Sign in to follow this  
Wendy66

Hotels In London For New Date

Get them booked folks they're filling fast. I was looking at one for roughly a hundred for two nights, (two people one room) went on a booking site and got the same room for half that.

Cheap n cheerful is all I need but they're all filling fast.

I got the Pilot Inn, which is very close, & very highly recommended for 90GBP (incl. breakfast for 2 & free cancellation) for the night before London 5. But for other nights it's booked out, or the price skyrockets. Might try airbnb for the other nights. Need to be close, as I'm doing GA with no car.

What booking site did you use Wendy?

Edited by ddarroch

Same here I'm going to London by train and using public transport or taxis. The hotel is in Plaistow and I'm in a bit of a flap, people are saying the area is really rough and there's only me and my daughter going. The tube station is only ten minutes walk from the hotel so we can just get taxis.

I've paid £64 all in for the room for two nights I did see the Pilot inn but that's fully booked for our nights. The site I used was booking.com it's the Excel hotel, no meals but you have use of the kitchen. I've been to London loads of times but it's always been central I'm really nervous about this now.

You should be ok , just make sure you get a Taxi to and from the Tube Station . Canning Town on the DLR is a main stop and not too far away from your Hotel. You should be able to get taxis from there 

Hey Wendy, you should be fine in Plaistow.  

It is in Newham which is one of the poorer boroughs of London, and certainly isn't an area that looks particularly attractive, but in many ways is probably less dangerous than central London. I am sure your chances of being mugged or pick pocketed in the regular tourist haunts in the centre are far higher. In fact I think it is an area that the smart money is now investing in, as it is not too far from the centre, and is expected to become 'gentrified' over the next few years. 

It's an area I have spent a lot of time in being a West Ham Utd fan (which is just down the road), and personally feel very comfortable there. It's certainly nowhere near as boisterous as the Bigg Market on a Saturday night!

Sure you'll be fine. :)

PS If you want to sound like a local, it's pronounced Plaar-stow (to rhyme with car-stow).

Edited by Bungo

Sign in to follow this