Sign in to follow this  
irishmonk

Supporting Acts [MERGED]

In all the hoopla of getting tickets, we forgot one thing who are going to be the opening acts. Are there any guesses at who might be these acts.

In all the hoopla of getting tickets, we forgot one thing who are going to be the opening acts. Are there any guesses at who might be these acts.

TV On The Radio, Spoon, War On Drugs, Parquet Courts, Jaguar Ma, Desert Noises

Edited by Cary

Opening act should have been a short acoustic U2 w strings followed by loud rock n roll U2.

TV On The Radio, Spoon, War On Drugs, Parquet Courts, Jaguar Ma, Desert Noises

Kudos, I've been thinking War on Drugs for almost a year now...Timing should be right...Would be awesome, like Interpol last time..here's hoping.

I hope National or Naked and Famous. Matt Beringer would go into the audience if it's the National and make spectators sing along to 'Mr November'. Naked and Famous will just sound brilliant on their whole set.

I'm open to other bands too though.

Edited by Sigma957

Its bound to be good whoever it is, but never as good as the main act haha!

Coming with a new album next year, so maybe Editors (in Europe)?

Supporting acts on U2 Tours are always nice because a lot of those supporting acts, are big big names: Muse, Snow Patrol, Interpol,... 

The War on Drugs would be incredible. Personally, they put out my favorite record of the year for 2014. They are so good live. The National, TV On the Radio, Spoon, The Gaslight Anthem or Arctic Monkeys could be good choices, too.

I also remember The Edge speaking very highly about Cage the Elephant when he went to Coachella. Perhaps he was scouting for potential openers.

Horrors or Civil Twilight would be cool too. Or Arcade Fire again.

Just too many good groups out there.

London Grammar, did a fantastic job supporting Coldplay on a few dates last year.

The Joy Formidable, support for Muse on their last arena tour.

Muse are doing festivals next year so I don't think it will be them. Would be nice to see Elbow or Snow Patrol again though.

I'd kill for Arcade Fire but that's not happening (maybe Montreal?) so I'll go with War on Drugs. Definitely don't want to see Kaiser Chiefs, Snow Patrol. Vampire Weekend would also be pretty awesome!

Given Bono's recent remarks, I would't be surprised when it's Future Islands. And as U2 have very often been able to contract the hottest band around, I keep thinking about Royal Blood.

I hope National or Naked and Famous. Matt Beringer would go into the audience if it's the National and make spectators sing along to 'Mr November'. Naked and Famous will just sound brilliant on their whole set.

The National played the last show of their tour last week, so they're unlikely. 

Given that Edge is a Royal Blood fan I wouldn't be surprised if they popped up. Perhaps The Joy Formidable, HAIM, Band of Skulls...there's a whole list of really good young bands out there right now, U2 should be looking at it.

Supporting acts on U2 Tours are always nice because a lot of those supporting acts, are big big names: Muse, Snow Patrol, Interpol,... 

To be honest, I'm not too keen on a big name support act, I'd rather have a band who are young, relatively unknown, hungry and who could get a real boost from a U2 support slot.

The National played the last show of their tour last week, so they're unlikely. 

Given that Edge is a Royal Blood fan I wouldn't be surprised if they popped up. Perhaps The Joy Formidable, HAIM, Band of Skulls...there's a whole list of really good young bands out there right now, U2 should be looking at it.

Royal Blood is opening up for the Foo Fighters (a much better fit, IMO).

The Joy Formidable would be awesome: Ritzy is a fireball on stage and I think their songs would really come across well in a larger setting.

I'd love to see Metric or Phantogram... But Arcade Fire or Naked and Famous would be great too!

Given Bono's recent remarks, I would't be surprised when it's Future Islands. And as U2 have very often been able to contract the hottest band around, I keep thinking about Royal Blood.

This!  Love Future Islands, going to see them in Philly and can't wait.

The National, Milky Chance, Lykke Li, The War on Drugs would be amazing even Hozier, London Grammar or Kodaline.

Future Islands - does anybody else hear Rod Stewart alternating with Elton John in the song "Waiting on You" 

Future Islands would be cool just to watch the lead singer dance! But, Arcade Fire opening for the Canadian shows would be awesome. A reunited Hall and Oates would be awesome as well, LOL!

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this, but until this thread, I had never heard of Future Islands. Thanks for enlightening me!  :) 

What other bands are U2 fans listening to these days?

Editors would be sick...they didnt come to the states last year/tour, maybe  thats why..

Sign in to follow this