Sign in to follow this  
ZLady

GA line up question for Vancouver shows

According to the map, there's a north and south GA.  Anyone know if there will be two lines or just one?  Also, when is everyone lining up?  I've never been to the tour opener before and it has been ages since I've done GA.  Any advice would be so very much appreciated.  Thanks!

I do not know if there is two lines, but I noticed on my ticketmaster order that it said N-Floor. I do not know what that means. Has anyone got a order that says S-Floor.

As long as they don't pull an Elevation San Diego and open one side of the arena to the line just formed instead of the original line that formed all day and overnight.

As long as they don't pull an Elevation San Diego and open one side of the arena to the line just formed instead of the original line that formed all day and overnight.

Man, that sucks. Security doesn't understand.

My tickets also say N-FLR.  I plan on getting in line Friday am, so hopefully we get this all figured out for where to line up.   Maybe I will have to go by there Thursday afternoon so I know.   

Any word on opening acts for Vancouver?   

That happened to me in Oakland!  We all had spent the night in our cars and then this other door opened just as we getting in.  It was awful!  Both my tickects say N-Floor for both nights as well.  Maybe there aren't two entries.

That happened during the Elevation tour in NYC.  

My friend and I both bought GA tickets (or so we thought) for the second Vancouver show during the presale, though our print outs indicate a section, row, and seat numbers.  We both clicked on Standing General Admissions/Floor and the order went through and we were charged the GA price.  Ticketmaster says they are indeed seated tickets.  We really don't know how this has happened.  My initial thoughts were that section/row/seat numbers were assigned maybe for inventory purposes (that was the case with past tickets), but I see others posts saying their tickets say N-Floor.  Any thoughts you all have would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

My friend and I both bought GA tickets (or so we thought) for the second Vancouver show during the presale, though our print outs indicate a section, row, and seat numbers.  We both clicked on Standing General Admissions/Floor and the order went through and we were charged the GA price.  Ticketmaster says they are indeed seated tickets.  We really don't know how this has happened.  My initial thoughts were that section/row/seat numbers were assigned maybe for inventory purposes (that was the case with past tickets), but I see others posts saying their tickets say N-Floor.  Any thoughts you all have would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

What could of happened is tickemaster automatically offered you seats at the same price as there was no more GA s available. This happened to me in the 2nd LA show.. No GA left so I was automatically offered seats in the same price bracket. GA tickets/confirmation emails have either N-Floor or S-Floor on them.  I have N-Floor but my friends who bought in the innocence  presale has S-Floor.  I am hoping there's no divide or I will be on my own.. Not an issue so much as I've done it before on my own but I am going with them and would like to be in the same space! 

Bummer.  Check out your ticket order on the TM website.  If they're GA, they'll be labelled GA.  If not--and yours apparently aren't--then you'll have a section, row, seat #, etc. (and NOT say GA).

I'm S-FLR for opening night. Do you think we need to line up early like the past? If there is no inner circle? 

I'm S-FLR for opening night. Do you think we need to line up early like the past? If there is no inner circle? 

So obviously there are 2 entries, is that right?   There are both south and north tickets.   I have tickets for the second night, so maybe i will have to go on here the day before and hope all you kind folks can update whats happening  :)

I just wish there was an announcement regarding a show opener. I have no interest in lining up both nights for the floor, but some sort of news would help with my arrival plans.

Aargh.  Once again, we're all still in the dark on various important issues, for example:

1)  The whole north vs. south floor thing.  Will there be two entrances?  Are the two areas of the floor truly separate? (i.e., can one not go from one side to the other?).  Does this apply at all venues, or only some?  My Chicago GA tix, for example, don't seem to have this designation.

2)  Is there an inner circle?  One gets the impression there isn't, but it'd be nice to know for sure.  For me, for example, that fact makes a huge difference regarding whether to line up really early or not.

Oh, and re RolandofGilead's post, given that we're almost upon the first shows happening, it seems unlikely that there will be an opening act at all (!)

Hi everyone I just received this email from Rogers Arena about the North/South question.

This is what was said:

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting Fan Services at Rogers Arena. Chances are we will have a North Floor and a South Floor and they will be separated from each other; however everything is subject to change.. If you are planning on arriving early, we will be notifying people where to line up. I have spoken to security and they said they usually do not have a problem with people camping the night before as long as they are not blocking any Gates. The only thing is that I don’t think anything will be labeled about where to line up until the morning the day of the concert.

If you have any questions please let us know at fanservices@canucks.com or at 604-899-7440. If you are planning on camping out, please touch base with us again closer to the concert next week because I might have more information for you.

Regards,

Oscar  

I really don't think it's necessary to line up all day like that. Doors open 7.30pm. that's plenty of time to go in, grab a drink and find a spot. there'll be natural movement around, I know i'll be wanting to check out the stage from different angles and just enjoy the experience. I really hope that I don't encounter people like I did on 360 that didn't understand general admission means there are no reserved places on the floor. so if someone comes along and stands beside you they are entitled to do that, they have paid their money same as anyone.

It looked like lots of people will opt not to be on the rail.  Instead of being close to the band for a portion of the concert and far away for the rest, you can walk around and be 8 yards away the whole night.  No need to line up all day.

Edited by tingly

I really don't think it's necessary to line up all day like that. Doors open 7.30pm. that's plenty of time to go in, grab a drink and find a spot. there'll be natural movement around, I know i'll be wanting to check out the stage from different angles and just enjoy the experience. I really hope that I don't encounter people like I did on 360 that didn't understand general admission means there are no reserved places on the floor. so if someone comes along and stands beside you they are entitled to do that, they have paid their money same as anyone.

Actually, what you're saying does not accord with "GA protocol", in my opinion.  Especially for the better spots, it's generally understood that you're entitled to the spot you've staked out--especially since people wait for long periods to get those spots.  If there's room to go stand beside somebody, sure, that's fine.  But, on some occasions I've seen obnoxious GA-ers clearly push in front of people (and/or crowd right up against them) in a disrespectful fashion, which is definitely not OK.  And in GA, as you get closer to prime areas, there is definitely NOT room to "go stand beside somebody"--it's already quite crowded from people who have waited for hours to get where they are.  And latecomers are not entitled to bulldoze their way into those spots--that's what getting there earlier is for, no?

Edited by mike7man

I have a question about the new Ticketmaster rules about showing the credit card  which bought the tickets and photo ID. Did this have an impact on standing in line all day for the GA spots? When are you supposed to show the credit card and photo ID?

Thank you in advance.

Sign in to follow this