Sign in to follow this  
lpingb

Wow! 10 days after going on sale and half US shows not sold out

Wow I was looking at whats available for tickets and noticed there are tickets available for 17 of the 30 North American shows.  I looked a little closer and most of the NY shows are down to $312 with a few $118 for 6,7,8 shows.  Chicago is pretty similar. I was bored and I counted 972 seats available on the south side for seats for May 27 at the Forum....and about that if not slightly more on North side seats.....so round numbers over 2000 seats available for the ticket booth and 998 seats available from resellers....that's 3000 seats...most of the seats are the $312.  On all the shows GA and the lower priced tickets are sold out....Interesting if you consider 4 arena shows equal one stadium show.....That would mean Chicago and LA haven't sold out what would be one stadium show. 

Im sure the shows will sell out but I have to think it will affect the stadium shows and pricing.....It appears $100-$125 or less and they can sell just about anything anymore and its a trickle...Im guessing with the results so far it will result in them sticking with prices similar to 360 instead of trying to get the premium pricing for the 2nd tier/200 level tickets.

I was a little annoyed at the lack of notice given between the announcement and presale/public sale and was only able to grab one pair of GA's but it appears there will be people looking for GA "buddies" and also there are $40 and $100 tickets available on the secondary market for basically face or just a few dollars over face.  It looks like some sellers are dumping tickets and trying to recover cost as they realize they are going to have to hold the tickets for four or five months to have a shot of getting more then face...

Just a reminder it pays to make your reservations early....I booked the Marriott by the UC in Chicago for $150 tax included and the same room is running $230 or so tax included now....

I think I once spent $150 for a ticket.....but its not just the ticket....its $40 for parking and $150 for a functional hotel room.....I also think a bunch of people are going to catch the shows in pairs so people decided to go for $40-$110 tickets and catch two shows...

Particularly for the NY shows, I think if people wait till closer to the date they will pick up tickets below face value. The amount of re-sale tickets on ticketmaster for these shows is quite a lot. I think they severely misjudged the pricing strategy for this leg of the tour.

Yep...GA's are fine.....the problem is they overpriced the "average" seats....$300 for the best seats are fine the problem is when they priced upper deck tickets at $300 and the next price level was $110 you have situations like the 200 level at MSG where one row is $300 and the row in back of that is $110.  My guess is they should have had one more tier maybe around $150.  You wonder if the overpricing may have cost them extra shows.....LA and Chicago?

To stop people who resell tickets to make profits out of tickets for fans who want to see the band all the time...you know Scalping Grinches! 

U2  :ph34r: style!

Edited by manon amos

U2 seem to be oblivious to the fact people don,t have much disposable income these days.

as much of a shock to me is they have only 4 nights in the o2 in london and have not had to add any more.

mind you 165 quid ticket prices for just a seat is disgusting

Stopping scalpers is fine, but you SHOULD be able to transfer your tickets to someone else so that they are then linked to those tickets by ID. Principle Management can be ass backwards sometimes.

JAMES make ticket transfer un-complicated, why do U2's team have to make things complicated....

Edited by Sigma957

Sign in to follow this