Sign in to follow this  
andy scotson

Please no... the support acts you really would rather avoid.

I know there's a thread of support acts people are hoping for. But having had to endure Glasvegas in Cardiff I have to ask what acts people would be delighted not to see.

*lights blue touchpaper and retreats*

Glasvegas definitely, so so bad.

Yip, dreadful. I still wake up at nighs distraught and sweating remembering them.

Snow Patrol were fine, but (using the 360 tour as a starting point) please please please please (!!!) no:

- Muse

- The Fray

- Interpol

Frankly, the weak opening acts for much of that tour made me worry more than anything that the 'boys' were losing touch with what is good in music out there.

Now shall we start a 'please use....' thread?

Another vote for Glasvegas! Worst support act I have seen on the 360 tour :unsure:

Glasvegas was awesome in Dublin!

lol

Glasvegas with the suntan lotion down his pants was just nasty!, liked them before i saw them. Strokes were terrible live as well. 

I'm opened minded with all bands, and i'm always interested to hear new music.   This year i watched Tama Impala support the Arctic Monkeys and they blew me away.  Great to see new themes, that connect with the mood of the crowd and U2.

Basically i don't want to see luke warm, piss poor acts with half a tune.

Anyone remember Fatima Mansions from 1992 Zoo Tv Tour?

Christ!!  

:o

Glasvegas definitely, so so bad.

et tu, Baja?

=P

ok... to be on topic: no Pearl Jam... ever.

I'm opened minded with all bands, and i'm always interested to hear new music.   This year i watched Tama Impala support the Arctic Monkeys and they blew me away.  Great to see new themes, that connect with the mood of the crowd and U2.

Basically i don't want to see luke warm, piss poor acts with half a tune.

Anyone remember Fatima Mansions from 1992 Zoo Tv Tour?

Christ!!  

:o

I saw Tame Impala at Reading and they were dynamite. Kevin Parker really sold it even though he was ill that day. 

In other bands I'd rather not see: U2, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER are you to book The Lumineers or Cold Cave.

I'm planning on staying outside with my drink and my cigarettes until 5 minutes before the boys take the stage... how I long for the good old days when we could smoke in arenas and stadiums... nowadays it's only Adam Clayton and Bono who can get away with it...

and let's face it, over the decades they've had quite a few lemons (Zooropa 93 anyone, PopMart Tour London UK, anyone?)

so I'm not even bothered by the support acts, the only times I've been impressed were on the Vertigo Tour in Paris, Brussels, Barcelona, Milan, and Dublin... and on that tour, which was a stadium tour, I could smoke...

Snow Patrol were fine, but (using the 360 tour as a starting point) please please please please (!!!) no:

- Muse

- The Fray

- Interpol

Frankly, the weak opening acts for much of that tour made me worry more than anything that the 'boys' were losing touch with what is good in music out there.

Now shall we start a 'please use....' thread?

I agree with Muse. If Muse are present, they should not be the opening act. U2 should open for Muse. Muse are MUCH better and they are the  number one band in the world over the last 10 years . I love them so much....

Well, you're welcome to your pro-Muse opinion; needless to say, many (e.g., me) would disagree!

Glasvegas sucked in Dublin in my opinion...but that is music isn't it ? What some love, others dislike and others still hate. I hated their performance.

Interpol.....saw 6 shows on the 360 tour, and that dirge of a shades of grey band opened every damned show except 1....nothing is quite as depressing as a 1/3 full Toronto Skydome with Interpol playing.

Glasvegas sucked in Dublin in my opinion...but that is music isn't it ? What some love, others dislike and others still hate. I hated their performance.

In case of Glasvegas it wasn't just the music that sucked.

Sign in to follow this