Sign in to follow this  
PanosSoldatos

New wife's membership "merged" into mine!

OK...here's a strange and very sad situation

I've been a long subscriber here (experienced user as they like to call us) and I used my pre-sale code to buy two tickets for the Berlin show (24 of September)
I missed the open sale for the 25th cos I was at work..anyway

Since I couldn't use my pre-sale code again , I asked my wife to become a member here too

She created her own account , used her name , her email  and paid with her credit card...the only common between me and and her is (obviously) the same home address...

BUT...the site merged her account to mine...

and now I have my username (panaso) with her name , her email address and God know what else...and of course I didn't get another pre-sale code..

Of course , both me and her used the "help" service and sent an email but still we didn't get any response and I'm afraid we won\t get one before the pre-sale ends...

this is furstrating...all we wanted was to attend one more show as a couple..we even paid for an extra membership and now we are gonna be left out?

what the hell went wrong?was it the same IP?

Edited by PanosSoldatos

that means that I reserved the whole block of appartmens here?

that's insane...

the guys who lives right next door to me has the exact same street address...that goes for the lady on the 3d floor..same street address , different name.

the weird thing is that U2.com merged her details and her account to mine....they didn\t even create a new profile/account...

Edited by PanosSoldatos

Use a different browser and clear all cookies. Use browser 1 for your accessing of u2.com and have wife use browser 2 for hers. It's a technical/cookie glitch where it still remembers your login name from your previous session.

I was amused by the "New wife's" thing :) Was going to say congrats!!

Edited by nemesis

Use a different browser and clear all cookies. Use browser 1 for your accessing of u2.com and have wife use browser 2 for hers. It's a technical/cookie glitch where it still remembers your login name from your previous session.

I was amused by the "New wife's" thing :) Was going to say congrats!!

lol on the "new wife's" thing....hahahhahah... :P

anyway,,,, I did that...clear cookies etc

but I'm afraid it\s too late now...

when I login into my account , I have my username and the personal details are my wife's name , her email address , same street address(abviously)  but I still have my pre-sale code...

quite confusing , but that\s what it is....two accounts merged...her details were "transplanted" into mine

I tried to reset her pass using her username and the system send an email to her mail account in order to create a new pass with my username....that crazy...

I should have used a different pc or used "Private window" on firefox but It wasn't my intention to cheat or something....

Edited by PanosSoldatos

Okay, so, she may have accidentally updates your details cause she used the same browser and the cookie logged her straight in? Just change the details for your account back to your details after logging in with your account and then do the separate thing in a "clean" browser session for her account+details?

The way this site does session management is a bit weird.

first of all , thanx for your time , messing with my trouble...

really thanks..:)

I just changed my personal details back to "normal" so that my name is no longer "Elena"  and

the stupid system seems to have renewed my subscription , replacing my name , email etc with my wife's details..

Me , I renewed my subscription at the 16th of November and at my "order history" I have two orders...

16th of November and 9 of December....

Unt323itled_zpsf806926e.jpg

It took my wife's new subscription as a renew of mine and changed my personal details to her....there\s no "her" account...this is gross...this is worse than I thought...

I  contacted a mod here with a hope he could help...:(:(

Oh yeah, so it really seems to have gone through on your account :-/ That really sucks... Somehow it must have thought you were still logged in when you did it.

Can't help you then mate, sorry. Hopefully a mod will pick it up and get it all sorted before presales tomorrow.

Sign in to follow this