Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

subscriber? ticket cancelled? post here! (MERGED)

Well if they are really friends and it's not going to be a surprise you can tell them to use their cards and after they'll have the money back

Edited by monica martino

I have a quick question about the limits. I plan oAn getting 2 presale tickets for Belfast, but I am hoping for 4 of us to go. The tickets for the other 3 will be gifts so I won't be able to ask them to book tickets themselves.

If I book 2 tickets in the presale and 2 on general release, is that a violation and 2 will be cancelled?

I want to get GA which adds the extra complication of being paperless, meaning I can't even get a family member to purchase the other 2 on a different card at a different address because that person will need to be there to scan their card on entry.

I hate the whole paperless system, I know it's not just U2 doing it, and I get what it's trying to achieve but I think it can be really limiting when it comes to purchasing tickets as gifts!

Can anyone answer David_Gibson above please??

I have a quick question about the limits. I plan oAn getting 2 presale tickets for Belfast, but I am hoping for 4 of us to go. The tickets for the other 3 will be gifts so I won't be able to ask them to book tickets themselves.

If I book 2 tickets in the presale and 2 on general release, is that a violation and 2 will be cancelled?

I want to get GA which adds the extra complication of being paperless, meaning I can't even get a family member to purchase the other 2 on a different card at a different address because that person will need to be there to scan their card on entry.

I hate the whole paperless system, I know it's not just U2 doing it, and I get what it's trying to achieve but I think it can be really limiting when it comes to purchasing tickets as gifts!

The answer is I don't know.  I do know that some people lost their tickets like that on the US leg.  If it were me and I got tickets in the presale, I would not risk using the same card for the general sale.  I would let one person know and see if they would use their card and then pay them back.  Letting one person in on the surprise would be far more worth it than losing possibly 4 tickets for all of the friends.

The answer is I don't know.  I do know that some people lost their tickets like that on the US leg.  If it were me and I got tickets in the presale, I would not risk using the same card for the general sale.  I would let one person know and see if they would use their card and then pay them back.  Letting one person in on the surprise would be far more worth it than losing possibly 4 tickets for all of the friends.

Thanks guys for the quick response, yeah I think I'll just have to go with telling one person. It's a bit of a bummer having to, again one of the reasons I hate paperless, but needs must.

Plan is to hopefully get the 4 of us going again, the 4 of us all went to Croke Park back on the Vertigo tour for our first U2 gig, then I was out of the country for the 360 tour so this is the first chance we've had for all 4 of us to go together again!

I cannot use m'y tickets because tonight show in Stockholm is postponed ansd I cannot stay in Stockholm utiliser Wednesday

Any possibility to exchange my inusable tickets agains Antwerp show tickets ?

My disabled tickets were cancelled by the promoter for Dublin 2. Had to argue with box office to get 2 tickets anywhere after travelling a long distance. Got two seated had to pay for a second time, they wouldn't let me talk to a manager. I was physically drained by the end and couldn't see most of the concert as everyone was standing. My worst experience ever, not U2's fault as my I've always had a great time at their concerts.

Edited by amenkc1

My disabled tickets were cancelled by the promoter for Dublin 2. Had to argue with box office to get 2 tickets anywhere after travelling a long distance. Got two seated had to pay for a second time, they wouldn't let me talk to a manager. I was physically drained by the end and couldn't see most of the concert as everyone was standing. My worst experience ever, not U2's fault as my I've always had a great time at their concerts.

sorry to hear about this... can you send me a PM with more details? thanks

The Box office staff were an absolute disgrace last night.

I had alot of hassle even trying to get in the door to collect my seated tickets ,there was an old couple on the door and they were blocking people going in,asking them 100 questions and treating people like dirt.

Disgraceful behaviour ,the old geezer was lucky I didnt wallop him the way he was talking to me.

Whats the logic of opening the box office at 6.30 too ,pure nonsense leaving it so late.

Edited by Fano

Sign in to follow this