Sign in to follow this  
anakin1814

SCREWED OVER

I truly feel screwed over by U2 and Ticketmaster and their "TM+" scam today. 30 minutes after tickets went on sale, they were sold out, and starting to show up as part of the TM+ for as little as 3x the original price (FOR NOSEBLEEDS NEAR THE BACK!!!) up to $5000 a ticket. What a joke. Sleeping with the enemy. Completely disgusted by this today. The ONLY way to get decent tickets is if you send the extra $$ for the fan club. What a joke. I think the 360 tour will be my last U2 show....which is sad. This would have been show 12. I hope all the corporate fat cats who don't know the knew album and are only there to hear Pride make a really engaging show for you.

I joined the fan club just for the presale and didn't get any GAs. It was ridiculous. Also, I don't get how TM can say in the ticket fine print that "ticket may not be resold for an amount in excess of the face value of the ticket without the written consent of the issuer" and then on their Ticketmaster Plus page, "resale prices often exceed face value"!

Don't give up though. I'm holding out hope that nearer to the date there will be more tickets released..

Edited by papagena

I joined the fan club just for the presale and didn't get any GAs. It was ridiculous. Also, I don't get how TM can say in the ticket fine print that "ticket may not be resold for an amount in excess of the face value of the ticket without the written consent of the issuer" and then on their Ticketmaster Plus page, "resale prices often exceed face value"!

Don't give up though. I'm holding out hope that nearer to the date there will be more tickets released..

I guess I feel like if more are released, it will just be the same fiasco as today. I messed around for almost an hour at work today to get those tickets. I can't afford to keep doing that. If they open more shows, don't you think the same thing will happen again? So disgusted by this. I don't even want to listen to their music right now.

This whole TM+ resale thing is definitely not right. I mean, it's great that Ticketmaster have been introducing all these measures to stop scalpers - some measures are making life very difficult for fans, like the credit card entry thing, but at least they're trying. Scalping ruins tours for fans. But then they go and run what is basically a site that facilitates scalping.

I guess the truth is staring us in the face - the only reason why Ticketmaster hates scalpers is because they see all those profits that THEY could have pocketed... so they invented TM+ to get that revenue redirected into their own bank account (TM+ sellers apparently have to give Ticketmaster a cut).

So eBay Craigslist Stubhub or any other marketplace is allowed to post ticket resale but TM is not? That makes sense, not.

Edited by finz_89

Anakin, I feel the same as you.  June 28 & 29 shows have now been added and it will be the same disgusting thing all over again.  I just knew more shows would be added and maybe if they had listed all 4 shows from the start people would have had a better chance of getting something.  The TM+ is disgusting, so is Stub hub.  Craigslist and ebay are just modern day versions of people putting an add in the paper in dinosaur days.

Sign in to follow this