Sign in to follow this  
cincy mike

Is the Pre-Sale code "use it or lose it"?

The US leg of the tour currently doesn't provide me an affordable opportuntity to see a concert in 2015.

Since I may not use my code for this leg of the tour, can I "bank it" for 2016, if/when they make the return trip to the US?

From the FAQ:

Q - If I don't use my pre-sale ticketing access code in presales for shows announced on December 3rd, will the code still be valid for use if/when other dates are announced - such as the Dublin shows, details of which are still to be revealed ?

A - Yes. Your un-used pre-sale ticketing access code will be valid to use if further shows are announced.

Think you can use it for more 2015 shows but by the time they sell tickets to stadium shows in 2016 we will be into a new subscription year and you should then get s new code. Doubt the original codes will still show on your sccount by thrn.

Think you can use it for more 2015 shows but by the time they sell tickets to stadium shows in 2016 we will be into a new subscription year and you should then get s new code. Doubt the original codes will still show on your sccount by thrn.

Does anyone have a confirmed answer to this question? I'm in the same boat with others that travel to shows this leg is questionable, and the fact that they are making it harder to sell / transfer GA tickets if needed also makes things more difficult. 

The referenced Q&A does not really answer whether the code would still work in 2016 / future unannounced legs.

(Although I do remember having two unused presale codes available after re-subscribing during the 360 tour)

Unused codes can be saved for any future shows

Hi Bajagirl--sounds good.  So, just to be clear:

1)  Unused codes would be good not only for the not-yet-announced 2015 Dublin shows, but also for shows on the next (2016) leg?

But--and this is also very important:

2)  Say you've got unused codes for 2015, and then renew for next subscription year.  Would you then end up with (for 2016 presales) your old codes PLUS your new codes??  If not, you'd effectively be losing the old codes, right?  And--if you do end up with both old AND new codes (totalling, say, 2 + 2 = 4), which would be great, I'm guessing you could NOT use all 4 for a single 2016 show (if, say, the presale limit for 2016 shows is also 2).  Rather, one would need to, say, use the old codes for one show and the new codes for a different show--?

Edited by mike7man

1)  Unused codes would be good not only for the not-yet-announced 2015 Dublin shows, but also for shows on the next (2016) leg?

This is a good point. It looks like the answer to this question on the U2 help page now actually reads:

Q - If I don't use my presale ticketing access code in presales for shows announced on December 3rd, will the code still be valid for use if/when other 2015 dates are announced - such as the Dublin shows, details of which are still to be revealed ?

A - Yes. Your un-used presale ticketing access code will be valid to use in further shows announced for 2015. (underline added)

So, does this potentially mean the current code it would not extend over to a 2016 leg?

Also, this Q/A may only be in reference to 2015 shows (and may change by a 2016 leg), but as far as new codes for subscription renewal goes:

Q - New presales have been announced, if I renew my subscription early, will I get a new pre-sale code?

A – No, once a code has been assigned to a subscriber, and that code is used, no new code will be issued no matter how many times you renew.

Mods: If they could be added, follow up Q/A's on the Help page would be useful in sorting these ambiguities out, particularly for those trying to decide if waiting to use their codes would be the best approach for them.

Jerry 51 has some good points.  Namely, as the current U2 FAQ page reads, our current presale codes might only be good for not-yet-announced 2015 shows (Dublin and anything else).

BUT--Bajagirl clearly says above that unused 2015 (current) codes WOULD ALSO be good for the 2016 leg.  Can you confirm, Bajagirl?

And then there's the other matter I ask about above--namely, if current codes would be good for 2016, then would they "add on" to additional presale codes we'd presumably get once we renew for next year, the 2016 leg is announced, etc.?  If not, then it really is a "use it or lose it" situation (within 2015).  If so, that's great--but as I speculate above, presumably we couldn't use both codes for one 2016 show (?).

And yes, as Jerry 51 says, this is a big deal for decisions whether to keep the codes vs. attempt to use them now (or soon).  Bajagirl??

...if current codes would be good for 2016, then would they "add on" to additional presale codes we'd presumably get once we renew for next year, the 2016 leg is announced, etc.?  If not, then it really is a "use it or lose it" situation (within 2015).  If so, that's great--but as I speculate above, presumably we couldn't use both codes for one 2016 show (?).

This is the clarification I was inquiring about.  I should have been more clear in my question/post.

Driving me crazy that I'm probably going to miss the first leg of the tour.

Unused codes can be saved up, IF new codes are issued, then you would have 2 codes to use

Yay!!!  Thanks, Bajagirl!!

Unused codes can be saved up, IF new codes are issued, then you would have 2 codes to use

Thank you, Baja!

Sign in to follow this