Sign in to follow this  
jjwankenobi

Rehearsals at Pacific Coliseum - Let us in the Sound!

The recent NY Times article reminded me that the boys are rehearsing for the I + E Tour at "The Rink On Renfrew". Three kids and a 9 to 5 job means my days of camping out to hear live snippets are over. I remember pounding at the back doors of the Coliseum 23 years ago (April 1992), desperately trying to make up for not having secured a ticket to ZOO TV. Later that year (November 1992) the Outside Broadcast came rolling through BC Place. I caught both nights but oh how I wished to have seen that first more intimate version!

13 years later (April 2005) they shot the "City Of Blinding Lights" video at GM Place which was a 10 minute walk from where I worked at the time. Did I get to go that day either? Nope.

Wouldn't it have been great if U2.com had selected a few of us local fan club members to attend the I + E rehearsals? The "Another Time another Place" LP will be great no doubt, and the early bird tickets was nice too. But the chance to see U2 and the stage before anyone else would have been a once in a lifetime opportunity.  

Oh well. See you all on the 14th and the 15th at "The Garage"!

I'll be the one with the Popmart '97 Tour shirt on ;).

MTFBWY,

jjwan

The recent NY Times article reminded me that the boys are rehearsing for the I + E Tour at "The Rink On Renfrew". Three kids and a 9 to 5 job means my days of camping out to hear live snippets are over. I remember pounding at the back doors of the Coliseum 23 years ago (April 1992), desperately trying to make up for not having secured a ticket to ZOO TV. Later that year (November 1992) the Outside Broadcast came rolling through BC Place. I caught both nights but oh how I wished to have seen that first more intimate version!

13 years later (April 2005) they shot the "City Of Blinding Lights" video at GM Place which was a 10 minute walk from where I worked at the time. Did I get to go that day either? Nope.

Wouldn't it have been great if U2.com had selected a few of us local fan club members to attend the I + E rehearsals? The "Another Time another Place" LP will be great no doubt, and the early bird tickets was nice too. But the chance to see U2 and the stage before anyone else would have been a once in a lifetime opportunity.  

Oh well. See you all on the 14th and the 15th at "The Garage"!

I'll be the one with the Popmart '97 Tour shirt on ;).

MTFBWY,

jjwan

Great idea man! Maybe someone will read this idea for future reference. I would love to see them the night before they kick off a tour. 

I am flying in to Seattle and driving up for both nights! Can't wait!

^^^ I was going to say "Dobrý den!" but realized you're from Prague, Oklahoma! LOL 

Have a great time at the show! Hope you have a chance to explore our beautiful city too.

jjwan

Sign in to follow this