Sign in to follow this  
bigwave

#UNFORGETTABLEGIG SOI Vinyl Winners & Free Downloadable E-book

Delayed due to the band announcing next years iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE tour dates, we are now able to announce the winners of the #UNFORGETTABLEGIG competition for rare & exclusive vinyl copies of Songs Of Innocence.

As a bonus, we have put together a compilation of entries that were posted in the topic      'Vinyl Special' U2.com SOI Limited Edition Giveaway     and created a downloadable e-book for everyone to keep & share...

You can download the pdf of that e-book from here (right click & 'save as' to your computer).

Very well done to these U2.com subscribers, we will be in touch with you very soon, & your copy of the vinyl will be winging its way to you early in the new year...

Drumroll.... and the winners are....

Error: Embedded data could not be displayed.

I have trying to get this to load for 45 minutes on my phone. OH MY GOSH!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!! I was hoping for this so badly!

Speechless, goosebump - I'm so, so happy!!!! I don't have any words,  :o  I can't believe it ... I'm a winner, thank you!! :) :) :)

Bigwave, will you/they be pulling our info from our accounts or do you need us to send our addresses?

****edited to say, nevermind.  I was so excited earlier that I missed the bit about you getting in touch with us.

Edited by mich40

How do You save the E-book? I right clicked the e-book above and nothing.

I mean in BW's post....I clicked on 'Here'...the pdf appeared ..I clicked a button which says 'Download' in the top-right of the adobe-screen and nothing....

Edited by pain_18_

Thanks, Pain.  I am super excited to be adding this to my vinyl collection!

Congrats Mich!!!

Ok, now how exactly do I download the ebook?

**Edit - found the download link in Bigwave's post. It's a PDF so those having problems might want to wait until your on a computer to open and save it. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19451476/unforgettablegigfinal.compressed.pdf

Edited by Shannon387

:( I'm not in the list... But congrats to all winners. Price is so coooooooooool.

I've only just heard today via a text off a friend that I won one of these special vinyl's, Im so made up ! :) Thanks a lot for choosing my story, Also well done to all the other winners here Inc the Larry fan Mich ;) x

Awe...there should be more winners for all the participation and some 400 plus entries.. :huh: I don't know how they could choose they were all wonderful stories. Congrats to the winners and everyone who wrote and participated!

Damn, that means I have to buy this vinyl to add to my collection... Thanks for the ebook, great great great idea

Damn, that means I have to buy this vinyl to add to my collection... Thanks for the ebook, great great great idea

Is it ON SALE? Where?

Is it ON SALE? Where?

No, this is the limited edition cover.  Well, it probably is for sale somewhere, but for some ridiculously stupid price.

GET IN ... I CANT BELIEVE I WON WOO HOO!!!

thank you so much for reading my story and picking it out ... I feel ace!!! ... I've had a really bad couple of days too!!!

Edited by theyallayallas

Is it ON SALE? Where?

No, this is the limited edition cover.  Well, it probably is for sale somewhere, but for some ridiculously stupid price.

Thing is, that a true collector usually doesn't care prices. :) They went for more than 800€ 2 months ago - way too much for me. (R.R.P. was 19.99$).

Is it ON SALE? Where?

Thing is, that a true collector usually doesn't care prices. :) They went for more than 800€ 2 months ago - way too much for me. (R.R.P. was 19.99$).

A true collector also knows better than to be taken advantage of by scammers who overprice products for their advantage, especially on ebay. 

I consider myself a true collector and this is just a portion of the vinyl I have, and the most I have ever paid for a vinyl was $80.  You will always be able to find it eventually if you practice patience.  You do not have to be at the mercy of the thieves on ebay.

U2albums_zps154d26f1.jpg

Congratulations to the winners and many thanks to u2.com for creating the opportunity to reflect and write about those joyful memories that we have with music.

Obviously, it would have been fantastic to win some new vinyl---but the experience of writing down the memory itself was gratifying and fun.

I would never have done the writing work if not for the invitation to #unforgettablegig. Thanks too for the ebook--will read these over time.