Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

REStill

'Every Breaking Wave' Cover by London Band NÖME

Hello everybody, I've just joined up so this is my first post - I hope it's in the right place, please feel free to move it if not! My parents are the biggest U2 fans and they've handed their love onto me - my dad saw U2 on their 'October' tour back in 1981, then again for Joshua Tree and Achtung, I'm very jealous!

I now am the lead singer for my own band, NÖME, and we love U2. In my opinion, U2 are the best band in the world and I dream of achieving what they have achieved. 'Songs of Innocence' really struck a chord with me for a number of reasons, one being that we were in fact in the same studio as them recording our first EP the week after they left. It was the most amazing experience. We wanted to give something back to our fans at Christmas and so we covered 'Every Breaking Wave' and made a short film of us around our hometown of London. It went live today so I wanted to post it on here to share with you fellow U2 fans, I hope you approve of it!

Thank you so much for your time! I'll see some of you at the O2 next year I'm sure, cannot wait as it's my first U2 show!

Rachel

Hi, fab cover, the band would be so pleased, this is exactly what they wanted from this album, songs that other artists could cover. Good luck with your first LP :D