Sign in to follow this  
passenger789

C'mon U2, new shows & no new pre-sale allocation for subscribers?!?!

Why doesn't the pre sale code become inactive after using it once? Seems it can be re-entered all the time.

Could be a glitch or just incompatibility between the various sites selling tickets (e.g. Europe). My Berlin code got used up right away, but for some reason folks to Stockholm could use their codes to buy a pair of ticketa to both shows.

Even if you're able to use codes to get more tickets than allowed, I'd strongly advise not to... would'nt want your ticketa to get cancelled, wouls you?

My Berlin code got used up right away, but for some reason folks to Stockholm could use their codes to buy a pair of ticketa to both shows. Even if you're able to use codes to get more tickets than allowed, I'd strongly advise not to... would'nt want your ticketa to get cancelled, wouls you?

Yeah, bigwave already has a thread warning people not to do this. Just because your order goes through doesn't mean your tickets won't be canceled for exceeding the limit on a future date.

Why doesn't the pre sale code become inactive after using it once? Seems it can be re-entered all the time.

Could be a glitch or just incompatibility between the various sites selling tickets (e.g. Europe). My Berlin code got used up right away, but for some reason folks to Stockholm could use their codes to buy a pair of ticketa to both shows.

Even if you're able to use codes to get more tickets than allowed, I'd strongly advise not to... would'nt want your ticketa to get cancelled, wouls you?

No I wouldn't take the risk, but it's clear reading all the forums it was possible to do so

im not going to get more than two tickets myself, my kids can get their own

It's simple, the band want as many subscribers as possible to be able to get up to 2 tickets in the pre-sale.

Regardless of how many shows they add in one year, venting on here about how unfair life is won't change anything.

If you want 4 tickets, either try during the general sale, or try on the secondary market.

There's no point going on about what other bands do, and how we used to get tickets for all the shows in America when we were young during the Zoo TV, PopMart, Elevation tours, those days are gone.

Ing

The presale offer can't possibly account for every possible family scenario. It would be impossible to cover all the possible family combinations that exist among the world of people who want to attend U2 concerts.  Additionally, they were likely hoping to pull in a lot of new fans because they just offered their newest album for free, which ultimately led to allowing only 2 tickets for presale instead of 4 to allow a larger number of subscribers (both old and new) to have a shot at tickets.  They have to be welcoming to new fans, because it's not all about us dinosours who have been listening since the 70s.  Any band that wants to survive in the world of music today has to continue trying to pull in new fans, not just cater to their oldest fans.  I don't have a problem with a fan who just discovered them in September. I'm happy that they share a love for the same band that I enjoy. 

This presale is not that different from other artists, I know ACDC's fan club only allows 2 tickets in presale, also.  I'm sure there are many others who, if they even offer a presale, only offer 2 to each person.  And also, It doesn't really matter what they did last time, because times change and circumstances change, things need to be flexible to allow for contingencies.

If someone already has at least 2 tickets for any show right now, they should just chill out. There are a lot of people here who still haven't gotten their first tickets yet and you're all saying you need more.  How about let everyone who paid for the privilege have the ability to have the same shot at tickets that you did before you start demanding more. It's time to stop the mentality that you're somehow more important than the U2 fan next to you.  We're all equal in this because we share a love for the band and their music.  At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

Don't tell people what they can see or do...that is a lack of respect and manners...

Who needs someone who owns "the truth"!

When you love a group...you want more...that is human nature...with 4 shows in arenas, stadiums, etc. everyone has a shot.

The presale offer can't possibly account for every possible family scenario. It would be impossible to cover all the possible family combinations that exist among the world of people who want to attend U2 concerts.  Additionally, they were likely hoping to pull in a lot of new fans because they just offered their newest album for free, which ultimately led to allowing only 2 tickets for presale instead of 4 to allow a larger number of subscribers (both old and new) to have a shot at tickets.  They have to be welcoming to new fans, because it's not all about us dinosours who have been listening since the 70s.  Any band that wants to survive in the world of music today has to continue trying to pull in new fans, not just cater to their oldest fans.  I don't have a problem with a fan who just discovered them in September. I'm happy that they share a love for the same band that I enjoy. 

This presale is not that different from other artists, I know ACDC's fan club only allows 2 tickets in presale, also.  I'm sure there are many others who, if they even offer a presale, only offer 2 to each person.  And also, It doesn't really matter what they did last time, because times change and circumstances change, things need to be flexible to allow for contingencies.

If someone already has at least 2 tickets for any show right now, they should just chill out. There are a lot of people here who still haven't gotten their first tickets yet and you're all saying you need more.  How about let everyone who paid for the privilege have the ability to have the same shot at tickets that you did before you start demanding more. It's time to stop the mentality that you're somehow more important than the U2 fan next to you.  We're all equal in this because we share a love for the band and their music.  At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

I don't see anyone" Demanding" tickets. It is merely a suggestion. If there were only two shows in Montreal then I would take my tickets and be happy. But there are now two more shows. I have four fans. As for "new" fans. They are getting an opportunity to buy tickets. They just have to join U2.com. You make it sound like we are these greedy,inconsiderate children having a tantrum. We are not. We are fans like you who would like to see their favorite band.

The other issue is that you'd be setting people up for failure. It is hard enough to get any GA tickets, but do you really want people to think they will be able to get 4?! I'm guessing this family isn't looking to spend $1200 on lower bowl... So, all you'd be doing is selling more lottery tickets, which only results in more people losing out.

this family is prepared to spend the money! Like I said it is our favorite band!! When you LOVE the band like we 4 do. Then you go to see them at any cost. We were not suggesting four tickets for the same show. But rather four tickets over four shows!!

Sign in to follow this