Sign in to follow this  
dermot224

Why the delay announcung Dublin dates (MERGED)

"Special shows are being planned for Dublin for the end of next year to benefit the U2-initiated Music Generation project and details will follow once they are finalised." 

I guess they just haven't fully sorted it yet.

Edited by peterferris8

The pessimist in me thinks that if it was going to hapoen for this leg they wouldve already announced something. I kinda think maybe they are waiting for other album before adding more cities including Dublin. Hope they announce something soon tho!

Hmm.  I'd still bet, though, that the Dublin dates will still be added for late 2015.  My guess is that removing the "further dates to be confirmed" language applies to the "standard" US & Europe tour.

U2 has take off the info on tour's page that further dates would be confirmed.

Really? I thought Dublin was nailed on for this year and so did most people i know on FB. I thought i read it would be announced shortly...

As I recall, it's been a couple of months (maybe more) since there was any specific word from the band/on this website about the Dublin dates.  It did sound then, however, like it was basically certain that it would happen/be announced/etc.  Perhaps it's a bit surprising that they haven't been announced yet, but as I mentioned above, I wouldn't read too much into the recent removal of the "further dates to be confirmed" language on the tour page.  I'd be very surprised if they don't happen in late 2015.

I can't help but feel the band are going to release songs of experience by surprise (without the Apple fanfare this time) and the Dublin dates will follow soon after. It will surely be linked in with the innocence/experience tour? No.

Feels like 2 fingers to the home fans to me, not best impressed.

Feels like 2 fingers to the home fans to me, not best impressed.

Can't understand why you would feel like that, but hey! each to their own as we say. I don't really care when they announce them, just glad I've kept my pre-sale for when they do.

Personally speaking - all in good time.

I can't help but feel the band are going to release songs of experience by surprise (without the Apple fanfare this time) and the Dublin dates will follow soon after. It will surely be linked in with the innocence/experience tour? No.

Well, Edge recently said that SOE would likely be out in about 1 1/2 years, which wouldn't fit w/Dublin being announced after SOE is released (if Dublin occurs in late 2015).

A source told us (www.u2br.com) some news:

- 10 shows at 3 Arena, end of tour, with funds going to Music Generation

- Kodaline as opening act at some point at the tour

We don't if it's true, that's what they've heard.

Edited by romulobortolozzo

10 shows that´s crazy...i think there will be only 4 - 6 shows

because the occupancy of the hall is only for that

count of shows in a row possible.

Rest is booked with other artists...

?

But really i hope that they will riddle the questions!!

Hopefully next few days;-))

Edited by rbonovox

Hmm..."end of tour"?  If taken literally, that would mean late 2016 at the earliest (since there will be a stadium leg in 2016).  Before, the word was the shows would be at the end of this (current, 2015) leg.

Hmm..."end of tour"?  If taken literally, that would mean late 2016 at the earliest (since there will be a stadium leg in 2016).  Before, the word was the shows would be at the end of this (current, 2015) leg.

End of 2015.

10 shows in the 3arena in December will be tight (but not impossible) as there are already 8 or 9 nights booked out with other events. Although they could be spilt up over a number of weeks.

That said, my bet is they will announce the indoor ones for Dublin and the Europe Outdoor Gigs for 2016 at same time. Thus damping down the issue of "I didn't get tickets for Dublin".

10 shows!. I doubt I'll be doing all those that's for sure... if it's true. Waiting for Dublin is worse than waiting for the Glastonbury line up,,, and that's really pissing me off Lol

I am also eagerly awaiting the news for the Dublin shows, to see if I can make it there! I check the website for 3Arena weekly, and right now the arena is free Nov 21-30, 10 days worth.........guess we'll find out at some point if U2 will take those days.

Lets hope there is Dublin gigs, as a shadow has been cast over that from this thread, which explains that all our presale codes have been removed, and the only reason given at this point is that there are "no more presales in the near future", very worrying indeed, and I held my code specially for this.

http://zootopia.u2.com/topic/30528-renewed-sub-pre-sale-access-code-disappeared-merged/

Famous last words, but my sense is that the Dublin shows will still happen in late 2015, people will be able to use their (reinstated) codes, etc.  It's totally bizarre that these codes have (apparently temporarily) disappeared, though--no question.

Rte2fm on this mornings news bulletins confirming Dublin shows at Christmas at O2. No other details.

Indeed,just thought there might be more to it. Why report old news on news bulletins today one wonders?

If/when the announcement of the Dublin dates is made it has the potential to be a PR minefield for U2.  The naysayers will be gathering and chomping at the bit to comment on anything from ticket prices, proximity to Christmas, insufficient dates, lack of tickets for Irish fans, hotel prices, the free download (again) etc etc.  Maybe just ,maybe this is part of the reason for the delay in announcing dates. They may even be putting in place measures to make tickets only available to purchase in Ireland which of course would lead to more complaints.  

Sign in to follow this