Sign in to follow this  
mike7man

Odd things re "missing" added shows

All the added shows make sense given the sales.  But--other places sold out as well, but aren't getting new shows (or at least they haven't been announced yet).  For example, the 4 London/02 shows sold out maybe even a bit faster than the 4 NYC, but no new shows for them yet (e.g., .  Likewise, Toronto sold out--but no new ones; these could be July 2/3.  Likewise, despite selling out, no new Italy shows, no Antwerp, no Koln, no Glasgow--all of which have "room" in the schedule either before or after the originally scheduled shows.  I wonder what to make of this?

Maybe the venues are all booked already. For example, if they were to add two more London shows, they'd have to be on Nov 3rd and Nov 4th. But The O2 is already booled for the 4th.

I think the rumoured london ones were 2/3 so it wouldnt clash with the 4th

If they move somewhere else it would be manchester as thats the only other 20,000 arena. Birmingham is 14,000

But every two shows are separated by 2 days off, even in cities with 4 shows.

Right--so new 02 dates on Nov. 2/3 would work fine w/that.

Right--so new 02 dates on Nov. 2/3 would work fine w/that.
You're right, sorry.... I forgot that October has 31 day. That's a bit embarassing....

I think it would be 2 x shows at Manchester Arena.   Manchester Arena can hold 18'000 and is the biggest outside of London.  

Fingers crossed they go for manchester. They would sell out those 2 gigs easy aswell where as another two in london does leave a question mark

Edited by chriswba

Shows sold out of regular tickets, packages still available

Well yes, but that's not the point.  Packages are still available for basically all dates--but some that (otherwise) sold out (e.g., Chicago, NYC) got extra dates, whereas others (e.g., London/02) did not--??

I think it's very unlikely they'll start adding new venues as that introduces another set of transport and set up costs. Makes much more sense to add in a couple more nights in London where everything is set up ready to go.

during the morning of the o2 pre-sale, axs had this put up at the top of the page

'U2 Fan Club Presale 25 - 26, 29 - 30 Oct, 2 - 3 Nov'

an hour or so in to the pre-sale, the 2-3 Nov bit got removed. make of that what you will

during the morning of the o2 pre-sale, axs had this put up at the top of the page

'U2 Fan Club Presale 25 - 26, 29 - 30 Oct, 2 - 3 Nov'

an hour or so in to the pre-sale, the 2-3 Nov bit got removed. make of that what you will

Wow.  That could be a serious clue.  And geez, they did sell out their shows faster (or at least as fast) as NYC, for heaven's sake.

Sign in to follow this