Sign in to follow this  
jahorro

Update: Joe’s Guide to U2's General Admission

I hope Dublin works out for you & everyone else Rhi_K.

Thanks, me too

Thanks for the guide Joe. I'm going to share the link with my brother-in-law as he will be coming with me.

This will be my 1st U2 concert and, while I have done GA before at stadium concerts by Oasis, I've had specific seats at the 2 arena shows I've been to. I've also never been to the O2 before so I want to try and arrange a pre-concert trip to make sure we know how to get there - and how to get to the hotel we'll be staying in.  

Thanks for the guide Joe. I'm going to share the link with my brother-in-law as he will be coming with me.

This will be my 1st U2 concert and, while I have done GA before at stadium concerts by Oasis, I've had specific seats at the 2 arena shows I've been to. I've also never been to the O2 before so I want to try and arrange a pre-concert trip to make sure we know how to get there - and how to get to the hotel we'll be staying in.  

Anytime!  I hope this helps.

Good idea about a dry run in the O2 to get an idea of its layout and getting back to the hotel.  Hope to see you there in London!

Joe,

Great guide! Hope to see you in NY! We met at the 360 opener in Chicago and had a beer or two.

If you plan on spending a lot of time and will involve lots of eating and drinking, please be aware that there may not be trash cans near by. Please be kind to the city and bring a trash bag so that you can put your refuse in a container rather than strewing it all over and making everyone else walk through your filth. Last tour this was an issue at several sites.

If you plan on spending a lot of time and will involve lots of eating and drinking, please be aware that there may not be trash cans near by. Please be kind to the city and bring a trash bag so that you can put your refuse in a container rather than strewing it all over and making everyone else walk through your filth. Last tour this was an issue at several sites.

This is the good thing about The O2, there's loads of restaurants you can eat at, which means you don't necessarily have to bring stuff with you!

This is a very accurate description of my experience. Very thorough! From inescapable sun in Phoenix to snow in Montreal (along with loads of line skippers) to meeting awesome fans all over the world in Dublin. In my opinion, it is ALWAYS worth it to line up for GA (especially if you follow this guide). I have converted people to becoming die hard U2 fans by experiencing the concert this way. I've been in and out of the pit (remember the exhilaration of the computer screen when it flashed "vertigo" 3 times?). I've been at the end of the catwalk (Pop Mart). Any place on the floor is incredible.

Top post Joe ...really awesome ..I have GA tickets for San Jose 2 and am travelling from Dublin , My first GA. I'm hoping to get tickets for SJ 1 also on the night as you said the only way is GA. any idea how may can fit in the GA for the SJ shows ?

Hi Joe.

Thank you so very much. The GA group who monitor the lines are angels and I appreciate you so much. Spent a lot of

time with y'all over the years...The heart, the heart, the heart...all time favorite.

I wonder if you know which side is north and which side is south...want to be on Edge's side.

Thank you times a million. Will see you in San Jose.

Hey Mike - thanks!  Good to be back.  I'll be attending the first Vancouver show, the last 4 in NY and the last 4 in London; and possibly the Dublin shows when they're finally announced!

Hey ddarroch.  Appreciate you sharing the Guide.  It's meant to help fans understand what happens when they arrive at the venue, especially when they come early.  I'll update the Guide right after the Vancouver show to give you a better indication of entry procedures, the floor, etc.  Hope to see you in the GA too!

Cheers!

Joe

Fantastic - I'll be at the last 4 in NY as well, and the 3rd one in Boston. Hope to see you there.

Awesome work, very, very useful !

Merci beaucoup

PS : Joe, let me know about the croissants ;)

Awesome guide Joe, thanks for all the work you put into it - I remember enjoying it for 360 too

Hey, how was the pizza that the crew delivered to you guys at Rogers Arena last night? #awesomeibet

I just saw you in the "2 days to go" teaser video as well, congratulations!!

Awesome guide Joe, thanks for all the work you put into it - I remember enjoying it for 360 too

Hey, how was the pizza that the crew delivered to you guys at Rogers Arena last night? #awesomeibet

I just saw you in the "2 days to go" teaser video as well, congratulations!!

Just saw that too, hope you have fun :)

Hi all . I am in aus ,Gold Coast ,I am going to Turin for both shows . First night in stand and 2nd night in GA bit day only send me the ticket for the first night when I am in the stands and day said day don't send the tickets for GA u have to pick up on the day of concert a hour before show . Is this right .? I printed it out too

Hey Mike - thanks!  Good to be back.  I'll be attending the first Vancouver show, the last 4 in NY and the last 4 in London; and possibly the Dublin shows when they're finally announced!

Hey ddarroch.  Appreciate you sharing the Guide.  It's meant to help fans understand what happens when they arrive at the venue, especially when they come early.  I'll update the Guide right after the Vancouver show to give you a better indication of entry procedures, the floor, etc.  Hope to see you in the GA too!

Cheers!

Joe

Joe - great guide, as ever. See you in London - I'm at the 30th and the 2nd shows 

Have a fantastic time tonight! We spotted you in the background on a news report from Vancouver :) 

Good info Joe, may see you in London mate  :)

I'll be in London for 6 shows so be interesting to see how GA goes there, I've also heard you get let in early. I'd imagine there won't be as many entrances to the arena's unlike some stadium venues, Paris was a nightmare in 2010, it was crush central at our gate (one of many) and we were lucky to get in the pit even though we started queuing at 8am.

Put me off queuing although arenas should be different. I actually don't see the point of queuing to early as there seems to be no pit and there's quite an array of decent spots from front I stage, down the walk and the B stage or e as it will be. I'll will queue early for the first few shows but after may not depending on how it goes. 

Pete - has someone grown a beard?

I want to thank you for all your time you took to help us out.  I've done many Springsteen GA tickets but wasn't  sure how U2 in Boston will work.  I am curious, how many times have you seen U2?  I am embarrassed to say these will be my first two times.  I have tickets to the 3rd and 4th show at TD Boston, the 3rd show is my GA ticket.   I would appreciate any advise you might have for this venue.  I've only been there once to see Barry Gibb a year ago.  

Hi Joe!

Did you find out where the RED zone tickets are??  Im going to Forum, LA. ..

thanks!!

Hi Joe!

Did you find out where the RED zone tickets are??  Im going to Forum, LA. ..

thanks!!

No offense, but read Joe's guide (at the beginning of this thread).  RZ info is there.

san jose specific ga info : http://sapcenter.s3.amazonaws.com/doc/Handout-GA-Line-Management-U2-Updated.pdf

SAP Center at San Jose U2 - General Admission Line Policy May 18th and 19th, 2015 (Subject to Change)

SAP Center at San Jose welcomes guests with General Admission (GA) paperless tickets to arrive and form the line in advance of typical arrival times for events. All guests are required to abide by the provisions within the following policy.

Ticket holders found in violation of the following policy may be asked to surrender their paperless tickets and leave SAP Center property.

 The GA line will be formed along the Santa Clara Street wall of SAP Center as indicated by signs saying “General Admission Entrance.”

The GA line will enter SAP Center through “Entrance B” (the doors between the Grill Restaurant and the Sharks Store).

 GA paperless ticket holders may begin lining up at 8:00am on the date of show.

 Entering the GA line indicates the guest’s agreement to abide by all SAP Center policies and procedures (the same as while inside the building).

 Upon arrival, each guest who indicates he or she has GA floor seating will have a sequentially numbered wristband put on his or her right wrist. Wristbands will be distributed at 9:00am (subject to change).

 Since the seating area on the floor of the arena has been issued via paperless tickets, guests will not need to have a ticket in their possession to wait in line. However, all guests in a party, meaning all those attending with the guest that purchased the paperless tickets, must be present at the same time to receive the numbered wristbands.

 The order of entrance into the building will be based on the number on the guest’s wristband. Wristbands will be provided on a first come, first served basis. Once a GA ticket holder has their wristband, they may remain in line or leave the area, but must return to their sequential place in line by 5:00pm.

 GA ticket holders who have paid for parking in one of the SAP Center parking lots and elect to leave after receiving their wristband will have their money refunded as they leave the parking lot. There are no in-n-out privileges in the SAP Center managed parking lots after 3:00pm.

 Other ticket holders must remain outside of the blockaders that separate the GA line.

 Guests are not permitted to “hold” a place in line for other guests who are arriving later.

 The wristband must remain on the guest’s right wrist while in line. Loss or removal of the wristband will require the guest to obtain another wristband and take their sequential place in line. Any guest found with a tampered wristband will have his or her wristband confiscated and will lose their place in line.

 GA ticket holders will be admitted in sequential order once doors are opened, scheduled for 6:00pm.

 Guests with paperless tickets must have in their possession the credit card used to purchase the tickets to enter. When receiving paperless tickets at the entrance, all guests in the party must be present and immediately enter at the same time.

 Guests are permitted to have a reasonable amount of food and non-alcoholic beverages while in line. No bottles (including water bottles), cans or food are allowed into the building.  Please be respectful of other guests in line - no running, pushing or line jumping; no alcohol, drugs or glass containers; no horseplay or unsafe behavior; no profanity; no tailgating, open flames or barbeques; no selling of tickets, wristbands, concessions or merchandise; no animals (except service animals); no smoking in line.

 Prohibited Items: The following items are prohibited from entering the building: all outside food and beverages, weapons of any kind, pepper spray/mace, alcohol, cameras with detachable lenses, video recording equipment, audio recording equipment, laser pointers, fireworks, iPads, GoPros, selfie-sticks, glow sticks, glass bottles, plastic bottles, or cans.

Any person with these items found within the venue during tonight’s event may be subject to ejection from the venue without refund. Thanks – Have a Great Time!!

Lots of helpful info for San Jose GAers--thanks, Bigwave.  Especially notable is the "show up and get a numbered wristband, and then you can leave and come back later" policy, which is unusual.  It'd be great if all venues provided GA info this detailed; I'm not holding my breath!

Sign in to follow this