Sign in to follow this  
U2Community

Sing 'Song For Someone' (Then Upload It)

Sing 'Song For Someone' ? We'll be showcasing some of the performances.

Recently fans have been posting online some beautiful, personal versions of 'Song For Someone'.

Over the next ten days we're on the lookout for performances being uploaded by fans all over the world.

Want to get involved?

View the full article

You get so spoiled being a U2 fan for so many years and albums and incredible tours that I cant help to believe year after year that U2 will improve and that they will write the best song ever written. I think "song for someone" is one of the best songs ever written and the incredible thing is that you hear more of the record and the songs get better. You cannot say that about any other band in the world 30 years ago or now like you can with U2. All of you sound incredible and bring a different spirit to the song.

okay, i have a question... can i upload a video too, i am from cuba

sure thing, open to all

Can you give me a helping hand how to upload the video on twitter?

Can you give me a helping hand how to upload the video on twitter?

youtube is easier, and then link it from twitter, like the ones on the Front Page

The thing is, I dont have access to Twitter or YouTube, so Can I upload the video to Facebook?

Bunny - FYI looks like you locked the video so it won't actually playback in the thread - have to pull the URL from the info and go to youtube.

I think you did a great job btw - like your voice.

Like my grandmother, I'll try my voice out on Sam Cooke, Bing Crosby etc., but I think this one is beyond me especially where it opens up, but you did great - impressed with how you handled that part of the song.

It reminds me of childbirth..your first child. The love between father and mother and the love for their child, from conception to birth and how it all went down...How fast we forget the pain of the first time, and rejoice in the child. Which is why most women forget that pain and have more children. The Lord makes sure of that. No video upload, just my thoughts on the women carrying the baby and how important it is to them.

Bunny - FYI looks like you locked the video so it won't actually playback in the thread - have to pull the URL from the info and go to youtube.

I think you did a great job btw - like your voice.

Like my grandmother, I'll try my voice out on Sam Cooke, Bing Crosby etc., but I think this one is beyond me especially where it opens up, but you did great - impressed with how you handled that part of the song.

it should work Koke-dera, thank you for your kind words :) the post that was put up on this site, I deleted 3 minutes after I posted it,

because I didn't want to spam the twitter site. I don't know how they saved that tweet, the only thing that doesn't work is the little twitter bird.