Sign in to follow this  
kwaite

Which hotel?

I live 2 blocks from the UC.  It's definitely a changing neighborhood, but if you've spent time in other major cities, you will be fine. It's like any other city in that you should always be aware of your surroundings, but my best advice would be to take the bus.  You can be downtown in minutes after the show.  They line up outside and then fill up to the max one at a time and depart.  Uber surcharges will be high and cabs are not plentiful.  Have fun!

Ditto all advice about taking the bus out of UC.  They have seemingly a whole fleet of them loading and departing constantly.  They've been doing it after Bulls and Blackhawks games and other concerts for years, so they have it down to a science.  Actually, the time it takes to evacuate UC is surprisingly fast compared to other cities we've been to.  Take a bus to the loop, and hook up with other transport there.  It's never been a problem for us in terms of safety.  Another side note, U2 fans in Chicago always seem to be even more courteous than in other cities.  Chicago is fun town to see the band.

Chicago Marriott Medical District.  A bit pricey, but .9 mi from United Center, approx. a 17 min. walk.

A freind reccomended "The Ohio House" as a place to stay. Looks pretty cool with the retro elements, but thought I would check in here before I booked, if anyone knows about the place or have had good or bad experiences there???

Thanks!

Rebecca

Thanks for all these tips on buses and getting out!  If one were to do parking and then leave to drive to their hotel (probably a distance from the city), how soon do the parking lots open and how difficult is it to get out after the concert?  I mean, does traffic stall for some time or is it fairly easy to get out and on the road?

Sign in to follow this