Sign in to follow this  
travelergirl30

Ticketmaster's Transfer Ticket Option?

I bought some nosebleed seats (first row in a 300 section) for the first night in Chicago. Now that new nights are going to be on sale, I'd like to sell those (at face-value of course!) and aim for GA for the new nights. I guess I'm wondering if anyone knows if it's possible to sell tickets, and how, without risking being penalized or losing my other tickets. I'm not a scalper and don't want to be. I just want to try for a night with a floor option and can't afford both nights. I noticed in my Ticketmaster account that it offers a "free transfer" option to someone else, but when I click on it, it doesn't lead anywhere. Insights? Thoughts? I can't get through when I call Ticketmaster, though I'll keep trying. 

The transfer option is not available at this time (and may not be turned on for these shows) but you can list them for resale directly on TM.  At this time this is the only apparent option for confidently selling/buying in a 2ndary market. If you list them at face value (+fees) you may get someone to buy them, though maybe not until the 2nd set of shows sell out.  Even if you list them for face value, TM may add an additional charge. (i.e. the buyer pays the premium, not the seller).

Since they're hard (reserved) tix, you could also list them on Ebay--shouldn't be a problem at face value + fees.  And there will also be threads here for fans to sell tickets at face to each other, etc.

Sign in to follow this