Sign in to follow this  
jonboy77

Is Vivid Seats legit?

Hey fellow U2-ers, 

Im a long time fan &  subscriber since the old Propaganda days. I got shut out for GA tix for Boston. I found a site that is selling GAs for a reasonable price and want to know if anyone has any experience (pardon the pun) with this reseller. I know the whole credit card set up for GAs on this tour, so I want to know if I should trust GAs purchased from Vivid Seats: http://www.vividseats.com/

Let me know, 

Thanks all!

-Jon

vivid is legit. But im suspect of anyone selling GA's from 3rd party. Basically anyone reselling tickets needs to be in the GA line and have the card with them to let you in. Im still not sure if this means they can simply be a "guardian" and help you enter, then leave. OR if they must be going in the show as well.

It defeats the whole anti-scaling attempt if they can just come down and use the card to let you in without them.

I checked with a ticket broker friend who said that Vivid is legit- I bought tickets from them and I am told that the tickets were purchased using a prepaid credit card.  I am also told that the same card is in a fedex truck headed to my house this week.  I can follow up once I receive the card...

reasonable??? at over 330 bucks a piece.. I say not.. Thats insane..

people there will be ticket drops for all shows including  the Boston shows..

I need 2 GAs for Boston 2 and am looking around but ultimately waiting for the ticket drop.

I came across this forum when researching Vivid Seats. So, crazyu2fan, when do tickets typically drop for GA? I'm waiting and checking constantly. Right now, I have my eye on some GA tickets for $190 for the Sunday show in Chicago. I'm nervous not to snatch them up, but I'd love to get them for less if possible. It's just so incredibly nerve-wracking waiting to see if they will or will not drop.... I have the hotel, childcare arranged for my kids, and I'm driving 6 hours for the show, so I want to be sure I can get the GA tickets... How long would you suggest waiting to see if they drop before going ahead to buy from Stubhub or Vivid?

Vivid is wonderful until you get the convenience charges..... they added an extra 80 bucks per ticket!!!! not happening!!!

My Vivid Seats story- I had purchased 2 GA tickets to the July 15 show in Boston back in January or February. Debit card was mailed to my house. I entered the venue last night and the debit card is invalid. I am directed to talk to box office. Box office tells me that they cannot do anything but I should call Vivid Seats. Now I am flustered and actually enter train station to go home. I have the email receipt with me and notice a phone number and I say what the heck.... I call Vivid and tell them my story. They call around and arranged for 2 GA tickets that I pick up from a guy in front of the venue. All of this was done in less than 15 minutes. So they made good and my wife and I still were able to grab our desired spot by the E Stage.

Sign in to follow this