Sign in to follow this  
passenger789

C'mon U2, new shows & no new pre-sale allocation for subscribers?!?!

Especially for MSG, which will give you paper tickets.

Not sure if you're in MTL Jeff, but just as an fyi, my 8 general sale tix are paper, mailed to my home adress... I think in MTL it was only GA floors that were paperless (I got 2 GA floors from pre-sale & these are paperless), so here in MTL I'm sure there are/will be a gazillion scalper tickets out there.... 

Hi passenger789, have you ever had your prior tix mailed to you by UPS 2-day service?  Or know anyone who has?  I am wondering when they are mailed out?  2 days since date of purchase or____?  I have not received mine yet and I paid for UPS 2 day service.  Any thoughts are ideas?  I already emailed Ticketmaster.  My confirmation email did not provide the UPS tracking #!!!  I am going crazy here.  Any input?  Thanks.

Hi Chris, sorry for the delay, was away from the computer for a few hrs.

You're in NY right?? Did you buy tix for MTL??

Here in MTL Canada, the seller Evenko (our home grown version of Ticketmaster, & owned by the same CO as the Canadiens hockey team & the Bell Ctr. where they play & where the concerts are) sends the tix via regular Canada Post mail, usually a few days after the sale & we get them anywhere from 7-8 days/2 weeks after buying them, if my memory banks are'nt failling me :) ... I could'nt tell you about UPS service in NY.... when we check out at purchase online, we can chose delivery via "regular mail" or "pick-up at box-office".. .hope you get yours soon, but I would'nt loose sleep over it, the shows are still 6 months away, as long as you have your email receipts you should be fine  :)

Edited by passenger789

Or. Maybe U2 management will come to their senses and allow U2.com members to buy more than just two tickets.

Unfortunately Platts, don't count on it :( presales start tomorrow & no new developments on that end... sucks the Big One...

Edited by passenger789

I agree. 2 more shows added in Montreal. I have 4 members in my family. Do we all have to join U2.com to get tickets? I guess we'll flip a coin to see who gets to go. Or. Maybe U2 management will come to their senses and allow U2.com members to buy more than just two tickets.

Unfortunately Platts, don't count on it :( presales start tomorrow & no new developments on that end... sucks the Big One...

It does not make sense we could of bought 1 ticket for each show...I do not understand...we always bought 4 tickets...now 2 tickets that's it...I am so sad...

Edited by manon amos

I agree. 2 more shows added in Montreal. I have 4 members in my family. Do we all have to join U2.com to get tickets? I guess we'll flip a coin to see who gets to go. Or. Maybe U2 management will come to their senses and allow U2.com members to buy more than just two tickets.

It does not make sense we could of bought 1 ticket for each show...I do not understand...we always bought 4 tickets...now 2 tickets that's it...I am so sad...I'm not sure what I will do...leave the tickets there and forget the membership for 2015 and on...

I don't understand there reasoning either Manon.. maybe one day they'll explain it .. maybe it has to do with these shows & this tour being VERY regional, no 2nd markets, so maybe they want the most tix avail possible for the most small towns/rural crowds in alll areas.... no Philly, Pittsburgh, New Jersey etc etc shows.. then again I could be wrong, it's been known to happen :P

Edited by passenger789

1 code for 2 shows...why?

Now it's 1 code for 4 SHOWS Manon :(  ...and that 1 code gives you 2 tix TOTAL .... mega :(

I am reconsidering being a U2 fan...completely...2 days and 1 day from my birthday...my favorite band in the whole world will be playing and I do not have a shot at good tickets...sucks lemons!

You don't have tix Manon??

I was gonna add in my other post that at least you can get general sale, just have to work at it the morning of General sale, that's how I got 8 other tix (but took me 2 hrs) Monday morning via the reg. Evenko web site/sale.... 4 tix in one spot, 2 in another & 2 in a third spot... but did not get my 1st 2-3 choices that morning, took what i could get..

I have tickets for the June 12 and June 13 shows, but no shot at the June 16 and 17 shows...Red Zones sell out at pre-sale...

Now it's 1 code for 4 SHOWS Manon :(  ...and that 1 code gives you 2 tix TOTAL .... mega :(

I am reconsidering being a U2 fan...completely...2 days and 1 day from my birthday...my favorite band in the whole world will be playing and I do not have a shot at good tickets...sucks lemons!

You don't have tix Manon??

I was gonna add in my other post that at least you can get general sale, just have to work at it the morning of General sale, that's how I got 8 other tix (but took me 2 hrs) Monday morning via the reg. Evenko web site/sale.... 4 tix in one spot, 2 in another & 2 in a third spot... but did not get my 1st 2-3 choices that morning, took what i could get..

At least anywhere in Bell Ctr is decent & the stage is center/in the round.... it won't be like 360 where unless you were close to the claw everything else was pretty far... Anyhoot, remember that a show at Bell Ctr. with a center stage is really not that bad..... I've been to close to two hundred arena shows over the last 37-38 years and center tsage ones are really decent... Going off-line, maybe talk in the days to come , hang in there, you'll live hihi 

I have tickets for the June 12 and June 13 shows, but no shot at the June 16 and 17 shows...Red Zones sell out at pre-sale...

Why no shot?? You want Red Zone for one of the shows?? Red Zone sells out at pre-sale?? I would have never guessed that!! I guess your too rich for my blood lolll... you got GA's at least one night?? if so that's still pretty decent....damn this forum where you can't chat/see as easily as you're writng like FB hihi... Later Dudette. going off line for real now :)

Believe me I will live, but not sure about U2's way of treating their fans at all...1 code...2 tickets...scalpers will divide and they will buy hundreds...what is going on?

Life in the Big City I guess....  still think it's the "regional tour, no 2nd markets" thing.... U2 have been a mainstream/corporate band forever now, so the "keeping our original fans happy" thing is 'kinda outdated I guess ... just saying... 

It is decent for 2 shows...I know...I was happy as of yesterday and then...new codes needed...easily done for scalpers...

Scalpers pose as new members and they get new codes...not us...

I agree.... but....

Just thought of something else too, those 300$ tix are NOT selling that well (too many sections are 300$) so maybe they figure scalpers will want them/get stuck with a lot of them, so why give more pre-sale chances to reg. fans when scalpers will grab the most expensive tix that most reg. fans don't buy... who knows... one of those Corporate Dark Plans :P

Edited by passenger789

I think U2 fans exist outside the fan club and they just want to give everyone a chance to see the show. I was in Propaganda but dont expect any preferential treatment.

I agree.... but....

Just thought of something else too, those 300$ tix are NOT selling that well (too many sections are 300$) so maybe they figure scalpers will want them/get stuck with a lot of them, so why give more pre-sale chances to reg. fans when scalpers will grab the most expensive tix that most reg. fans don't buy... who knows... one of those Corporate Dark Plans :P

I think that is a bit too far-fetched. Most shows are nearly sold out, so I'm not sure how that constitutes not selling that well. Only for U2 does not selling out in minutes/hours mean there is little demand. Most concerts fill up slow over long periods of time....

If we do not get to use our pre-sale codes I will talk the talk walk the walk.

But didn't you already use your presale code the first time around?! I understand wanting more, since I'm in the same boat... but it is hard to say fans aren't able to even use presale if you're a fan who was able to use it already... no?

I agree.... but....

I think that is a bit too far-fetched. Most shows are nearly sold out, so I'm not sure how that constitutes not selling that well. Only for U2 does not selling out in minutes/hours mean there is little demand. Most concerts fill up slow over long periods of time....

Yeah I know it's far-fetched Jeff :)  I was just flappin' my gums & letting my imagination get carried away with conspiracy theories  loll ... besides, even if scalpers get codes they too can only buy 2 tix max, they get 95% of their tix via general sale and non-scalpers selling to them.

Your right about the shows filling up over time... but the amount of 300$ tix available is questionnable, I for one was very surprised that 2 tiers of 4 in the Bell Ctr. are @ 300 bucks.... the mega marketing hype will get into very high gear a few weeks before the shows I'm sure   

Smaller venues, less people can fit in. So to leave some tickets available for general public, they must limit the number of tickets we as subscribers get.

I would've wantes 4 presale tix too, but ot is what it is I'm sure in 2016 when they do stadiuma, we'll get more.

It is decent for 2 shows...I know...I was happy as of yesterday and then...new codes needed...easily done for scalpers...

Scalpers pose as new members and they get new codes...not us...

I'm with you Manon. Like I said. I have 4 members of my family. I introduced my two sons to U2. They are now fans and musicians. We all went to Boston. Of course,then we were allowed 4 tickets. I get it.two tickets for two shows. But c'mon two more shows and no new codes. I am rethinking my U2.com membership. There is no way I will have 4 people from the same house to all become U2.com members. It's not right

We could have 4 tickets before...why 2 now? If I can not get tickets in pre-sales starting today scalpers are going to have a very hard time!

You're preaching to the choir. I am half a block away from a 15 minute subway ride that puts me under Madison Square Garden... so I want as many as possible, heh. ;-)

The presale offer can't possibly account for every possible family scenario. It would be impossible to cover all the possible family combinations that exist among the world of people who want to attend U2 concerts.  Additionally, they were likely hoping to pull in a lot of new fans because they just offered their newest album for free, which ultimately led to allowing only 2 tickets for presale instead of 4 to allow a larger number of subscribers (both old and new) to have a shot at tickets.  They have to be welcoming to new fans, because it's not all about us dinosours who have been listening since the 70s.  Any band that wants to survive in the world of music today has to continue trying to pull in new fans, not just cater to their oldest fans.  I don't have a problem with a fan who just discovered them in September. I'm happy that they share a love for the same band that I enjoy. 

This presale is not that different from other artists, I know ACDC's fan club only allows 2 tickets in presale, also.  I'm sure there are many others who, if they even offer a presale, only offer 2 to each person.  And also, It doesn't really matter what they did last time, because times change and circumstances change, things need to be flexible to allow for contingencies.

If someone already has at least 2 tickets for any show right now, they should just chill out. There are a lot of people here who still haven't gotten their first tickets yet and you're all saying you need more.  How about let everyone who paid for the privilege have the ability to have the same shot at tickets that you did before you start demanding more. It's time to stop the mentality that you're somehow more important than the U2 fan next to you.  We're all equal in this because we share a love for the band and their music.  At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

The other issue is that you'd be setting people up for failure. It is hard enough to get any GA tickets, but do you really want people to think they will be able to get 4?! I'm guessing this family isn't looking to spend $1200 on lower bowl... So, all you'd be doing is selling more lottery tickets, which only results in more people losing out.

The presale offer can't possibly account for every possible family scenario. It would be impossible to cover all the possible family combinations that exist among the world of people who want to attend U2 concerts.  Additionally, they were likely hoping to pull in a lot of new fans because they just offered their newest album for free, which ultimately led to allowing only 2 tickets for presale instead of 4 to allow a larger number of subscribers (both old and new) to have a shot at tickets.  They have to be welcoming to new fans, because it's not all about us dinosours who have been listening since the 70s.  Any band that wants to survive in the world of music today has to continue trying to pull in new fans, not just cater to their oldest fans.  I don't have a problem with a fan who just discovered them in September. I'm happy that they share a love for the same band that I enjoy. 

This presale is not that different from other artists, I know ACDC's fan club only allows 2 tickets in presale, also.  I'm sure there are many others who, if they even offer a presale, only offer 2 to each person.  And also, It doesn't really matter what they did last time, because times change and circumstances change, things need to be flexible to allow for contingencies.

If someone already has at least 2 tickets for any show right now, they should just chill out. There are a lot of people here who still haven't gotten their first tickets yet and you're all saying you need more.  How about let everyone who paid for the privilege have the ability to have the same shot at tickets that you did before you start demanding more. It's time to stop the mentality that you're somehow more important than the U2 fan next to you.  We're all equal in this because we share a love for the band and their music.  At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

Don't tell people what they can see or do...that is a lack of respect and manners...

Who needs someone who owns "the truth"!

When you love a group...you want more...that is human nature...with 4 shows in arenas, stadiums, etc. everyone has a shot. 

Edited by manon amos

Sign in to follow this