Sign in to follow this  
Mark-in-pock

Any more venues for UK?

Anyone have any idea? I'm surprised nothing has been announced for a venue in the north of England or Wales. My fingers are crossed for the North!

I'm very surprised Manchester has been missed.   Manchester Arena is the largest in the UK after the O2 London.  U2 generally visit Manchester.   I remember on the Elevation tour when U2 played 4 x nights in London and 2 x nights in Glasgow as same as next year.  But on the Elevation tour they also played 2 x nights in both Manchester and Birmingham.

Personally i think Liverpool Echo Arena would be a fitting venue.  U2 are well known Beatles fans, and to my knowledge i can't remember in the last 30 years when U2 played Liverpool.   Quite a large Irish connection in Liverpool also.  Liverpool would be awesome and wild.

I'd say almost certainly not for this leg, but perhaps if the tour returns in 2016. Although of course we were expecting more UK dates on the last European leg of 360...

Either Liverpool or Manchester would be fantastic. I thought Leeds might have had a look-in, the new Leeds Arena is an excellent venue.

Yes Leeds have a brand new indoor venue.   U2 have played Leeds many times in the 80's and 90's.  Leeds would work.  

Not heard anything about UK shows in 2016?

So besides the possibility of say Man city's ground in 2016, where else in the North West could they play?

Living right in the middle of the country surprised they missed out the likes of Manchester etc .

But being a Glasgow boy there only one place to see them outside Dublin and that's glasow be well worth the trip up

In the North West there is only Man City and Old Trafford cricket stadium that offer concerts.

Forgot about old Trafford even though I'm going next year!

Looks like there is a gap for 2 x dates after the final London show.

Got to be Manchester Arena or Birmingham NEC

Either Liverpool or Manchester would be fantastic. I thought Leeds might have had a look-in, the new Leeds Arena is an excellent venue.

I thought Leeds may have been on the tour too- especially handy as I live in Leeds

Does seem odd that they didn't announce extra nights in London given that they appeared to sell out as fast as other locations. Although they have always said they felt they would lose their edge if they played too many nights in succession in one location. I know they are now doing six in NY but perhaps the demand there was significantly higher than London so the financial argument was irresistible.

Oh, and I did hear a strong rumour for Sunderland's Stadium of Light in 2016.

gets my vote :) (not heard any rumour but would be a good choice)

Oh, and I did hear a strong rumour for Sunderland's Stadium of Light in 2016.

gets my vote :) (not heard any rumour but would be a good choice)

How comes Sunderland gets your vote Bigwave?

Much as I would love a couple of dates at Leeds Arena as it would be my local venue I cant see it happening. The way the stage is set up on the seating plan for the o2 would not fit effectively into the Leeds arena space given that it is a totally different shape. I would love to be proven wrong as its a fantastic venue.

Yeah Leeds is shaped like a theatre rather than a normal arena. 

Stadiums in 2016 I think will definitely include Manchester at the Etihad this time. I would like tot think Sunderland too but can't see it.

On the 360 tour they only came to the UK once and that was a handful of nights each at Wembley, Cardiff, Sheffield and Glasgow, so on that evidence given that they would technically be visiting the UK twice this tour I doubt the stadium leg will be extensive.

Looking at arena layout for the other arenas then Leeds and Liverpool arenas just wouldnt suit ... they are more like half size arenas ... Manchester would work ... I also think there is very little demand for U2 in the UK right now ... its really not cool to like U2 ... extra dates were added all around the world except the UK ... says it all to me

TBF it hasn't been "cool" to like U2 in the UK for the past 20 years, nevertheless they always play to huge audiences when they do tour here.

In terms of coverage though the UK is a small country and there are 6 nights been played here (London and Glasgow) I would say that shows reasonable demand considering the prices.

Agreed though it is very hard to find positive comment or article about U2 here, it's been that way ever since Bono became very political during the HTDAAB era. Which was a shame because ATYCLB had been the most positive the media had been to U2 since Achtung Baby.

Sign in to follow this