Sign in to follow this  
mich40

Record Store Day 2015 (Merged)

I didn't get out to try for this vinyl, I have the lovely white version.

I bought 2 copies of MetallicA's 'No Life Till Leather' cassette from their store \m/^_^\m/ (10,000 made)

sorry for the ebay link. It was an auction for two SOI twin copies with the same #0144 number!!

Now we know there are 5001!. Or maybe more...

So I got one of the Tool ones. Just didn't notice when I picked it up, only when I saw someone else tweet about it did I check and have a bit of a freak out. I know of 3 (including my own) so far all bought from same store - wondering if they turned up anywhere else.

I wonder how many people remembered Radiohead releasing the Supercollider 12" unannounced a few years ago and bothered to check for an Invisible clear vinyl 7" or some such in the bins, or was it dash, grab, and straight to the register?

Was that a positive or negative freak out on the Tool one?

Check u2wanderer.org - Aaron seems to be keeping up on things from those with Tool disc instead of the correct second disc, and where #s are turning up. The exact number seems to be a bit unclear in general 5000 worldwide? 5000 in just the US? 6000 worldwide? some numbers duplicated or thrown out because of a bad press? etc.

A Tool disc? 

I had no luck.  My store had one copy.  The girl that was four people in front of me got it.

Any spares out there , my local store in Dublin got 2 copies , They thought they were getting more .....Ah well ...maybe next year

That was freebird

Tower (Easons) got 15 and Tower (Dawson St) got 25

RAGE got 5 and Spindizzy got 10  - 

They all went within seconds of opening, Tower was cheapest at E29.99 and Spindizzy the most eXpensive at E45

Anyhow...... I got 1 so I'm happy enough

Check u2wanderer.org - Aaron seems to be keeping up on things from those with Tool disc instead of the correct second disc, and where #s are turning up. The exact number seems to be a bit unclear in general 5000 worldwide? 5000 in just the US? 6000 worldwide? some numbers duplicated or thrown out because of a bad press? etc.

A Tool disc? 

I had no luck.  My store had one copy.  The girl that was four people in front of me got it.

I'll take a look for the A-ha here and let you know if it's available. 99% sure all the U2s went, but a couple more places to check.

Tool - my understanding is that it's only the 2nd disc that's Tool, so you wouldn't notice from the front, just through the die-cut in the back see http://www.nme.com/news/u2/84678 Maybe digsy can confirm? It might play into value, it might not - depends on collectors, though this seems to be an item mostly for the perfect condition "mint-in-box" crew, which mostly means those that have rationalized their purchases as investments and watched too much Antiques Roadshow <g> I'm far more utilitarian - value after I'm dead isn't value realized, so shrinkwrap, long gone, and I'll rationalize on Invisible's lyrics being visible on this release.

Anyway that's similar to the value people place on the #s. I've discussed with a few people that that's a throwback to the White Album, though the low numbers in that case went to people the band knew so you could further rationalize the value based on some "deeper band connection" (and remember SOI is an album that had an all-white cover, was released on "Apple", etc., so the numbering is fitting), plus there were always rumors of extra bits & bobs in random numbers below a 1000 for the White Album, though it was probably more just savvy sellers trying to create value by combining items they had. Maybe the Tool disc is Larry's personal addition to a select few copies, who knows?

Didn't make it to the Amoeba Store this time, had to be somewhere else.. I heard it was much better planned and organized than last year. They give you an album list and get your vinyls for you and served coffee! I tried the the small town record stores around me and nothing.The bigger stores are the ones who get the goods. Congrats to those of you who did get one and the guy who got the 0001!! Wow.

A Tool disc? 

I'll take a look for the A-ha here and let you know if it's available. 99% sure all the U2s went, but a couple more places to check.

Tool - my understanding is that it's only the 2nd disc that's Tool, so you wouldn't notice from the front, just through the die-cut in the back see http://www.nme.com/news/u2/84678 Maybe digsy can confirm? It might play into value, it might not - depends on collectors, though this seems to be an item mostly for the perfect condition "mint-in-box" crew, which mostly means those that have rationalized their purchases as investments and watched too much Antiques Roadshow <g> I'm far more utilitarian - value after I'm dead isn't value realized, so shrinkwrap, long gone, and I'll rationalize on Invisible's lyrics being visible on this release.

Anyway that's similar to the value people place on the #s. I've discussed with a few people that that's a throwback to the White Album, though the low numbers in that case went to people the band knew so you could further rationalize the value based on some "deeper band connection" (and remember SOI is an album that had an all-white cover, was released on "Apple", etc., so the numbering is fitting), plus there were always rumors of extra bits & bobs in random numbers below a 1000 for the White Album, though it was probably more just savvy sellers trying to create value by combining items they had. Maybe the Tool disc is Larry's personal addition to a select few copies, who knows?

Oh!  I'd appreciate that!  There are some of both on ebay, but I don't want to pay stupid prices for either.  I know all the U2 must be gone, but I wouldn't think the a-ha would go so quickly, but I'm probably wrong based on the prices on ebay.

Edited by mich40

Heard there were some stores online who have copies left. If you're on twitter check with the fan sites, wanderer etc

I am happy to say that someone found a copy of U2 for me and I should have it by Friday.  :)  Love having U2 friends that will try to help you out.

I still will be looking for the a-ha one though.  It just looks cool and I love that song and video.

Glad to hear you got the U2. It is definitely gone (with a song...) here. Just emailed you on the A-ha - slim but legitimate chance, but more help may be required beyond me.

I am happy to say that someone found a copy of U2 for me and I should have it by Friday. :) Love having U2 friends that will try to help you out.

I still will be looking for the a-ha one though. It just looks cool and I love that song and video.

I only wish I could have located one for you.... :P That's great you found one!

I am happy to say that someone found a copy of U2 for me and I should have it by Friday. :) Love having U2 friends that will try to help you out.

I still will be looking for the a-ha one though. It just looks cool and I love that song and video.

I only wish I could have located one for you.... :P That's great you found one!

You tried and that counts. :)

The prices are astronomical on ebay! Wish I had a record store near me so I could of at least tried to get one.

Finally!!! Managed to order one online from a French webshop for a very reasonable price (about 27.00 euro delivery costs included).  Just got the confirmation the package is on its way.  Happy, happy!!

Finally!!! Managed to order one online from a French webshop for a very reasonable price (about 27.00 euro delivery costs included).  Just got the confirmation the package is on its way.  Happy, happy!!

Yesssss! #3010 in hand.

Yesssss! #3010 in hand.

Congrats, now imagine you stood in a line 3000+ people long to get your hands on a copy and felt that elation, and you'll be in the same mood 5 to 10 times that many people will be in lining up and entering the venues ;)