Sign in to follow this  
MichaelChris

Red Zone Tix I can't use for May 26th, 27th, (LA)

I have 1 Red Zone ticket for May 26th, and May 27th U2 shows at the Forum (LA) that I will not be able to use. How can I sell/transfer these tickets to someone at face value if they are being held at Will Call?  I would hate for them to go to waste.

If you find out let me know as i might be interested in buying them

I believe you have to sell thru Ticketmaster. Resell it that is. I also may be interested if you need help.

Do you have the tickets in pdf format or orginal tickets as we could paypal the money or give you the money :) depending on where you are

No, the shows I have RedZone tickets for (May 26th and 27th) at the Forum in LA are Will Call only...that's why I'm not sure how I could sell them, unless someone actually met me outside the venue on the night of each show. I believe they are indeed hard tickets, but cannot be picked up until the day of the show.

Hi Michael, I sent you a private message regarding these tickets, let me know, thanks

No, the shows I have RedZone tickets for (May 26th and 27th) at the Forum in LA are Will Call only...that's why I'm not sure how I could sell them, unless someone actually met me outside the venue on the night of each show. I believe they are indeed hard tickets, but cannot be picked up until the day of the show.

Why do you think they are will call?  As far as I know, all RZ (and GA) tix everywhere in the US are CCE, which is different (e.g., you never actually get any physical tickets at all--rather, you show the credit card you bought them with, and are let in immediately).  Supposedly, if they are CCE, there is no way to sell them to anyone else, period (except maybe 1 ticket to whoever you're going with--and you yourself would still have to attend/go in yourself).  Of course, lots of folks (like yourself) are in difficult situations, precisely because CCE tix cannot be sold or transferred (except the "plus one" thing as above), and the moderators here are trying to work out some kind of solution.

All Red Zones are will call........at least for the LA shows........look at the Ticketmaster website, under the "Red Zone" packages. It clearly states they are wc.

I wouldn't count on that at all.  More importantly, there's lots of other info that clearly states that RZ tix are CCE, just like GA--which means they're NOT will-call.  At the very least, it's unclear--and I would strongly suggest checking further (e.g., posting about this issue in the main threads, and ask the moderators to clarify it).  Further, TM very often has incorrect information--for example, holding over old info without updating it properly.  For the 2009 tour, for example, RZ tix WERE will-call.  I'd bet that they're not now, given all the CCE info.  Finally, what does it say on your order info?  (i.e., in your TM account about your RZ order).  Will-call?  Or CCE?  Good luck.

Why do you think they are will call?  As far as I know, all RZ (and GA) tix everywhere in the US are CCE, which is different (e.g., you never actually get any physical tickets at all--rather, you show the credit card you bought them with, and are let in immediately).  Supposedly, if they are CCE, there is no way to sell them to anyone else, period (except maybe 1 ticket to whoever you're going with--and you yourself would still have to attend/go in yourself).  Of course, lots of folks (like yourself) are in difficult situations, precisely because CCE tix cannot be sold or transferred (except the "plus one" thing as above), and the moderators here are trying to work out some kind of solution.

My order page on my Ticketmaster account states: "Your tickets are being held at the venue's box office for pick up day of the event

Wow.  Thanks for the info.  This seems to be a major development (and change from the original info)--and helpful to you and others.

Edited by mike7man

Information from my Boston RZ tix for 7/15 ....seems like some wiggle room here?

Thank you for purchasing a (RED) Zone ticket. Your souvenir ticket included in the package will be available for pickup at the venue the day of the show. All (RED) Zone tickets will be issued at the designated (RED) Zone check in location (or other designated location at the venue) prior to the show on the date of the event only. CHECK-IN LOCATION & TIME INFORMATION WILL BE EMAILED OUT 3-5 DAYS PRIOR TO THE DAY OF THE SHOW. If you have not received this 3 days before the show please contact Ticketmaster immediately. All packages are will-call only except for in the state of NY. All packages are NON-REFUNDABLE. All sales are final. You must bring a valid PHOTO ID matching the PURCHASER/ATTENDEE NAME on this order. Those who cannot present a photo ID matching the PURCHASER name on the order will be turned away. IF YOU ARE ADDING AN ALTERNATE PICK UP NAME please contact vip.tickets@ticketmaster.com within 10 days of purchase. If you have any questions regarding the ticket portion of your purchase or have not received your confirmation email, please email vip.tickets@ticketmaster.com or call 877-4-VIPTKT (877-484-7858). Please note: This offer is not valid if tickets are purchased through TM+. U2 (RED) Zone Packages CANNOT BE RESOLD.

Definitely.  Your email suggests at a minimum that RZ are now not being treated as CCE, but as will-call (as in the No Line tour)--which is at least a bit better.  Also, the "alternate pick up name" sentence may suggest even more wiggle room, although it says one has to do this within 10 days of purchase (which all RZ folks are way beyond at this point).

I have 1 Red Zone ticket for May 26th, and May 27th U2 shows at the Forum (LA) that I will not be able to use. How can I sell/transfer these tickets to someone at face value if they are being held at Will Call?  I would hate for them to go to waste.

Hi MIchael!  Did you find a solution??  Im going the 27th.  Would love and extra ticket!  been dying to take my oldest son, but could only buy 2 tickets in the presale!  Let me know.. 

Thanks!!  Gloria

People have been saying lately that the TM info on RZ suggests that they will be will-call day of show (not true CCE).  If so, and MichaelChris can go to the venue that day, then you could meet him there and make the exchange then.  Still a pain, to be sure, but better than true CCE.

Edited by mike7man

I sold a spare Red Zone ticket for one of the chicago 360 shows.  No one ever even asked for my credit card, just my ID.  They gave me a hard ticket and I met my buyer at the venue where she paid me cash and I gave her her ticket.  If the red zone ticket pick up is still the same as 360 it is definitely do-able.

Has anyone successful sold, traded or transferred a Red Zone ticket to someone else?  

Sign in to follow this