Sign in to follow this  
perenelle

Madison Square Gardens CCE?

Hello, I had a thread somewhere, can't locate it now, where someone told me that the only place that has paper tix is MSG b/c they don't allow e-tix for GA. But when I had GA's on my screen and was too slow with my info, the only choice I saw was e-tix. Someone said they were CCE, what does that mean? I don't want to be confused on Monday!

Perenelle, no offense, but it'd be nice if you kept track of things a bit better.  As I've already explained (in your other thread), MSG has no CCE at all, so nothing to think about there.  Whatever tickets (including GA) that you may able to get from MSG on Monday, you'll have the option to have them mailed to you (as hard tix) or emailed to you as e-tix that you can print out at home.

Perenelle, no offense, but it'd be nice if you kept track of things a bit better.  As I've already explained (in your other thread), MSG has no CCE at all, so nothing to think about there.  Whatever tickets (including GA) that you may able to get from MSG on Monday, you'll have the option to have them mailed to you (as hard tix) or emailed to you as e-tix that you can print out at home.I am

So sorry, i'm no expert at buying tix. I just wanted to know what CCE meant. Sorry again.

No more questions, that's for sure. I'll ask my friend instead when she's available.

I'm guessing that CCE means credit card entry.

Edited by perenelle

Yes, CCE is the abbreviation for credit card entry--which, at all US venues EXCEPT for MSG, is the only kind of GA tix (i.e., the buyer him/her self has to actually be at the show, and show their credit card used to buy tix to get in).  The thing about CCE tix is that you can't trade them, sell them, give them to other people (except folks going with you), etc., so they really lock you in, if you see what I mean.  Lots of people are aggravated about them because they're a lot less convenient to deal/work with (e.g., people can't give them as presents or whatever; or if you can't make it, pretty much tough luck).

And hey, I don't mean to dissuade you from asking questions!  I just got a little persnickety when I'd already answered your question (where you originally posted it before).  I was asking you to keep track of where you post questions, not to refrain from asking them.  Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh.

I looked and looked and couldn't find the right thread. My fault really for starting so many. S'ok.

And btw, I agree about the e-tix being ridiculous - that's exactly why I'm asking so many questions, I wanted to make sure that I understood what I was buying. I don't want something unexpected to throw me at the last second.

Edited by perenelle

No problem.  You're obviously really psyched about seeing U2, and that's always a pleasure to see!  Will this tour be the first time you've seen them?

OOOOH long story there! I'm 48. I had a ticket IN MY HAND for the Providence Unforgettable Fire concert and b/c i was just a college girl at the time, I was scared to go by myself - everyone I knew was going to Boston. So I sold that ticket and lost out. Then there was the Joshua Tree tour which was a very, very big deal to me. All I wanted really was to meet Bono. I did and never had a ticket to the show, I just had no money for it. Tickets were a LOT harder to come by in those days too. Listened to it from outside like 4 venues. It was in and around the Boston area - I actually met him in Worcester, MA. Both those concerts I regret to this day! I FINALLY got in to see a show in BSG - the Zootopia tour.. I was outside chatting with a guy who said he was supposed to meet a scalper and he hadn't shown up. I, as usual, had no money and no ticket. This guy came out who the guy I was talking to, a native Bosttonian, said was a local DJ who had been supporting U2 from WAY back. He handed us 2 tix - it was about 20 minutes into the show, and also it was on St. Patrick's Day so we missed the pipers who went in and opened the show, which was a disappointment. However, when we went in, the people would just not BUDGE  to let us in to the seats, they were aggressive and nasty. This Boston guy and I actually managed to run into a cop who turned out to be the guy's cousin and he took us around BACKSTAGE, where we got a close-up look at them playing, and around to a spot not far from the catwalk. 

I did say it was a long story! haha

Also, I was living in DC during the AYCLB tour, and again missed out on GA, when the GA was a more or less new concept. I'm not sure if it was the money or what, probably. it was the money;. I managed to buy a $60 for the nosebleed section, and was so upset that they looked like ANTS down on the stage that I actually left while PJ Harvey was still onstage, and TOSSED IT AWAY instead of selling it - I was VERY distraught at the time!

This last tour I screwed up b/c of Bono's back biz. I managed to get the remade date wrong. Yes, I really am this clueless. :P They were GA and went to waste. The friend I was with had to pay for some tix that happened to still be free. It wasn't quite the nosebleed section - however, it WAS qutie far away from the stage and i came away disappointed (that was Giants Stadium). THIS time, the promise I made to myself ages ago to be RIGHT UP to the stage, even if it's only once, WILL be a reality. Thus all the nervous quesitons, haha! Especially when I had chances that I lost. Ugh!

Edited by perenelle

I looked and looked and couldn't find the right thread. My fault really for starting so many. S'ok.

And btw, I agree about the e-tix being ridiculous - that's exactly why I'm asking so many questions, I wanted to make sure that I understood what I was buying. I don't want something unexpected to throw me at the last second.

Again, don't worry about MSG--there's no CCE thing there, so no worries.  And I think you've basically got it right, but keep in mind that e-tix are NOT the same as the CCE thing.  Getting e-tix is simply a form of delivery for (non-CCE) tix; you can also have hard tix mailed to instead (again, if non-CCE).  People are complaining about the CCE tix, not the e-tix--with the latter, no issues with trading them, giving them to others, whatever!

Thank you so much for explaining the difference, I'm finding this all very confusing! I'm not one of the people who are able to go to tons of concerts, so I have only this shot at doing it right!

If you're the one buying the tickets to the show, and you're the one using them, there's really nothing to be confused about... since whatever is selected, and whatever the various options are, you will get into the venue and see U2 whether you have a hard ticket, printed page, credit card, or mobile phone in your hand when you enter the venue.

Perenelle, no offense, but it'd be nice if you kept track of things a bit better.  As I've already explained (in your other thread), MSG has no CCE at all, so nothing to think about there.  Whatever tickets (including GA) that you may able to get from MSG on Monday, you'll have the option to have them mailed to you (as hard tix) or emailed to you as e-tix that you can print out at home.I am

So sorry, i'm no expert at buying tix. I just wanted to know what CCE meant. Sorry again.

i know what cce means for ticketbastards...c-charge and c-charge me again= e-empty pockets...

Edited by CARMELO MARRERO

Sign in to follow this