Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

The Dream Subscribers Gig

I have my metal membership card on my nightstand ready to go!  I let my membership lapse during a time of unemployment =(

Lets talk "dream" set list....i'll start...

Tomorrow

I have my metal membership card on my nightstand ready to go!  I let my membership lapse during a time of unemployment =(

Tomorrow

Promenade into Indian Summer Sky

Tomorrow

Promenade into Indian Summer Sky

Love those as well!

Yes, I've the keyring too,or had, even though it says I registered in 2009, it was like 2003 or '04, pre Vertigo, just around the time 'Electrical Storm' came out. Must have caused a short circuit in the database(lost all my posts from then too!). That said....

How can you do this fairly?

Do it in Dublin, its not fair to the majority of Americans/ Australians etc etc, do it in NYC/LA, its not fair to the the European fraternity that subscribes on here, or the Australians again - do it in Australia, and the world will implode... ;) ..... cause lets face it - most of the subscribers on here will have other commitments I guess whereby they cannot shell out ££££'s or $$$$$'s to go see the band, bar a few, in some place that involves international flights.

Love the concept though.

Do you select a venue, release invitations to all first - check confirmations - compare to your subscriber database - will it work and do you open up a live internet/on line live stream to all subscribers regardless of whether they can attend 'in the flesh' or not? Sounds viable.

The Croke Park suggestions are just nuts in my opinion due to the geographical spread of subscribers I would think - it would be a more intimate thing - don't you think?, akind to a BBC 'live lounge' experience, whereby you could have a small live audience and the band retains the environment to deliver a loud, powerful live sound that they are renowned for.

I think most subscribers would get a buzz from being the exclusive viewers of a streamed gig like that, and those that could afford to be there, all well and good.

Thoughts?

Yes, I've the keyring too,or had, even though it says I registered in 2009, it was like 2003 or '04, pre Vertigo, just around the time 'Electrical Storm' came out. Must have caused a short circuit in the database(lost all my posts from then too!). That said....

How can you do this fairly?

Do it in Dublin, its not fair to the majority of Americans/ Australians etc etc, do it in NYC/LA, its not fair to the the European fraternity that subscribes on here, or the Australians again - do it in Australia, and the world will implode... ;) ..... cause lets face it - most of the subscribers on here will have other commitments I guess whereby they cannot shell out ££££'s or $$$$$'s to go see the band, bar a few, in some place that involves international flights.

Love the concept though.

Do you select a venue, release invitations to all first - check confirmations - compare to your subscriber database - will it work and do you open up a live internet/on line live stream to all subscribers regardless of whether they can attend 'in the flesh' or not? Sounds viable.

The Croke Park suggestions are just nuts in my opinion due to the geographical spread of subscribers I would think - it would be a more intimate thing - don't you think?, akind to a BBC 'live lounge' experience, whereby you could have a small live audience and the band retains the environment to deliver a loud, powerful live sound that they are renowned for.

I think most subscribers would get a buzz from being the exclusive viewers of a streamed gig like that, and those that could afford to be there, all well and good.

Thoughts?

I think you're right, I think something like this would only ever really be open to the better off, of course you would get those who were lucky enough to be local, but there is no way a good portion of subscribers would be able to even consider attending and for those that could, the location wouldn't necessarily be an issue.

So I think you're onto a winner with the live lounge type idea, let the Zootops who can afford it go, but please give us a live stream, maybe even to a few cinemas to give us mere mortals the chance to get together and soak up some of the atmosphere and a DVD of course :)

I think it would be a fantastic gesture if it gets of the ground

I would certainle jump at the chance of having a ticket

Small club, intimate, scatter cushions on stage

Sorted

Maybe it's too much to ask, but I'd say (I think a few others have floated this) one show in Europe (probably Dublin or London), one in the US.  Then travel wouldn't automatically basically be prohibitive for close to half of their fans (as it would be with just one gig).

They revamed the website around the time NLOTH was released and before 360 Tour was announced, so everyome had to transfer their accounts to the new site, so all old posts were lost, as was our original join dates. That's why there's no one whose accounta show join date that's before late Feb 2009.

Right.  Me too--I originally joined before the Elevation tour.

A free gig in a small venue would be amazing! But how many U2.com members are there? It must be thousands and thousands. I'd think a lottery would be necessary. And it would be so disappointing to lose especially if the show was happening nearby.

If it was on here only (as in the forum) you'd probably get the fans that really want to go and hear the songs that they could only hope for,,, how many subber's would sell a ticket on outside of here,,, quite a few i suspect given half a chance.

I think it would be a fantastic gesture if it gets of the ground

I would certainle jump at the chance of having a ticket

Small club, intimate, scatter cushions on stage

Sorted

Love the specificity of this. No cushions, no dice. If I can't see Adam Clayton reclining on a pouffe, then what even is the point anymore?

:D

If it were anywhere in the US, I'd be there in a heartbeat....unless it's like the same time as my daughter's ballet performance, which will be Mother's Day weekend in May, so try not to schedule it then.  ;)

Anything extra U2 would do for their fans would be great.  If I got chosen, but couldn't attend, I would hope I could pass my chance onto another subscriber.  I'd be happy if I could just get tickets to Fallon's tonight show if they get to reschedule their week long appearance they had to cancel after Bono was injured. 

Mike the scatter cushions were for me to sit on

Perhaps you all share, that way you can give Bono a nudge in the ribs if he misses a cue ;)

With his run of luck lately anything could happen couldn't it!

Might need those cushions for protection

Great idea! But I'm going to have to add the 'clayton recline' to this. Cushions for all!

Edited by MikeTighe

Sign in to follow this