Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

subscriber? ticket cancelled? post here! (MERGED)

Hi Gailkinnegleason, you should immediately send a private message to Bigwave or one of the other moderators with your ticket and order confirmation numbers. As noted in messages above, there have some cases where cancelled tickets have been restored.

Best of luck, and hopefully everything works out.

Andrew

just a note to all, as you can see, some people are reporting that they have had tix restored by TM, some have not as yet, we have sent up reminders and second reminders, but think now as it is so close to holidays and organisations will be shutting up shop, we will need to pick this up again in the new year, and see where the land lies... there is still plenty of time between then and the tour.

I ordered 4 tickets to the July 26 at MSG, but I saw better seats and ended up buying 4 tickets. I called ticketmaster and advised them if I can cancel my first order to avoid having both orders cancelled. I did use two different CC, but it was still 4 ticket totals per household. They said they will not issue a refund, and all refund requests are being denied. I am still worried that one or both the orders will get cancelled. The customer service rep was unable to tell me if they can still possibly get cancelled. However, if my refund request was denied, then I should be fine.

More than a month now since my 'case' was sent through to Live Nation for review (thank you, bigwave, for all your efforts!) and still no response.  Now U2.com is sending me notification to renew my subscription... You've got to be kidding me!  As a long-time subscriber to U2.com and a former member of Propaganda (U2's original fan club and print fanzine) this recent ticket fiasco has left me saying, fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  I won't be fooled again!

More than a month now since my 'case' was sent through to Live Nation for review (thank you, bigwave, for all your efforts!) and still no response.  Now U2.com is sending me notification to renew my subscription... You've got to be kidding me!  As a long-time subscriber to U2.com and a former member of Propaganda (U2's original fan club and print fanzine) this recent ticket fiasco has left me saying, fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.  I won't be fooled again!

Caesar - I agree with you. This was not handled in a decent and fair way (Bigwave, thank you for your support though!) My friend and I, who are long time U2 fans but just recent fan club members, will be terminating our account after the 1-year. This whole thing has left a very bad taste in my mouth. 

Bigwave, maybe you can follow-up on Caesar's situation?  A month is a ridiculously long time for Live Nation to take to resolve this.

Hello Mods...this is a copy of the letter I recently sent to TM, but have not received a reply:

Good Evening

I would like to revisit this case where TM canceled my order due to a ticket limit violation.  This is what happened in order of events....

1.  I ordered and received 2 Chicago general admission U2 tickets using my presale code I received from U2.com using the TM iphone app. using a credit card shared by my wife and I.
2.  I ordered 2 NYC general admission U2 tickets using the iPhone app and my wife's presale code.
3.  After receiving confirmation of the tickets, I realized that when I ordered the NYC tickets, I didn't save or lock in the city selection and accidentally ordered 2 more tickets for Chicago.  I can assure you, I only need and want 2 tickets for this show.
4.  Upon realizing I had 4 tickets for Chicago, I contacted TM and was told they could and would cancel my order and not charge my credit card.  This was all fine by me.  You should be able to confirm this if you keep track of phone calls/account numbers.
5.  Before the order was canceled, I received the above notice about the ticket limit violation and the second order was canceled anyway.
6.  When my wife tried to use her presale code again, we were informed of it's cancellation.  We were still able to get tickets in the general sale for another show so figured at this point, it didn't really matter anymore.
7.  Now U2 is announcing new shows that will have a presale and my wife would like to have her access code reactivated since we never were able to use it. 

I know that you have worked with U2.com moderators who have worked on behalf of U2.com members (my wife and I are both members) and have reactivated codes in similar situations.  I can assure you we are not trying to scam anyone or scalp anything and just want to try to go to another show.

Mods, I can provide my wife's name if you think you can help.  Thanks.
Edited by dwaltman

Hello Mods...this is a copy of the letter I recently sent to TM, but have not received a reply:

Good Evening

I would like to revisit this case where TM canceled my order due to a ticket limit violation.  This is what happened in order of events....

1.  I ordered and received 2 Chicago general admission U2 tickets using my presale code I received from U2.com using the TM iphone app. using a credit card shared by my wife and I.
2.  I ordered 2 NYC general admission U2 tickets using the iPhone app and my wife's presale code.
3.  After receiving confirmation of the tickets, I realized that when I ordered the NYC tickets, I didn't save or lock in the city selection and accidentally ordered 2 more tickets for Chicago.  I can assure you, I only need and want 2 tickets for this show.
4.  Upon realizing I had 4 tickets for Chicago, I contacted TM and was told they could and would cancel my order and not charge my credit card.  This was all fine by me.  You should be able to confirm this if you keep track of phone calls/account numbers.
5.  Before the order was canceled, I received the above notice about the ticket limit violation and the second order was canceled anyway.
6.  When my wife tried to use her presale code again, we were informed of it's cancellation.  We were still able to get tickets in the general sale for another show so figured at this point, it didn't really matter anymore.
7.  Now U2 is announcing new shows that will have a presale and my wife would like to have her access code reactivated since we never were able to use it. 

I know that you have worked with U2.com moderators who have worked on behalf of U2.com members (my wife and I are both members) and have reactivated codes in similar situations.  I can assure you we are not trying to scam anyone or scalp anything and just want to try to go to another show.

Mods, I can provide my wife's name if you think you can help.  Thanks.

hi, can you send me to max or baja a PM (moderators) thx

have followed up again today with LN/TM for you

Caesar - I agree with you. This was not handled in a decent and fair way (Bigwave, thank you for your support though!) My friend and I, who are long time U2 fans but just recent fan club members, will be terminating our account after the 1-year. This whole thing has left a very bad taste in my mouth. 

like caesar have followed up again today with LN/TM for you

Curious if anyone has had any of these ticket issues arise since the initial wave back in the beginning.  Guessing no since there've been no posts in a number of weeks?  I guess TM did get the message...  Time to buy a plane ticket to get to the show.

I HAVE JUST NOTICED THAT MY PRESALE CODE HAS DISAPPEARED FROM MY PROFILE, I WAS HOPING TO USE IT FOR DUBLIN DATES. WHATS STORY CAN ANYONE HELP. 

Hi friends, last week I noticed when applying for reprinting two tickets for U2, that Ticketmaster have canceled me my tickets for U2, day 05/10 in Barcelona, I bought them physically on a distribuitor shop. I still have those tickets, and it is a ruin, Not only because I have my fly a hotel bought, but for the illusion I had on that day that I ve been waiting so long. I do not want to dwell much, so just ask if they you do something for me, get in touch with me, my name is Francisco José Cabeza Acal; Twitter: @langdom; Facebook: Francisco José Cabeza Acal; [MOD EDIT]. Thank you very much.

MOD EDIT: Please avoid posting email addresses/telephone numbers/WhatsApp-Skype-Viber-etc numbers. For contact, use the PM section of the board. Thanks.

Edited by Max Tsukino
whatsapp #

Hi friends, last week I noticed when applying for reprinting two tickets for U2, that Ticketmaster have canceled me my tickets for U2, day 05/10 in Barcelona, I bought them physically on a distribuitor shop. I still have those tickets, and it is a ruin, Not only because I have my fly a hotel bought, but for the illusion I had on that day that I ve been waiting so long. I do not want to dwell much, so just ask if they you do something for me, get in touch with me, my name is Francisco José Cabeza Acal; Twitter: @langdom; Facebook: Francisco José Cabeza Acal; [MOD EDIT]. Thank you very much.

Please call Ticketmaster and explain your issue. Have at hand any and all proof of purchase (emails, tickets, etc).

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I am still trying to work through the Ticketmaster issue that impacted many of us at the Chicago show - the flipped seating chart.

I bought my tickets ~7 months before the show and was very happy with them. When I went to grab them prior to the show, I suddenly saw the 'limited view' language, but thought it must have been a computer mistake. When I got to my seats, I couldn't believe I was suddenly behind the stage instead of facing it from the front. No warning, no notice, no reassessing the value of the ticket. I honestly can't believe they could do that and that no one has taken any responsibility as far as I've been able to see. I read some threads the days after the show, and people said they would call TM, United Center, and others...but everyone just pointed fingers at the other party. The only positive stories anyone had was if you heard about the issue before the concert and asked for new tickets at the box office the day of the show.

How can someone sell a ticket at a certain price and then completely change the seat - by a lot - without any recourse or option for the buyer to get a refund/reissue ahead of time? Can't they at least offer a partial refund since the value (of sitting behind the stage) was much lower to myself and others?? Again, having bought these tickets 7 months prior and the day they went on sale.

Had there been anything done to address this mix up by any party?

Thanks!

Edited by jasonuner

Not sure if this is the right thread, but I am still trying to work through the Ticketmaster issue that impacted many of us at the Chicago show - the flipped seating chart.

I bought my tickets ~7 months before the show and was very happy with them. When I went to grab them prior to the show, I suddenly saw the 'limited view' language, but thought it must have been a computer mistake. When I got to my seats, I couldn't believe I was suddenly behind the stage instead of facing it from the front. No warning, no notice, no reassessing the value of the ticket. I honestly can't believe they could do that and that no one has taken any responsibility as far as I've been able to see. I read some threads the days after the show, and people said they would call TM, United Center, and others...but everyone just pointed fingers at the other party. The only positive stories anyone had was if you heard about the issue before the concert and asked for new tickets at the box office the day of the show.

How can someone sell a ticket at a certain price and then completely change the seat - by a lot - without any recourse or option for the buyer to get a refund/reissue ahead of time? Can't they at least offer a partial refund since the value (of sitting behind the stage) was much lower to myself and others?? Again, having bought these tickets 7 months prior and the day they went on sale.

Had there been anything done to address this mix up by any party?

Thanks!

Same situation with me in Boston 2. I was supposed to be in front of the innocence stage, instead I found myself behind the main stage. I still had a great time but I would of well been within my rights to complain.

Is this thread still being moderated? I've tried escalating with TM to no avail. I went back and forth on email and was given a person to call. I've called them 5 times and am getting no response other than 1 call back when I was unavailable to answer. This whole process is such a mess with nobody wanting to take any responsibility for the welfare of the consumer. I'm going to continue to look at how to escalate this until someone actually talks to me about the whole mess I outlined above. I'm surprised more people aren't disappointed or frustrated by what happened...

Edited by jasonuner

Is this thread still being moderated? I've tried escalating with TM to no avail. I went back and forth on email and was given a person to call. I've called them 5 times and am getting no response other than 1 call back when I was unavailable to answer. This whole process is such a mess with nobody wanting to take any responsibility for the welfare of the consumer. I'm going to continue to look at how to escalate this until someone actually talks to me about the whole mess I outlined above. I'm surprised more people aren't disappointed or frustrated by what happened...

yep -what is it you actually need resolving? (sorry if you already specified) - you can PM me if you need to 

I have a quick question about the limits. I plan on getting 2 presale tickets for Belfast, but I am hoping for 4 of us to go. The tickets for the other 3 will be gifts so I won't be able to ask them to book tickets themselves.

If I book 2 tickets in the presale and 2 on general release, is that a violation and 2 will be cancelled?

I want to get GA which adds the extra complication of being paperless, meaning I can't even get a family member to purchase the other 2 on a different card at a different address because that person will need to be there to scan their card on entry.

I hate the whole paperless system, I know it's not just U2 doing it, and I get what it's trying to achieve but I think it can be really limiting when it comes to purchasing tickets as gifts!

I have a quick question about the limits. I plan on getting 2 presale tickets for Belfast, but I am hoping for 4 of us to go. The tickets for the other 3 will be gifts so I won't be able to ask them to book tickets themselves.

If I book 2 tickets in the presale and 2 on general release, is that a violation and 2 will be cancelled?

I want to get GA which adds the extra complication of being paperless, meaning I can't even get a family member to purchase the other 2 on a different card at a different address because that person will need to be there to scan their card on entry.

I hate the whole paperless system, I know it's not just U2 doing it, and I get what it's trying to achieve but I think it can be really limiting when it comes to purchasing tickets as gifts!

I'll quote your question again after this so it bumps back up....

I been looking into this for someone else- got no real answer yet! It's a risk if you look at the link underneath.. It seems that the 2 ticket rule for this is strict..  But long story short...It seems you wont know until you buy...  Personally I think if your banking on all 4 tickets the safest option (not that I know your circumstances) would seem to be if one of your friends has a  credit card with a different billing address (in some cases a different internet I/p address) and is good at keeping a surprise from the other 2 people is to use their card for Monday... Thats just what my friend is doing for finish..  best of luck! 

I bought tickets for friends – can we get in separately?

If you bought for a group you gotta enter as a group, UNLESS Ticket Transfer is available for your event. To check, just click the order number under Order History in My Account and look for the Transfer Tickets button.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/creditcardentry

Sign in to follow this