Sign in to follow this  
perenelle

Stupid Ticketmaster account question...

OK I'm back with another stupid question, haha! When you go to the Ticketmaster site to buy tix, you have to sign in to your account as soon as you get there, right? And then you just put in your password to pay?

my process for onsale morning has always been to log into my ticketmaster account ahead of time and double check all the info, credit card, mailing, etc... but especially double check that you know the user name and password for your account because if you stumble... you might lose your tickets.

in the purchases i made this week, even when im logged in already, while making the actual purchase, i had to reenter my password to complete the sale.

so, better to be safe and get all your account info right.

The thing to do is this--well before the onsale (or presale) begins, open up a TM window, sign in to TM (w/your email and password).  You'll see your name at the upper right.  Then navigate to the particular show you'll want to buy tix from.  Then refresh that repeatedly as the ticket onsale time approaches--and when it changes to reflect that sales have begun, go for it!  Oh, and what jethronh said (know your TM password, etc.)  BTW, you'll also need your credit card security code to complete the purchase.

Edited by mike7man

If I were you, I'd open a separate window for ticketmastger.com, sign in, then sign in to u2.com in another window so when you click on the link to ticketmaster from u2s site, you will already be logged in.  Like sometimes I log in to a site, close it without signing out, but when i go back, i don't have to re-sign in, I'm already there

OK everybody says a sign-in *name* but to sign in I've been getting my e-mail addy which is saved there even. Is that how you log in?

Hmm, I just went to ticketmaster at work to check for you but my company IT has blocked it... it must've been the Twilight Zone last week when I had access because now I don't!  So sorry I cannot help you.  I hope you get it to work

OK everybody says a sign-in *name* but to sign in I've been getting my e-mail addy which is saved there even. Is that how you log in?

wait, are you typing in your password too?  i think your email and username are the same thing.  Try typing in your email addy in the space where it says username

It just said e-mail and I did log in, so that must be what it is.Thank you, i just wanted to be ABSOLUTELY sure I knew what I was doing Monday! haha

It just said e-mail and I did log in, so that must be what it is.Thank you, i just wanted to be ABSOLUTELY sure I knew what I was doing Monday! haha

For a small fee you can hire a professional.  It may alleviate the stress!.........JK!..Good luck!

Haha, I'm just a newbie on Ticketmaster. I swear I did fine last tour but things were somehow set up differently, I can't remember exactly how I got tix - wound up not being able to use them anyway b/c of that change in the dates, I got the date wrong, just like me to screw things up. I want to be VERY sure of this tour! Thanx everyone!

Sign in to follow this