers on the cards!  I called my bank (Capital One) to ask about  this and they said they do that to track each individuals purchases even thoiugh it it is one account.

Will she be able to get into the show? Thanks!

Contact TM immediately, either via their website or by phone, and explain the issue - have any and all documents about the purchase in hand..

Thank you.  Am on hold with TM right now.  

Just talked to TM.  They told me they thought it wouldn't be a problem but that I should call the TD Garden in Boston and ask aobut the scanning process.  and she gave me a phone nmbr to call.

Just talked to TM.  They told me they thought it wouldn't be a problem but that I should call the TD Garden in Boston and ask aobut the scanning process.  and she gave me a phone nmbr to call.

ok... let's expect all is solved in a satisfactory way...

please keep us updated... this could be useful for others...

I don't care about Paris.. My friend already bought the tickets that he wanted, but now, I'm concerned about one of my Amsterdam tickets... Can you please help me? I don't know what to do more... I'm trying everything I can... I did this on a genuine mistake. (I've tried to solve this issue after 10 minutes of my buying)

I used the Passcode from my other account (bono_vox_2000@hotmail.com)

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Luis Venâncio

Keep trying with the ticketing agency... it's possible that they are swamped right now, so you have no option but to keep trying with them...

I will do... But I can have my tickets for Amsterdam canceled? Do I get my money back? LOL

Is there anyway possible to know which passcode I used for one specific concert? I want to know if the passcode that I used today by mistake, is the same that I used for the Amsterdam 8th of September concert...

Thank you.

I will do... But I can have my tickets for Amsterdam canceled? Do I get my money back? LOL

Is there anyway possible to know which passcode I used for one specific concert? I want to know if the passcode that I used today by mistake, is the same that I used for the Amsterdam 8th of September concert...

Thank you.

I don't see any reason why the tickets couldn't get cancelled... but I don't think it would be a quick process. Perhaps consider to wait a few days after the general sale, so they are not swamped...

About the codes... not from here... *maybe* the ticketing agency can (emphasis on *maybe*)

Thank you.

I don't see any reason why the tickets couldn't get cancelled... but I don't think it would be a quick process. Perhaps consider to wait a few days after the general sale, so they are not swamped...

About the codes... not from here... *maybe* the ticketing agency can (emphasis on *maybe*)

Thanks for the help. 

But, I can't get any help at all for this? who do I have to contact to have this issue solved?

Thank you

Thank you.

Thanks for the help. 

But, I can't get any help at all for this? who do I have to contact to have this issue solved?

Thank you

the ticketing agency...

Just talked to the Customer Service line at the TD Garden (617-624-1331).  They told me it would be fine.  She should just bring my credit card in with her and her photo ID. Since we share the same last name and address, it will be no problem. Let's hope it all works out!

ok... let's expect all is solved in a satisfactory way...

please keep us updated... this could be useful for others...

Just talked to the Customer Service line at the TD Garden (617-624-1331).  They told me it would be fine.  She should just bring my credit card in with her and her photo ID. Since we share the same last name and address, it will be no problem. Let's hope it all works out! Thanks for your help!

Edited by JLW

Latest update from TM. Once again, very helpful.... (not)

---

Hi Kasper,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I have reached out to our local office to confirm the information we have, and they have advised us that for the specific tickets you purchased, the limit is 2 per household, not per fan. I am sorry that you received incorrect information. If you were over the ticket limit, unfortunately there is nothing we can do to get those tickets back as you did agree to our terms of use, which includes a section about the ticket limits. If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply to this email, or give us a call at 1-800-653-8000.

Thanks for being a fan!

Marki

Ticketmaster Fan Support Supervisor

Edited by kasperburgerhout

Latest update from TM. Once again, very helpful.... (not)

---

Hi Kasper,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I have reached out to our local office to confirm the information we have, and they have advised us that for the specific tickets you purchased, the limit is 2 per household, not per fan. I am sorry that you received incorrect information. If you were over the ticket limit, unfortunately there is nothing we can do to get those tickets back as you did agree to our terms of use, which includes a section about the ticket limits. If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply to this email, or give us a call at 1-800-653-8000.

Thanks for being a fan!

Marki

Ticketmaster Fan Support Supervisor

Just out of curiosity, has anyone actually seen or read the terms and conditions where it says "per household"? TM say you agreed to it but I don't actually recall seeing it anywhere, but then I haven't scoured the fine print either.

nono, it wasn't written! We all read everything very carefully!

Yesterday, TM refunded us the 2 tickets they cancelled ... (but not the insurance... why?)

yesterday afternoon I tried the presale for NYC with the innocence code I used for the 2 cancelled tickets and it didn't work..

I'll try on general sale but it will be very, very hard ... especially for GA tickets ..

TM yesterday was working very bad and, by now, no tickets (resale tickets too) for any concerts in MSG are being sold .. I think they're trying to solve the problems with the site.. I thought this kind of things was tipically Italian, I was wrong.. Ticketmaster is not better, not at all, than "our" ticketone ..

But.. what about my innocence code, paid but now unvalid?? what about the 50$ paid for it??? what should I do???
I'm really, really disappointed .. and very angry.

Edited by wilhorses80

If they can't prove it's written anywhere how can they take the tickets away?!?! Has anyone actually asked them to show where it says this and see what they come up with?

Has anyone had any tickets cancelled by evenko for the Montreal shows?

I'd be interested to know that too...

Dear U2.com

My daughter and I have had 2 tickets revoked from Ticketmaster and are very distressed.  

We have been planning a family affair at the U2 concert in Toronto at the July 7th concert. I was responsible for getting my son and myself tickets, and my daughter was responsible for getting tickets for her cousin and herself. We also have other extended family attending the concert. 

My daughter (who lives at home) and I each have our own U2 memberships and therefore able to receive two distinct U2 pre-sale purchase codes--so we would be entitled to 2 tickets each.  We followed the rules as outlined on the emails we received, to make sure we were able to get a total of 4 tickets.

We used two different pre-sale codes with my daughter's Ticketmaster account to get the tickets- as we thought it would easiest since it is credit card swipe at the concert. We received an email from TicketMaster 5 days after our purchases, informing us that two of our tickets were revoked. We received the email when the general public tickets were already sold out, they did not even give us a chance to attempt to get tickets with the GP sale.  No help from TM when we called and explained that we did not do anything wrong as we followed U2.com rules and each had our own pass-codes entitling us to 2 tickets each. 

Ticketmaster should not have allowed the second transaction to be put through (for 5 days, at that), we should have been alerted as soon as we hit the submit order button, and the transaction should not have gone through at all. 

If you can help us get our 2 general admission tickets back, so we don't have to decide who has to miss the U2 experience we will be so grateful.

Lori

Good luck, Lori.  You should private message the moderators (Bigwave, Max, or Bajagirl) about this, and they may be able to help.  Your big mistake was using the same TM account to place both orders--that's exactly the kind of thing that would make TM nervous.  Also, for future reference, use two different TM accounts with different credit cards associated w/each.  Again, contact the moderators, and good luck!

If they can't prove it's written anywhere how can they take the tickets away?!?! Has anyone actually asked them to show where it says this and see what they come up with?

It (the "household" thing) is NOT written in the US ticket limit sections; I have seen it in some of the UK TM ticket limit sections.  Actually, the US TM sections say "2 per person".  Look at the sections yourself and see.  I wouldn't hold your breath on getting them to be reasonable, however.

Thanks BIG WAVE!!!! Ticketmaster called me and reinstated the second pair of tickets they had cancelled for MSG! Thank you and the team for helping get this done!!!!!

I just received a call from Ticketmaster and they reinstated my wife's order for the cancelled tickets on her U2 pre sales passcode.

My situation was the same as many, I had a pre-sales code and bought two tickets on Thursday in the eXPERIENCE group. My wife used her pre sales code and bought two tickets on Friday in the iNNOCENCE group.

Ticketmaster cancelled my wife's order due to violating the only two tickets per household policy and using the same address for the tickets

Trust in Bigwave. If you have had an order that was cancelled due to the "two per household" issue, reach out to Bigwave for help.

Thanks Bigwave, I really do appreciate you help in resolving my issue.

Big D

That's great news for anthony a & Big D!  Had the same thing happen for the Phoenix concert and have our fingers crossed... hearing this has raised our hopes!!

Dear U2.com

My daughter and I have had 2 tickets revoked from Ticketmaster and are very distressed.  

We have been planning a family affair at the U2 concert in Toronto at the July 7th concert. I was responsible for getting my son and myself tickets, and my daughter was responsible for getting tickets for her cousin and herself. We also have other extended family attending the concert. 

My daughter (who lives at home) and I each have our own U2 memberships and therefore able to receive two distinct U2 pre-sale purchase codes--so we would be entitled to 2 tickets each.  We followed the rules as outlined on the emails we received, to make sure we were able to get a total of 4 tickets.

We used two different pre-sale codes with my daughter's Ticketmaster account to get the tickets- as we thought it would easiest since it is credit card swipe at the concert. We received an email from TicketMaster 5 days after our purchases, informing us that two of our tickets were revoked. We received the email when the general public tickets were already sold out, they did not even give us a chance to attempt to get tickets with the GP sale.  No help from TM when we called and explained that we did not do anything wrong as we followed U2.com rules and each had our own pass-codes entitling us to 2 tickets each. 

Ticketmaster should not have allowed the second transaction to be put through (for 5 days, at that), we should have been alerted as soon as we hit the submit order button, and the transaction should not have gone through at all. 

If you can help us get our 2 general admission tickets back, so we don't have to decide who has to miss the U2 experience we will be so grateful.

Lori

Good luck, Lori!  My wife, daughters, and I are having the same conversation in my house concerning the same show.  BigWave (one of the Mods) has sent our case to TM, but that was almost a week ago and I've still not heard anything back from them!  I've made the exact same case as you made here (https://darryljmurphy.wordpress.com/2014/12/08/even-fans-who-got-tickets-got-screwed-2/)...Hope springs eternal...!

I just received a call from Ticketmaster and they reinstated my wife's order for the cancelled tickets on her U2 pre sales passcode.

My situation was the same as many, I had a pre-sales code and bought two tickets on Thursday in the eXPERIENCE group. My wife used her pre sales code and bought two tickets on Friday in the iNNOCENCE group.

Ticketmaster cancelled my wife's order due to violating the only two tickets per household policy and using the same address for the tickets

Trust in Bigwave. If you have had an order that was cancelled due to the "two per household" issue, reach out to Bigwave for help.

Thanks Bigwave, I really do appreciate you help in resolving my issue.

Big D

This is VERY good news, Big D.  I have seen others report that TM stuck to their policy in their case.  Did TM give you any idea why they might restore your tickets but not restore others?

I am so devastated! My husband and I each had fan club codes and I just happened to look on Ticketmaster today and they cancelled two of our tickets! We are not from Massachusettes and we're bringing the kids to their first big concert. I argued with ticketmaster they blame U2. We now only have two tickets for a four person family on vacation. I've been following the band sense '83 and am so hurt by all this. Do something U2! Make them give me my tickets back!!! They're listed on my Ticketmaster account but cancelled. But still right there. Very upset, ticketmaster says they didn't even have to tell me they were cancelled! Plus the $100 fan club membership. This is wrong! This was for the July 10 Boston show. My daughter leaves a few days after that to Europe so we couldn't change venues if we wanted too. I'm losing faith in my band!!!

Sign in to follow this