Sign in to follow this  
irishmonk

Supporting Acts [MERGED]

Im still thinking on who I'd like to see open. My tastes are eclectic so Im fairly open, to an extent.

How about...

Hozier

Jack White (tho not sure how open he'd be to the idea of being an opener)

Snow Patrol (yes, i know... But i like them & they're great live)

The Fray (dont hurt me...)

OneRepublic (running away now! )

Adding to my request list...

The Script

I hope it is Royal Blood, the best album in 2014, (sorry but it is), by a long chalk....... seeing them with the Foos at Murrayfield , but would be fantastic to see them indoors as couldnt get a ticket for their latest glasgow gig for love nor money.... If you have not gave them a listen to , you must

I hope it is Royal Blood, the best album in 2014, (sorry but it is), by a long chalk....... seeing them with the Foos at Murrayfield , but would be fantastic to see them indoors as couldnt get a ticket for their latest glasgow gig for love nor money.... If you have not gave them a listen to , you must

They smashed the BRIT awards last night. I was so happy when they won Best British Band. Can't wait to see them at Wembley with Foo Fighters and Iggy Pop! I'd love to see them support U2, but somehow I'm not sure they're the right fit.

I need to check out Royal Blood, I like what I hear so far. They might not be the 'right fit', but more often than not, the openers for when I've seen U2 probably weren't 'right fit' either. Lots of the bands mentioned in the thread are already doing their own tour.

Damn right, you are!!!  No need to apologise at all.  Just bring it on.

No hozer please!!!! :):)

How about the yeah yeah yeah's?????? spice it up...

My Morning Jacket

TV On The Radio

Catfish And The Bottlemen

Embrace

Wild Beasts

Edited by mickoafc

My Morning Jacket

TV On The Radio

Catfish And The Bottlemen

Embrace

Wild Beasts

Catfish and the bottlemen seem to be everywhere lately... but I'lll take any band over George Ezra, Sam Smith and the rest of that mob.

I'm sure this has already been said but U2 should do a Springsteen. no opening act, play for 2.5hrs  B)

Any of these i'd like.. 

Band of Skulls

Royal Blood

Catfish and the Bottleman

Courtney Barnett

Charlatans

Ash

Maybe have 2 or 3 different supports thoughout the leg. 

I'm sure this has already been said but U2 should do a Springsteen. no opening act, play for 2.5hrs  B)

I agree about no opening act. Seems like a fairly realistic possibility too now with the tour just about two months away.

Edited by u22009

Am I the only one who actually WANTS U2 to put their weight behind new, cool, exciting bands? I would actually be very unimpressed if they decided not to show their support for new music by not having any support acts.

Am I the only one who actually WANTS U2 to put their weight behind new, cool, exciting bands? I would actually be very unimpressed if they decided not to show their support for new music by not having any support acts.

You're not alone, Peter.  I'ts U2's duty to support new bands.  What about "the Bohicas"?

You're not alone, Peter.  I'ts U2's duty to support new bands.  What about "the Bohicas"?

I wouldn't say it's their duty, I just think it's nice to see the older bands plugging the new ones.

If it isn't Baby Metal then how about the fantastically wonderful Steel Panther?

Ideal fit with U2 I would say... :)

Residual Kid from Austin (just signed by Seymuor Stein) would be awesome for this tour. It would go with the Innocence vibe. 

Since that is not going to happen I would be more than happy with Savages, Sleater Kinney, Ex Hexx, The National, TV on the Radio, etc.. Just no Fray!!

All I can hope and dream and think of is

JAMES for Germany!

JAMES for Europe!

JAMES for America!

They are so highly energetic and bring joy to any place they perform at!

It would challenge U2 each night not to look old after them (although they are of the same age) - definitely a win-win! ;)

Edited by Ethrillnet

Local/Regional U2 cover band opening. Eliminates the blaring audio recordings.  innocence ---to---> experience.

Sign in to follow this