Sign in to follow this  
ru55beck

Old Timers in the Innocence Pre-Sale

As a member of U2.com for many, many years (at least 10) - I let my PAID membership lapse this year and am now in the Innocence group - WTF guys?  Does loyalty count for nothing?

I go way back to that yellow sheet we got for U2 POPMART and Propaganda. However, I've learn over the past couple of tours that you kind of have to guess that if you THINK U2 is going to tour in the next year or so, renew the membership. I've let it lapse post Vertigo and 360, but I renewed last year, thinking they might tour this year...

Personally, they should probably do it like Pearl Jam. Lower the cost slightly (like $25-$30) and have an auto-renew option that's default is ON.

Edited by krisvott

I agree with updating if you think they are touring - BUT - U2.com knows your original sign up date - once you renew you should still end up in the appropriate group - that's what they did on Vertigo.

Edited by ru55beck

I agree with updating if you think they are touring - BUT - U2.com knows your original sign up date - once you renew you should still end up in the appropriate group - that's what they did on Vertigo.

exactly!

I guess the only positive thing is that perhaps most of the Experience group used their codes already.  Last week I wasn't able to get anything at MSG below nosebleed level and the cost was OUTRAGEOUS for such crappy seats.

Set a note on your calendar or on your phone or something to check back the week that you're supposed to renew on a yearly basis and you'll never forget again.  What good is modern technology if you're not using it?

Set a note on your calendar or on your phone or something to check back the week that you're supposed to renew on a yearly basis and you'll never forget again.  What good is modern technology if you're not using it?

There are lots of ways - I guess my point here is that the U2.com guys should have worked a bit harder for us old time fans who used to buy tickets the old fashioned way - line up outside the venue - On Joshua Tree tour I was lucky to see them a few times in and around Ct.  Those were the days you could buy a ticket right before the show.  Selling out venues pre-internet was much harder to do.

I am dating myself but I remember lining up overnight outside of a video rental store in queens ny to get tickets for the Joshua tree tour through ticketmaster lol

Set a note on your calendar or on your phone or something to check back the week that you're supposed to renew on a yearly basis and you'll never forget again. What good is modern technology if you're not using it?

They send reminder emails too.

I think it's fair to reward those that don't let their subscriptions expire. Otherwise what's gonna stop people from paying subscription once every 5 years when U2 goes on tour?

That said, shit sometimes happens and they could put up a policy to allow one month grace period after expiry to give time to get the seniority reinstated.

Set a note on your calendar or on your phone or something to check back the week that you're supposed to renew on a yearly basis and you'll never forget again. What good is modern technology if you're not using it?

I think it's fair to reward those that don't let their subscriptions expire. Otherwise what's gonna stop people from paying subscription once every 5 years when U2 goes on tour?

That said, shit sometimes happens and they could put up a policy to allow one month grace period after expiry to give time to get the seniority reinstated.

Sound post. I dig it. I am lucky mine expires around my birthday so I remember without the email though.

I always have gotten a reminder email as well.  Unfortunately too many people abuse the system.  I didn't even realize I'd get in on presales when I joined but that was before the Popmart tour.  I wanted that Propoganda booklet.  It was before the internet and U2 had cool graphics way back when as well.
'

I am dating myself but I remember lining up overnight outside of a video rental store in queens ny to get tickets for the Joshua tree tour through ticketmaster lol

I did that too in Preston UK slept on the street in the cold in '86 to get tickets to Wembley Stadium for the Joshua Tree tour. Back then the internet wasnt invented =0)

Edited by joshthetree

That's the way it should be

If you really want to see your favourite band thencamping out overnight was the way to go

This sitting in front of your PC or phone, buying tickets is what's killing music

Back in the day we never had touts/ scalpers because

1. They were too lazy to get out of bed to queue

2. Ticket sales were limited and once you got your allowance it was to the back of the queue you went

The only negative experience I got from queueing up was someone always had a ghetto blaster and it played whatever band you were queueing for all night

By the time the box office opened you were sick listening to them

Veteran of the Glasgow Apollo, Virgin Megastore in Union Street, SECC

Happy days

That's the way it should be

If you really want to see your favourite band thencamping out overnight was the way to go

This sitting in front of your PC or phone, buying tickets is what's killing music

No, it's not killing the music.

This sitting in front of your PC or phone, buying tickets is what's killing music

Back in the day we never had touts/ scalpers

Yuck! No thanks...

Also, we already have paid line sitters in NYC: http://wecanwait4u.com

And there have always been scalpers. You just couldn't see them selling better tickets than you scored an hour later.

How long you need to be a membership to get "experience" group?

If I am a member for 8 years, dont renew for 1 years, and back to renew in the next year, will I be "experience" group?

Usually, if you're expired for any length of time (certainly 1 year would do it), then as far as I know one is simply considered a new member upon later renewal.  That said, by the next tour (or maybe even when 2016 dates are announced), "new" folks will become "old" (i.e., experience) folks.

I go way back to that yellow sheet we got for U2 POPMART and Propaganda. However, I've learn over the past couple of tours that you kind of have to guess that if you THINK U2 is going to tour in the next year or so, renew the membership. I've let it lapse post Vertigo and 360, but I renewed last year, thinking they might tour this year...

Personally, they should probably do it like Pearl Jam. Lower the cost slightly (like $25-$30) and have an auto-renew option that's default is ON.

Perhaps I am mistaken.  Are you saying that you purposely did not renew your subscription and now renewed because you thought they might be touring?  If so, why should you go back to the front of the line?  If not, pardon my mistake.  I've been a member since Propoganda and paid every year.  If I heard someone purposely let their membership lapse and then rejoined when they felt it was time to see them again; I would be very irritated.  If you purposely do not subscribe then you should go to the end of the line just like everybody else.  Again, if I am mistaken my apologies.  If not, I think you sound rather ridiculous.  You cannot just join because you think they might tour and expect to go to the front of the line just because they might tour and it's advantageous to rejoin because you will get a code.   Again, if mistaken, I apologize.

How long you need to be a membership to get "experience" group?

If I am a member for 8 years, dont renew for 1 years, and back to renew in the next year, will I be "experience" group?

from the FAQ:

Q - Do I have to be a U2.com Subscriber to participate in the U2.com Tour Ticket presale?

A - Yes, this pre-sale is only for Subscribers of U2.com who have purchased a Subscription. Subscribe here. If you have an existing account, but it has expired, Upgrade here. Or, if you are a paid up subscriber but wish to renew your subscription now, renew here.

Q - When is the latest I can join U2.com to be involved in the Internet ticket pre-sale?

A - Anyone who is a current Subscriber to U2.com can participate when ticket pre-sales take place but those who have been Subscribers longest get the earliest opportunity to enter the pre-sale. 'Experience Subscribers' have access starting on the morning of Day 1 of the pre-sale, 'Innocence Subscribers' have access from the morning of Day 2 of the pre-sale. The pre-sale for each concert closes at Noon / Midday on Day 3. The public ticket sale will start after Day 3 of the pre-sale. The exact times for access are made available on the tour page of U2.com.

Q - How do I know what pre-sale priority group I am?

A - There are two groups of subscribers taking part in the pre-sale and the email you receive with your pre-sale code indicates which group you are in.

Our 'EXPERIENCE' group of longtime subscribers (those who were current, paid-up subscribers on 09/09/2014 12:00:00 PST) have access from the first day of the pre-sale. Your unique pre-sale access code will have a prefix of U215A...

Our 'INNOCENCE' group, who joined as new subscribers or upgraded an expired account after the release of the latest album in September 9, 2014 12:00:00 PST, enter early on the second day. Your unique pre-sale access code will have a prefix of U215B...

Only after this does a public onsale begin. (You may also find which priority group you are in displayed on the Account Info page when logged in.) Please Note: We do not change your subscription category. No exceptions will be made.

Sign in to follow this