Sign in to follow this  
lpingb

Looking forward to GA this year...

I think GA will be super hyped this tour.....The paperless entry will make a huge difference.  Less scalped tickets should make a more energetic crowd.....just wondering if anyone else has attended a concert with GA and how the crowd was....

It's always an experience. I take up on my cross daily and follow U2 when they're on tour. Lol. It's like no other concert you'll ever see.

Less scalped tickets should make a more energetic crowd.

How so? The scalpers may not be into U2, but they sell the tickets to U2 fans...

How so? The scalpers may not be into U2, but they sell the tickets to U2 fans...

Yeah, mostly.  But, there are definitely a number of folks with serious $$ who would buy GA tix to a U2 show, even if they weren't that into the band, music, etc.

Yeah, mostly.  But, there are definitely a number of folks with serious $$ who would buy GA tix to a U2 show, even if they weren't that into the band, music, etc.

Possibly, but they can't have made up a large portion of the GA crowd. In any case, they'd be at the back, get to the front & it's certainly energetic!

Me too, last show I did I had to work so it was a mad dash up to Manchester to get there in time, so I missed out on the queuing and chatting to folks, I'm really looking forward to that.

As for the gig itself, it was really awesome such a good feeling on the floor, I've been to some gigs that don't have that (not U2 ones) and it really ruins the experience, the U2 crowd is by far the best ;) beaten only once by a small crowd at a special one off Primal Scream gig years ago in Wolverhampton...okay the music doesn't compare, but the people were awesome

In any case, they'd be at the back, get to the front & it's certainly energetic!

I'll be toward the back with them. On Elevation tour, I realized that up close we were all jockeying to get near Bono as he moved around and such, and there was pushing, and frenzy... and if you literally stood 7 feet further back, it was completely chill and you could just enjoy the show so much easier. If the band feeds off of that frenzy up front, and that makes them do a better show, then us people a few feet back thank you all... ;-)

In any case, they'd be at the back, get to the front & it's certainly energetic!

I'll be toward the back with them. On Elevation tour, I realized that up close we were all jockeying to get near Bono as he moved around and such, and there was pushing, and frenzy... and if you literally stood 7 feet further back, it was completely chill and you could just enjoy the show so much easier. If the band feeds off of that frenzy up front, and that makes them do a better show, then us people a few feet back thank you all... ;-)

^^ This. At a Calgary elevation show my wife and I were right at the front where Bono spent a lot of time. It was chaos. Especially when these drunken buffoons pushed their way behind us and started punching us in the back to get us to move. I didn't want the show ruined so we moved away from the stage and had a much better time. 15 feet back is still a pretty damn good place to be. 

Sign in to follow this