Sign in to follow this  
jahorro

Update: Joe’s Guide to U2's General Admission

Can anyone say whether they have allowed someone to swipe their credit card at the entrance and hand the slips over to others?   Found someone who wants to sell me their tickets this way for the 7/2 Chicago show. 

That seems plausible, so long as the card outputs the seat locator slips and are given to you, then you're good to go.

Can anyone say whether they have allowed someone to swipe their credit card at the entrance and hand the slips over to others?   Found someone who wants to sell me their tickets this way for the 7/2 Chicago show. 

Yes, I saw this work in LA.

I am so hyped to see U2 in NYC. I have tickets to the first two nights.  Any idea where the line will start? And where are the boys most likely to enter?  I hope they are accessible in NYC as they have been so far.   

Thanks for this detailed post, Joe!  Brilliant!

Anybody have a heads up on the GA line for Toronto?  Time?  Rules? etc

Cheers!

The GA line has already started.  Might want to head down there to get your number.  The venue will be issuing wristbands.  Good luck!

I am so hyped to see U2 in NYC. I have tickets to the first two nights.  Any idea where the line will start? And where are the boys most likely to enter?  I hope they are accessible in NYC as they have been so far.   

When I saw U2 in New York at MSG during the Vertigo Tour, where U2 entered was close to the GA line, so it was perfect!

Cheers!

The GA line has already started.  Might want to head down there to get your number.  The venue will be issuing wristbands.  Good luck!

Thanks!  Got numbered.  Do you know if the venue checks the id and cc when the wristbands are issued or will it just be scanned cc right before entering.  Seems smoother to do the check with the wristbands.

Anyone know the Boston GA policy yet?  I've read two rumors, one being a random draw for #1 in line after the wristbands are passed out??

Cheers!

Thanks!  Got numbered.  Do you know if the venue checks the id and cc when the wristbands are issued or will it just be scanned cc right before entering.  Seems smoother to do the check with the wristbands.

From my understanding, venues haven't been checking ID because it takes time, and their primary concern is to get people in quickly and safely.  But each venue has different policy, so best to call them ahead of time and check.

Anyone know the Boston GA policy yet?  I've read two rumors, one being a random draw for #1 in line after the wristbands are passed out??

I'd be really surprised if there was a random draw for #1 in line.  From my experience of the GA for this tour and from what I've heard from friends, there is little advantage to being #1 in line - unless you want to manage the queue, which is a lot of work.  There no longer is 'front-row-centre' and the best spots aren't necessarily at the very front.  Considering the band spends about 40% at the e-stage, those places are just as good as the front.  If people want rail space, there is plenty of it along the catwalk, where you can get an unobstructed view, and have something to lean on during the show.  I was #1 in Vancouver and my best friend, who came a few days later, was just a few people behind me, but also along the rails.  He was around #137.  I really think the tour management put some thought into maximizing the experience for all fans arriving at different times.

And now this from @atu2 - "Per TD Garden Staff - #U2ieTour Boston GA line will not be allowed on TD Garden property until 6 a.m. day of show for security reasons. NO staff will organize GA line until closer to doors open. All lineups are at your own risk. It's up to the fan who decides to run the GA line. The CS agent was very specific to say Garden staff not responsible. "

I sure hope we'll be able to get our spot, go chill somewhere, and get back in line at 4 or 5 ish. That's what most other cities have done, right?

And now this from @atu2 - "Per TD Garden Staff - #U2ieTour Boston GA line will not be allowed on TD Garden property until 6 a.m. day of show for security reasons. NO staff will organize GA line until closer to doors open. All lineups are at your own risk. It's up to the fan who decides to run the GA line. The CS agent was very specific to say Garden staff not responsible. "

I sure hope we'll be able to get our spot, go chill somewhere, and get back in line at 4 or 5 ish. That's what most other cities have done, right?

In some, like LA I believe, but that's because the venue handed out wristbands.  If I were you, be prepared to line up on the day of the show.  The check-in system has usually applied on the day(s) before the show.

Ok...so where/when will the "pre-line" start? I am getting to Boston late Thursday afternoon and plan to head over and see if anyone has started a line.

West side of TD center (Bobby Orr statue) but they say no one can step on property until 6:00 am Friday

I guess I should have clarified:where are people gathering before 6 AM?

Hi Joe,

Great info thanks! I'm in Miami and flying to New York for the first two shows at Madison Square Garden. I wanted to try and meet/see them when they arrive for soundcheck. You mention that NY was one of the places where you achieved this. You say to get there around 3-4pm but do you recall which entrance they enter by at MSG or where you stood?

Thank you

Hi Joe,

Great info thanks! I'm in Miami and flying to New York for the first two shows at Madison Square Garden. I wanted to try and meet/see them when they arrive for soundcheck. You mention that NY was one of the places where you achieved this. You say to get there around 3-4pm but do you recall which entrance they enter by at MSG or where you stood?

Thank you

I can't remember which entrance they entered.  I understand there has been some renovations to MSG since 2005, so the entrances and lay out may have changed.  Get to MSG around 2 and walk around to see where the fans are gathering to meet the band.  It'll ensure you get a good spot for when they arrive.

When I saw U2 in New York at MSG during the Vertigo Tour, where U2 entered was close to the GA line, so it was perfect!

Excellent! Thank you.

I just received the email about the GA wristband process for the show I am going to tomorrow night. They said the wristband process starts at 8am! I only bought the GA ticket because it was the cheapest ticket I could get. I don't care about being upfront. I also can't afford to go into Boston twice. I also don't want to go into Boston that early for a show. Will I still get in the GA area when I show up later in the day for the show? I have had bad experiences with GA in the past and want to avoid any confrontations at the show. I just want to enjoy the show, as I have in the past.   

I just received the email about the GA wristband process for the show I am going to tomorrow night. They said the wristband process starts at 8am! I only bought the GA ticket because it was the cheapest ticket I could get. I don't care about being upfront. I also can't afford to go into Boston twice. I also don't want to go into Boston that early for a show. Will I still get in the GA area when I show up later in the day for the show? I have had bad experiences with GA in the past and want to avoid any confrontations at the show. I just want to enjoy the show, as I have in the past.   

I don't think you have anything to worry about.  The wristband issued by the venue allows fans to get the wristband, go away for the day (go rest, sleep, site-see, etc.), and then come back late afternoon (5pm, is it?), to go into the venue.

If you show up later in the day, from what people have been saying online, you can still get a great spot anywhere on the floor.  You'll probably be just a few rows back from any rail position.  People have a lot of choice of where to go, it's not just the front anymore.  The e-stage, the front, stage, and catwalk - lots of choice.  Additionally, being at the very front of any of the rails, precludes enjoying the screen - which is part of the experience.

Hope you had a great time!

Thanks for the guide Joe!

Quick question me and my sister are flying in from London tomorrow for Sundays show in NY, just wondering of the queuing process there, do you or anyone else on this forum have any tips of when we should start queuing and what the process will be? When I went to Miami 4 years ago I got there around 5am?

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Ari

Thanks for the guide Joe!

Quick question me and my sister are flying in from London tomorrow for Sundays show in NY, just wondering of the queuing process there, do you or anyone else on this forum have any tips of when we should start queuing and what the process will be? When I went to Miami 4 years ago I got there around 5am?

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Ari

Hey Ari,

Since you are arriving for night 2 in NY, there will be a lot of GAers going to the first night and then heading back in line for the second show.  I'd suggest once you arrive in NY, head over to the queue, ask around of who is managing the line or is planning to manage the Sunday line.  Ask what kinds of protocols they have in mind and if they have communicated with the venue staff.  If you're there in time, hang around MSG between 2 and 5, and you may get the chance to meet the band.

If that is a bit much for you and your sister, you should be fine getting to the queue at 5AM on Sunday.  There is plenty of rail (if that's what you two are seeking), so you should be okay at that arrival time.

Have fun!

Joe

Sign in to follow this