Sign in to follow this  
rsoxwin

Disappointed my daughter were taken back for the Boston just so wrong don't buy a membership if you

Don't let anyone in your house by a membership or use your credit card they will take that persons tickets back, just so wrong very disallusioned about this whole Boston deal.

I see this is your first post.  Lots of people have been having problems like this--PM Bigwave (one of the mods) with your details--there's a good chance he can help!  Don't give up yet!

Edited by mike7man

PM us the details of the transaction, please...

See, there you go--the mightly Max (one of the other wonderfully helpful mods) to the (we hope) rescue!

but also reading the restrictions up front would be useful as well. failure to read doesn't make it an emergency on other people part (even though the mods are nice enough to treat it as such).

It definitely does suck and is extremely unfortunate, but these rules have been posted by ticketmaster and also multiple times on here so if you fail to read them then that's the chance you're going to have to take. I'm not going to deny that it is incredibly frustrating because my husband and I both wanted to get tickets and obviously have the same address/joint account but we made sure we knew what was acceptable and what wasn't before getting tickets. 

I think all these reports of canned tickets is people using more than one code on ONE show.  We have a few codes and use only 1 per show and only 1 CC for all the shows.  you can't get in trouble that way.  If my wife nad I used a code each on CHI 1 then yeah I would expect to get canned, that is 4 tickets to one place.  It's BS, but that is the current rule.  I hope it gets worked out.

Part of this problem was that people who have been down this path before were accustomed to the way things worked for previous tours and had prepared for it. When the rule changed about the ticket limits *and* the different address/credit card at the last minute, people who bought fanclub subscriptions under the rules of old were thrown a loop. *UNLESS* you read the fine print and spent a great deal of time understanding the way this was going to go down, then it's reasonable to believe that this would happen. The band gave less than 48 hours  notice about the presales, and then didn't have a clear announcement as to how it was going to happen - what did they expect? The U2.com FAQ kept getting updated, so what you read hours earlier could have changed - that didn't give the consumer a great deal of time to fully understand the process.

I commend the Zootopia Mods for stepping in and trying to help as many people as possible. This was *not* an ideal rollout for anyone. We just had to weather the storm of information overload and figuring it all out. Heck - there was a period of time where TM didn't have the same info U2.com had, so the right arm wasn't aware of what the left was doing. This also led to TM blaming U2.com instead of taking responsibility for their own action.

I hope this makes you feel a little better and less disillusioned. You weren't the only one this happened to.

Sign in to follow this