Sign in to follow this  
jahorro

Update: Joe’s Guide to U2's General Admission

Thanks you Joe, I followed your information as a guide and was able to see Bono and Larry when they arrived for sound check for the 1st NYC show. Adam and Edge just had their car enter the building and did not get down for the fans. Bono signed my North Side Story book, it was an unbelievable experience. I wanted to share my details in case it answers other U2 fans' questions and maybe they can see the band as well. The band entered the arena by the loading docks on West 33rd st between 7th and 8th Ave. They arrived separately in black Chevy Suburbans. I arrived to the loading docks at 11:50 and there was already people standing around so I would probably get there around 11:30. The security created a pen for the crowd with barricades. Make sure that you are right up on the barricade or you might not get an autograph (but you will see them up close). Bono arrived around 2pm and greeted fans. The last one to arrive was Larry and he got there at around 3:15. He doesn't sign autographs but he does shake hands will take a picture with you. Thanks again Joe and I hope this helps everyone else attending any of the upcoming NYC shows.

Does anyone know what time they're letting GA people in at the MSG shows? I decided to forgo lining up this time around but I'd still like to get there a little before the doors open. 

What does the GA02 and GA1 on the tickets mean? Can anyone explain?

Thanks

What does the GA02 and GA1 on the tickets mean? Can anyone explain?

Thanks

Nothing at all--it's an internal TM code with no significance to ticketholders.

Thanks you Joe, I followed your information as a guide and was able to see Bono and Larry when they arrived for sound check for the 1st NYC show. Adam and Edge just had their car enter the building and did not get down for the fans. Bono signed my North Side Story book, it was an unbelievable experience. I wanted to share my details in case it answers other U2 fans' questions and maybe they can see the band as well. The band entered the arena by the loading docks on West 33rd st between 7th and 8th Ave. They arrived separately in black Chevy Suburbans. I arrived to the loading docks at 11:50 and there was already people standing around so I would probably get there around 11:30. The security created a pen for the crowd with barricades. Make sure that you are right up on the barricade or you might not get an autograph (but you will see them up close). Bono arrived around 2pm and greeted fans. The last one to arrive was Larry and he got there at around 3:15. He doesn't sign autographs but he does shake hands will take a picture with you. Thanks again Joe and I hope this helps everyone else attending any of the upcoming NYC shows.

Thanks for the details!  I'll be arriving into NY this Saturday and will see U2 for their last 4 shows.  Appreciate the head's up of where they'll be entering.  Glad you got a chance to!

Does anyone know what time they're letting GA people in at the MSG shows? I decided to forgo lining up this time around but I'd still like to get there a little before the doors open. 

I believe it's around 4:30.

4:30??  Really?  That would be very different then for everywhere else, when it's been more like 5:30.  4:30 would be even stranger, given that the NYC start time is somewhat later.  Are you sure?

Joe, just saw a post from a GA person who went to both Sat. and Sun. (NYC 1 & 2)--said they started letting GA in around 5:45 both days.  Definitely not 4:30!

Joe, just saw a post from a GA person who went to both Sat. and Sun. (NYC 1 & 2)--said they started letting GA in around 5:45 both days.  Definitely not 4:30!

I'm probably wrong. I was going by the pictures on Instagram and twitter of people arriving on the GA floor and my time (PST).  I must have had the time difference wrong.  Sorry about that.

Seeing how different the setup is for the Dublin shows, any idea of those who've been to the 3Arena of where the entrance(s) are to the floor?

I understand the 3Arena fits at most 14,500 fans (seated + standing).  With the e-stage and catwalk, I reckon the venue will have about 13,500-14,000 fans total.  What do you think the GA floor capacity will be judging by this stage layout?  1000... 2000 ... 3000?

L_408.png

Seeing how different the setup is for the Dublin shows, any idea of those who've been to the 3Arena of where the entrance(s) are to the floor?

I understand the 3Arena fits at most 14,500 fans (seated + standing). With the e-stage and catwalk, I reckon the venue will have about 13,500-14,000 fans total. What do you think the GA floor capacity will be judging by this stage layout? 1000... 2000 ... 3000?

Venue layout will be different for U2-gigs because they will remove the first 20 rows of the lower bowl what will brings GA-capacity above 5000! Wikipedia says GA of 8000 is possible in 3Arena, but some of that space will make place for the e-stage and catwalk.

This is what GA-Floor looks like without the first 20 rows:

14398_10153032183434372_5074039676666113

I understand the 3Arena fits at most 14,500 fans (seated + standing). With the e-stage and catwalk, I reckon the venue will have about 13,500-14,000 fans total. What do you think the GA floor capacity will be judging by this stage layout? 1000... 2000 ... 3000?

Venue layout will be different for U2-gigs because they will remove the first 20 rows of the lower bowl what will brings GA-capacity above 5000! Wikipedia says GA of 8000 is possible in 3Arena, but some of that space will make place for the e-stage and catwalk.

This is what GA-Floor looks like without the first 20 rows:

That makes sense - thanks for that!  I can now see how the large screen will fit.  It'll be a pretty amazing in there!

ok london is not long now  :)

so how does the entrance to the north and south sides work? is there 1 main entrance for both outside and then just a run for the side of your choice once inside? or do they split you up outside before entering the arena? do they close off the sides once full?

so how does the entrance to the north and south sides work? is there 1 main entrance for both outside and then just a run for the side of your choice once inside? or do they split you up outside before entering the arena? do they close off the sides once full?

Well, the entrance for standing at The O2 is entrance F, which is northside. Not sure whether they'll be letting standing people in through A and B, which are southside.

okay thanks. will just have to wait and see how it all pans out on the day i think rather than second guess what might happen. got another shot on 29th if it all goes tits on the 25th :rolleyes:

Yes, thanks for all this information.  I've done the pit queuing for Springsteen gigs, but never for U2, but this is different being an arena, and the layout as it is. 

I'm going on 2/11, couldn't get GA for the earlier dates and couldn't afford seats.  I prefer GA anyway. 

I've only been to the O2 for all-seated events, so will be grateful for any tips.

Really looking forward to this now, suddenly it's soon!  :)

Revisiting the advice on this thread as it's only 10 days away now!  :D

Indeed! I can't wait  :D

Well, the entrance for standing at The O2 is entrance F, which is northside. Not sure whether they'll be letting standing people in through A and B, which are southside.

is edge northside?

is edge northside?

Edge will be southside.

I have bought to GA tickets thru Stubhub for the 3rd of november show, but got an email today which said that the order was cancelled because of the credit card tickets. I am so pissed of!!! So now I have to find other tickets for this show. I have given up finding GA tickets, so then I must ourchase seats in stead. What is the best seats in the O2 arena for the U2 gig? Some say 101/112, and some say 102/111. Please respon as I have to buy tickets soon.

Sign in to follow this