Sign in to follow this  
paulheyworth50

Live DVD release in 2015?

Which city do you think deserves to be chosen for filming the next live dvd?  North America always get's a shout.   Personally i would live to see a UK venue for a change.  London O2 is an impressive arena and would look great on the big screen.

Although, should U2 want to release a dvd for next Christmas, then it will probably come from one of the North American shows.  The European leg is in the fall/autumn and probably doesn't allow enough time to master a live release.

nah they've had Boston, Chicago, Mexico City, Sydney, London's time has come...

and let's face it, it's a better city than all those other places anyway :) BooYah!

If the concert is going to be two different shows in each city, it would be really cool if they recorded both nights and made a two disc set!

I'd also love -- sorry for going slightly off-topic -- to see U23D get a Blu-ray 3D release.  I've got a 3DTV and would love to relive that over and over (and over and over) again!

If the concert is going to be two different shows in each city, it would be really cool if they recorded both nights and made a two disc set!

I'd also love -- sorry for going slightly off-topic -- to see U23D get a Blu-ray 3D release.  I've got a 3DTV and would love to relive that over and over (and over and over) again!

Both nights - great suggestion.

Maybe a single DVD for the fans who don't want to dish out too much cash for a deluxe two-night set.

Or a bonus DVD of just those songs performed on only one of the nights (though I'd much prefer two complete shows.)

I'd also love -- sorry for going slightly off-topic -- to see U23D get a Blu-ray 3D release. I've got a 3DTV and would love to relive that over and over (and over and over) again!

Yes, double-DVD makes aense this time around.

And yes, U23D should be finally released. It's such a great film. Home 3D has matured enough in the last years that it provides quite good expwrience at home.

They really have to release an Italian or South American show.

They've done Milan already for the U218 DVD

D'oh! Yes, I forgot about that one.

It's probably just going to be whichever show the band thought was their best

I do not think that is logistically possible or am I in the dark of some new technology?  It takes a lot to film a dvd.  I hope this time that the camera stays put on one shot for more than 3-5 seconds.

The band will decide beforehand which show will be put in DVD (hopefully thia tour will have more than 1 DVD). While they have cameras at every show and they're beimg recoded, for a DVD you need planty more for crowd shots, crane shots, far away shots, etc

It's probably just going to be whichever show the band thought was their best

I do not think that is logistically possible or am I in the dark of some new technology?  It takes a lot to film a dvd.  I hope this time that the camera stays put on one shot for more than 3-5 seconds.

I hear you.  I don't like rapid cuts all the time either.

They really have to release an Italian or South American show.

They've done Milan already for the U218 DVD

D'oh! Yes, I forgot about that one.

U2 3D was Buenos Aires and São Paulo. And I think Santiago.

For this tour, I bet it's Montreal. From what I've heard, the crowd was fantastic on the last tour and I cant think why else they'd get 4 shows instead of Toronto.

I think they may go for a city that has four or more shows. If they do indeed release two shows to give the full experience, then they'll have the opportunity to get the lighting and camera angles etc right on the 1st few nights.

I would love to have it filmed in Toronto but New York seems like the more obvious choice. 7 Nights at Madison Square Garden. Something has got to be up.

Would be cool to get U2 4K and a concert film going from Arenas to Stadiums - which in a way also plays off the idea of Innocence and Experience. That's what I'd do anyway.

Hey peterferris, long time no see! (my fault, was elsewhere for a while)

I think they'll go for some show on the 2nd leg so that the setlist is more defined and they know their stage better. So Amsterdam, Barcelona are my bets

Hey peterferris, long time no see! (my fault, was elsewhere for a while)

I think they'll go for some show on the 2nd leg so that the setlist is more defined and they know their stage better. So Amsterdam, Barcelona are my bets

Im more than ok with Amsterdam :P

If U2 wish release a live dvd in time for next Christmas, then i doubt it will be London, or any other European show.

Most probably a North American date.

New York seems likely as they will have plenty of nights to pick and choose which filming was best.

Well, if they do release anything from the 2015 shows, you'd expect it would be from Paris, as the shows were all filmed for the HBO special. So there was extra cameras, & much of the editing has already been done (though they may want to make changes from the HBO special).

A double pack of the last Paris show on December 7: CD + DVD. That would be great.

Sign in to follow this