Sign in to follow this  
Anici_2

New shows and no access to pre-sale?! Boooo!

So I had a pre-sale code...which by the way haaardly worked because the first group got the majority of the good venues' GAs (and please don't say they were split fairly cos they were not!)...then out of shear panic I bought some random tickets to random cities..and now you're telling us that there are more shows to concerts that I was first aiming for but I can't use my code? How awful!!! Yes, yes, you may say that at least I have some tickets but they're not the ones that i was waiting and fighting for for years.... I wish I could believe that there are GAs left for the general sale but as it proved in the first general sale there were hardly any AND they were snatched up by scalpers who found ways around the ticketless issue (even I know what to do and I'm not into making big bucks out of ticket re-sale!) and who could either type way faster than I and many more fans could those random phrases to stop bot programs (which I doubt that actually did anything to stop them but they slowed us down when a matter of a second does count to get the ticket.

And then let's not mention the price of the tickets. You really are hurting the fans. Yes, there are fans who can afford it, there are fans who have saved up...but there are loads of fans who can't afford one ticket..or maybe somewhere waaaaaay up high where they can barely see the band and those "VIPs" who can afford the the $300 - $595 tickets closer to the stage are not necessarily real fans just people who can go and listen to a concert on a random night, drink away half the night and remember a questionable part of the night....

Why are you doing this? 

I am one of the person's that do not drink at concerts and pay 400$ to be close to the stage and give to RED....I could buy VIP and get the so so tickets in the stands...why would I...the seats are not that good.

I can not participate in the pre-sales either because I have used my code for 2 tickets. I am not happy for myself and a lot of fans.  I know that the majority of tickets are not going to be in the fans' hands, but in the scalpers hands later today.  But Anici_2 this has to change and it is up to us now. If we do not get to use our pre-sale code let's talk the talk walk the walk.

Edited by manon amos

I will be trying to get on the general sale so that at least 1-2 tickets that I can afford don't get in the hands of scalpers... But that won't stop them, I may not even get anywhere close on the general sale because of them, like last time, and the band, who incidentally got this big and rich because of us, the fans (yes, yes, of course...and their indisputable talent) is not helping us much...

And manon Amos, that is great that you're supporting red... That's different. I was talking about those expensive seats that are taking up all the "interesting" / close to stage seats areas on lower levels that most fans can't afford and some random people from some corporate office ends up getting as a bonus...

Guys they told us all of this before the first presale. The code would only be valid once, for 2 tickets. I don't see why we should be able to use our codes over and over again. These new shows are for the people who missed out. If they kept letting the same people into every show then people would keep missing out. The whole point of putting on extra dates is so OTHER people, DIFFERENT people can get to see U2 as well. So we should not be entitled to anything, in my opinion.

So I had a pre-sale code...which by the way haaardly worked because the first group got the majority of the good venues' GAs (and please don't say they were split fairly cos they were not!)...

I wish I could believe that there are GAs left for the general sale but as it proved in the first general sale there were hardly any AND they were snatched up by scalpers.

And then let's not mention the price of the tickets. You really are hurting the fans.

How do we know what the split was for GAs across different presales?! And, if experience did get more, well... they were the paying members who could have been paying for years on end for u2.com memberships. I know, personally, I paid to be a u2.com member in 2012, 2013, and 2014, and never got to see a concert in any of those years, so there is $120. So, I think it is valid to give all existing members access to more tickets ahead of people who only joined when a new album was released and a tour was rumored.

I got a GA for NYC in the general sale. Again, not sure we know how many were sold, to whom, and what they are doing with them...

U2's prices are as reasonable as one could expect. Lower ticket prices do not reward more fans, they bring out more scalpers. If you lower the amount of money scalpers have to invest, you get more of them, since they can double or triple their money, whereas a $300 is unlikely to triple unless it is very close to the stage. You do need to look at other tours to see how fair U2 is. For the Rolling Stones, the GA area near the stage was $1600 if I recall properly, and at least $500 to be on the floor, and this was with an end stage. Compared to many other top acts, U2 is actually cheaper. Bette Midler sold out Madison Square Garden in June with many of the tickets costing $350, including $1250 meet and greet tickets, $500+ VIP tickets. For one of the biggest bands in the world, they could certainly charge more and still sell out venues, but they don't. The cheapest tickets at a U2 show are often the best ones surrounding the stage, and you'd have to look pretty hard to find another band that does that.

Edited by jeffwalsh

Guys they told us all of this before the first presale. The code would only be valid once, for 2 tickets. I don't see why we should be able to use our codes over and over again. These new shows are for the people who missed out. If they kept letting the same people into every show then people would keep missing out. The whole point of putting on extra dates is so OTHER people, DIFFERENT people can get to see U2 as well. So we should not be entitled to anything, in my opinion.

I only used up my code in "panic" for concerts in other city (Phoenix) which I hope I can make it to... It wasn't my choice as it's way too far, it's expensive to get there.... So yes, now I'm stuck with those tickets and can't try my luck to a city that is closer to me... THAT is my problem. I understand that the new shows are supposed to be for those who didn't get any tickets. Now I wish I hadn't used up my code...

I only used up my code in "panic" for concerts in other city (Phoenix) which I hope I can make it to... It wasn't my choice as it's way too far, it's expensive to get there.... So yes, now I'm stuck with those tickets and can't try my luck to a city that is closer to me... THAT is my problem. I understand that the new shows are supposed to be for those who didn't get any tickets. Now I wish I hadn't used up my code...

It's not like they added new cities.... You were't careful enough yourself.

Sign in to follow this