Sign in to follow this  
dermot224

Why the delay announcung Dublin dates (MERGED)

It worked a few days ago

Try this http://www.todayfm.com/mobile/index.php?id=16923

It contained the audio clip you can find here in the zoo in other topics, bono talks about 3 shows in Dublin at Xmas

EDIT this one https://soundcloud.com/u2community/bono-talks-to-tony-fenton-clip-1st-may-2015

Edited by monica martino

I think we should know more in line with the upcoming Tony Fenton / Bono interview next week

we don't.

There are a lot of people who fear there will be no Dublin date this year - probably because Bono stated in an interview with TodayFM that the 3Arena was not big enough to house the show - as this is the biggest indoor arena in Ireland (never mind Dublin) it does cause a big problem for a December concert with regards to the venue - an outdoor space maybe utilised but this defeats the object of the intimacy that the rest of the world has enjoyed with this tour so far - it will be interesting to see how or if they sort this problem out?

It's a pain not knowing about the Dublin dates, I'm considering doing Turin or another venue if there aren't any this year. 

right now the arena is free Nov 21-30, 10 days worth.........guess we'll find out at some point if U2 will take those days.

People keep mentioning in various threads the number of days the band might play vs. the number of days the arena(s) are currently available in a row, but the thing to keep in mind (at least based on the US tour), they play two days on, two days off. Not every night... May have to break it down, let someone else play, then set it up again, etc.

I think we should know more in line with the upcoming Tony Fenton / Bono interview next week

we don't.

interview seems to have been edited to take out what might have been out of date info

There are a lot of people who fear there will be no Dublin date this year - probably because Bono stated in an interview with TodayFM that the 3Arena was not big enough to house the show - as this is the biggest indoor arena in Ireland (never mind Dublin) it does cause a big problem for a December concert with regards to the venue - an outdoor space maybe utilised but this defeats the object of the intimacy that the rest of the world has enjoyed with this tour so far - it will be interesting to see how or if they sort this problem out?

Nevermind Dublin & the 3 Arena if they are really wanting to go back to their 'Innocence'  tour the country starting with the National Opera House in Wexford !!!  If you're reading lads I bags the first ticket for coming up with the idea!

Edited by dermo

I said The Olympia Theatre months ago :lol: you can have the second ticket anyway

Edited by monica martino

I said The Olympia Theatre months ago :lol: you can have the second ticket anyway

I'll take that offer !

There is no delay, except on Edges' foot pedals.RELAX.

Great thread. I've been analyzing and predicting performance dates in Dublin since 360 ended. 

My hunch - 3 days within the last 2 weeks of December 3Arena BUT not an official IE concert. Perhaps a Music Generations concert featuring U2. Perhaps donors for the organization having first dibs to tickets, then tickets being available to the public. 

Hi... Is anyone able to update me on Tour Dates for Dublin please??? Many thanks!

Nothing has been announced yet :(

I'm waiting for them as well

heard an interview with Edge saying the Dublin show might have to be acoustic. 

Link?

So a donor only set of shows.

Which means an even weaker setlist than i+e Toronto!

Edited by Sigma957

Nobody knows.

Presumably its just a logistical issue they wanted to play indoor this year but there isn't a suitable door venue in Dublin (see above) for the I&E stage set up. They could play a standard show but again it's if they could play enough nights to likely meet demand...

My guess is Dublin will be the first announcement for the likely stadium shows next year, 3 nights at Croke or Avivia. 

Which would tie in with this article from a good while ago: http://www.atu2.com/news/irish-concert-promoter-says-u2-in-talks-to-play-croke-park-in-2016.html

I+E would fit into Odyssey Belfast! ;)  

you can go and shite yardie, you just want a handy trip to the gig!  :P

you can go and shite yardie, you just want a handy trip to the gig!  :P

Am I fook! . I'm just saying! lol

I'm gonna see the lads in a few days time in NYC. But, that's another story. ;)

Sign in to follow this