Sign in to follow this  
passenger789

C'mon U2, new shows & no new pre-sale allocation for subscribers?!?!

I'm really not a complaining type, but with 2 more shows added in my city Montreal, being a paid member has NOT given me another chance to use my previously used pre-sale code for these new shows..... a total of 2 pre-sale tickets allowed for 4 shows?!?! That's a half ticket per show  :( (yes I'm being sarcastic)... C'mon U2 Guys, you can do better than that?!?!  

What do other members think, c'mon people, Viva la Revolutionne!! ;)

I'm really not a complaining type, but with 2 more shows added in my city Montreal, being a paid member has NOT given me another chance to use my previously used pre-sale code for these new shows..... a total of 2 pre-sale tickets allowed for 4 shows?!?! That's a half ticket per show  :( (yes I'm being sarcastic)... C'mon U2 Guys, you can do better than that?!?!  

There are still people who haven't used their pre-sale code yet.... They should be able to get to go first...

There are still people who haven't used their pre-sale code yet.... They should be able to get to go first...

That's fine, give us a new code to use that works on day 2. ;-)

I agree.  

All subscribers should have a chance! There is room for everyone! These are arenas!   :)

Edited by manon amos

I'm really not a complaining type, but with 2 more shows added in my city Montreal, being a paid member has NOT given me another chance to use my previously used pre-sale code for these new shows..... a total of 2 pre-sale tickets allowed for 4 shows?!?! That's a half ticket per show :( (yes I'm being sarcastic)... C'mon U2 Guys, you can do better than that?!?!

^^ agree.

As much as I'd love to get another code for this leg, I'd like others to be able to have a chance to get the tickets they want as well.

I'm really not a complaining type, but with 2 more shows added in my city Montreal, being a paid member has NOT given me another chance to use my previously used pre-sale code for these new shows..... a total of 2 pre-sale tickets allowed for 4 shows?!?! That's a half ticket per show :( (yes I'm being sarcastic)... C'mon U2 Guys, you can do better than that?!?!

^^ agree.

As much as I'd love to get another code for this leg, I'd like others to be able to have a chance to get the tickets they want as well.

Both can be done...there are enough tickets!  :)

That's fine, give us a new code to use that works on day 2. ;-)

Ditto Jeffwalsh :)

Every subscriber in MTL had a chance to get there pre-sale tix last week, beleive me if they did'nt use their pre-sale codes yet they just were'nt that interested in using them at the time, the Evenko pre-sale went without a hitch, I don,t think anyone that wanted pre-sale tix for MTL missed out if they tried last Thursday or Friday that went till Saturday Noon.

Like I said, I'm not a complaining type, but for Vertigo we got a chance to 2 pre-sale tix for each of 2 shows, not a TOTAL of 2 tix for 2 shows, let alone the NOW 4 shows with only 2 tix total... oh yeah, and 360 was 4 pre-sale tix per show, but I digress as having 160,000 tix available is a whole different ballgame :)

Edited by passenger789

What is up with these presales?  The Propoganda members should get first shot at every presale and now it does not even matter.  Being a member of Propoganda goes back to before the Popmart tour.  That's two decades.  Now someone who joined last week or a few days ago so they could get in on the presale should get tickets?  Let them be in line as they joined.  The longest standing members of the fan club are being lumped in with those who joined within the past ten months or two years or whatever it is.  I'm sorry if you joined and did not get seats but we are talking people who have been faithful to this band and paid to be members of the fan club for two decades being lumped in with those who have joined since the last tour.  It is irritating that we did not get four seats period.  Now this?   I love U2.  I used to love this site.  I think the moderators are great but alienating your longest standing fan base is not right.

Propoganda members should get first shot at presales and should get another code for more tickets.  I think we all should have gotten four tickets but it is what it is.  They are asking $300 for seats and they null and void Propoganda.  The presale was a mess.  They add new shows and nothing.  Propoganda members and those who closely followed them have paid a lot of money to be a member of this fan club and it's being completely ignored.  They are alienating the longest standing fan base and it's wrong.

Yes, the above is a complaint but I think it's a legitimate complaint and most Propoganda members seem to agree although I cannot speak for any of them, nor can I speak for them collectively but I've seen similar sentiments all over this site.  Two tickets?  Everyone should have gotten four tickets; even those who joined recently.  The presale should have been staggered according to when you joined-not just two groups.  This is very, very irritating.

Edited by Manohlive

^^ agree.

Both can be done...there are enough tickets!  :)

Ditto :)

A 3rd pre-sale window after the innocence group would be nice to give everyone a chance for a couple more tickets (but clearly won't happen).

The forums should have "Like" buttons like FB so we don't have to keep "quoting" just to "like"  :P ... sorry, off subject, but had to post loll 

Being a member of Propoganda goes back to before the Popmart tour.  That's two decades.  Now someone who joined last week or a few days ago so they could get in on the presale should get tickets?  Let them be in line as they joined.  

I understand your point, but if you want to get technical about this:  "...Let them be in line as they joined.  ... , the fan with the fastest computer and the ticket site that did not crash determined who got tickets, not how long they have been fans and have paid membership fees.

The annoying bit to me is that tomorrow is the member pre-sale, which is fine, let some more fans get tickets... but then the next day are fan club bundles, which I believe is just people who still aren't u2.com members are able to get tickets early by joining u2.com at the same time as they see the seats they will get. So, try for GA, if you get them, sure I'll join u2.com?! And if you don't get great seats, you don't have to even join...

Now, if you aren't even interested in U2, and see what tickets are going for online... why wouldn't you try this just to flip them?! Especially for MSG, which will give you paper tickets.

I don't mind lining up behind fans who were shut out for more tickets, but the fan club bundles are a bit messed up.

Edited by jeffwalsh

Especially for MSG, which will give you paper tickets.

Not sure if you're in MTL Jeff, but just as an fyi, my 8 general sale tix are paper, mailed to my home adress... I think in MTL it was only GA floors that were paperless (I got 2 GA floors from pre-sale & these are paperless), so here in MTL I'm sure there are/will be a gazillion scalper tickets out there.... 

Edited by passenger789

Not sure if you're in MTL Jeff, but just as an fyi, my 8 general sale tix are paper, mailed to my home adress... I think in MTL it was only GA floors that were paperless (I got 2 GA floors from pre-sale & these are paperless), so here in MTL I'm sure there are/will be a gazillion scalper tickets out there.... 

Hi passenger789, have you ever had your prior tix mailed to you by UPS 2-day service?  Or know anyone who has?  I am wondering when they are mailed out?  2 days since date of purchase or____?  I have not received mine yet and I paid for UPS 2 day service.  Any thoughts are ideas?  I already emailed Ticketmaster.  My confirmation email did not provide the UPS tracking #!!!  I am going crazy here.  Any input?  Thanks.

I agree. 2 more shows added in Montreal. I have 4 members in my family. Do we all have to join U2.com to get tickets? I guess we'll flip a coin to see who gets to go. Or. Maybe U2 management will come to their senses and allow U2.com members to buy more than just two tickets.

Hi passenger789, have you ever had your prior tix mailed to you by UPS 2-day service?  Or know anyone who has?  I am wondering when they are mailed out?  2 days since date of purchase or____?  I have not received mine yet and I paid for UPS 2 day service.  Any thoughts are ideas?  I already emailed Ticketmaster.  My confirmation email did not provide the UPS tracking #!!!  I am going crazy here.  Any input?  Thanks.

I don't think the speed of delivery you choose affects how quickly they will be printed/shipped. That has always been on its own timeframe. So, whenever the ticket would normally get printed, you'll get it two days later. But whenever they print it is still up to them...

I don't think the speed of delivery you choose affects how quickly they will be printed/shipped. That has always been on its own timeframe. So, whenever the ticket would normally get printed, you'll get it two days later. But whenever they print it is still up to them...

It's been my experience that they tend to send tickets out closer to the show for really popular tours.  Of course there are exceptions but the 2 day service seems a bit of a rip-off when it's two days after everyone else get their tickets sent to them.

What is up with these presales?  The Propoganda members should get first shot at every presale and now it does not even matter.  Being a member of Propoganda goes back to before the Popmart tour.  That's two decades.  Now someone who joined last week or a few days ago so they could get in on the presale should get tickets?  Let them be in line as they joined.  The longest standing members of the fan club are being lumped in with those who joined within the past ten months or two years or whatever it is.  I'm sorry if you joined and did not get seats but we are talking people who have been faithful to this band and paid to be members of the fan club for two decades being lumped in with those who have joined since the last tour.  It is irritating that we did not get four seats period.  Now this?   I love U2.  I used to love this site.  I think the moderators are great but alienating your longest standing fan base is not right.

Propoganda members should get first shot at presales and should get another code for more tickets.  I think we all should have gotten four tickets but it is what it is.  They are asking $300 for seats and they null and void Propoganda.  The presale was a mess.  They add new shows and nothing.  Propoganda members and those who closely followed them have paid a lot of money to be a member of this fan club and it's being completely ignored.  They are alienating the longest standing fan base and it's wrong.

I wish I had taken time to calm down before I posted my feelings about all of this.  Lesson learned.  Take a deep breath.....     Sorry.  I'm not the jerk I sound like above.   I feel how I feel but how I expressed this leaves a lot to be desired.

Well I am not buying from scalpers...it is my decision. Scalpers are the ones making these pre-sales nightmarish! I hate them!  :angry:

Edited by manon amos

I wish I had taken time to calm down before I posted my feelings about all of this.  Lesson learned.  Take a deep breath.....     Sorry.  I'm not the jerk I sound like above.   I feel how I feel but how I expressed this leaves a lot to be desired.

Lolll... don't worry about it Manoh, a little venting now & then does a person good!! .... is'nt that what most of the World Wide Web is all about?!?!  :lol: .. p.s. , your right about this whole pre-sale sucking the Big One for Propoganda veterans.....  

Edited by passenger789

Yes, the above is a complaint but I think it's a legitimate complaint and most Propoganda members seem to agree although I cannot speak for any of them, nor can I speak for them collectively but I've seen similar sentiments all over this site.

Former propaganda members have the same category as members who joined prior to 9/9/2014... eXPERIENCED.  Not complaining just saying.  dISSAPPOINTED

Sign in to follow this