Sign in to follow this  
devilsfn1999

United Center Parking

I was just wondering if anyone is familiar with the parking situation at the United Center. I have GA tickets and plan on getting there early in the day. I know you can buy passes for the United Center lots off ticketmaster but when I have called the United center to see when those lots would be open I was told 2 hours before showtime. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

On the Vertigo tour the lot on the south side of the arena opened around 10 am. No in and out privileges though.

Plenty of street parking until the lots open. Just read the signs when you park. Then move when the lots open. Half the GA line will do the same thing.

-Tim

I went to a Tom Petty concert last summer at the United Center and the bars near by did free parking and free shuttle service.  There were 4 or 5 of them that did it.  They do it for all concerts and sporting events

from what I remember from last tour at the UC they opened one of the lots much earlier than two hours...That being said there is a parking lot about 1/2 mile away by the marriot that's about half of what the UC charges.  I know other people are staying a few miles away at hotels that are close to public transportation that have free parking.  Im planning on having my wife drop me off and go back to a hotel. 

I went to a Tom Petty concert last summer at the United Center and the bars near by did free parking and free shuttle service.  There were 4 or 5 of them that did it.  They do it for all concerts and sporting events

Can you recommend a good one to park at?

sorry...no help :(    My friend and I  are both flying in so we plan to bus/taxi in and then bus out.   Plan is to get there early for show one and hang out around the arena.  Show two we will get there closer to show time after touring the city :)

I can't remember the exact names, they were east of the United Center on Madison Avenue. I think the West End was one

From experience on U2360 in 2011 at Soldier Field, I had a GA ticket too and showed up like 9am early. I simply decided to take the CTA because it was the most economical and best in value without worrying I would overpay for parking or it to be expired.

I can recommend ParkWhiz which is a website/app you can use to pre-pay and reserve your parking in various park of Downtown and the vicinities. Super convinient, a fair priced parking like $15 generally for up to 8hrs, some available with valet. Extended time/hours are available, depending where you will go.

Depending on the venue, the parking and prices will fluctuate but probably the best value instead of paying $25 and up for a parking spot. At the end of the day, all depends on how much you are prepared to invest, and how comfortable you want you stay/experience you want it to be.

www.parkwhiz.com

www.spothero.com

Sign in to follow this