bigwave

Vancouver Shows 1 & 2 #U2ieTour Live Thread

Timetable_Top_03_zpstsarotyw.jpg

Timetable_time_01_zpskp43lmnp.jpg

Timetable_time_02_zpshdx0m9mz.jpg

Timetable_time_03_zpsekhkrjgn.jpg

Timetable_time_04_zpszhtpaokz.jpg

Timetable_time_bottom_zpsdyxjophk.jpg

this will be the Vancouver shows live thread, we are just setting this forum up so info may change over the next day or 2, graphics & links will be added to the top post...

HEADS UP - there has just been a production ticket drop for both Vancouver shows (now the stage is set up) - be quick if you missed out on tickets, these will go very quickly : Thursday 14th May  Friday 15th May

The good folk @atu2 have been in contact with the U2 comms team, and are running an updating iNNOCENCE & eXPERIENCE FAQ over here : 

http://www.atu2.com/news/u2-innocence--experience-tour-faq.html

You will want to bookmark that page and view regularly, & we will add updated info for the shows also when it comes in - Q&A's to date :

When can I get in the GA line and where it will begin?

Where in the arena will the RED Zone be located?

Are there really two separate GA sections, North and South? Do fans have to go into the section indicated on the GA ticket purchase receipt?

What's the camera policy for the tour?

No opening act for the tour
------------------------------------------------

UPDATED TOUR FAQ 12th May http://www.u2.com/help

Will there be an official hashtag for each show, or are we using #U2ieTour...or the shorter #U2ie? Want to make sure we're all going by the same hashtag to follow along or to add to social content.

Alright folks glad to be back. are we allowed to discuss what has been going on (rehearsals, staging, etc) or people want to keep it secret until the tour starts?

Was coming to post the same thing. Crazy to me that camping out has started all ready!! Enjoy Vancouver people, it's a beautiful city and there isn't going to be a bad spot the floor.

Please, refrain for less than 3 days more :lol:

Lol Monica I got bw's approval  :P

How about this: I'll write my spoiler stuff in another font color and you need to scroll over to see it. 

Like this: "U2 are playing in Vancouver"

Edited by danielsentana

like this

you can always user the bbcode

Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 23.51.03.png

Screen Shot 2015-05-11 at 23.51.17.png

In that case

What do people think of the rehearsed songs so far?
Any more rarities being kept from us?

The total list of songs rehearsed is (source u2gigs.com):

New songs: California (There Is No End To Love), Cedarwood Road, Every Breaking Wave (full band and acoustic versions), Invisible, Iris (Hold Me Close), The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone), Ordinary Love, Raised By Wolves, Song For Someone, The Troubles, Volcano.
Old songs: Angel Of Harlem, Bad, Beautiful Day, Bullet The Blue Sky, City Of Blinding Lights, Desire, Elevation, Even Better Than The Real Thing, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, I Will Follow, Magnificent, Miracle Drug, Moment Of Surrender, Mysterious Ways, No Line On The Horizon, One, One Step Closer, Out Of Control, Playboy Mansion, Pride, Running To Stand Still, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Sweetest Thing, The Electric Co., The Fly, The Ground Beneath Her Feet, The Hands That Built America, Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World, Until The End Of The World, Vertigo, Where The Streets Have No Name, and With Or Without You.

This is good info in the posted article. Having said that it appears the rough schematic at ticket purchasing time was completely wrong as to where the Red Zone will be.

Any word on how Larry Mullen Sr.'s passing going to affect Larry and the band for these shows? 

My deepest condolences to poor Larry  :(

ooo my first live thread :D now I just have to work out the time difference.

what time does U2 hit the stage?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

What??? Already??? Dear me!!!

Anyway, quick question...I have been meaning to ask this for ages but giving the tour is round the corner...

Are live streamings done/allowed? I had the chance to enjoy some live streaming concerts in Jan/Feb this year for another band and they were extremely enjoyable.  Of course it won't be like being at the actual concert but for those who can't go to any of them could be actually very valuable.  

Again, it is just a a tiny enquiry and out of curiosity... :)

Any word on how Larry Mullen Sr.'s passing going to affect Larry and the band for these shows? 

Didn't know about that. Hope he's alright.

Ooh it's starting to feel real:)

My deepest condolences to poor Larry :(

Didn't know about that. Hope he's alright.

Very sad news.

U2 show to go ahead

"After initial speculation today that U2 would have to cancel the opening night of their first tour in four years, RTÉ TEN has received official confirmation from a U2 spokesperson that the band's Vancouver show will go ahead as planned.  
The band will attend the funeral and then travel to Vancouver by private jet."

I do feel badly for Larry.... sad timing. Happened on Sunday, right? I would think it would be difficult to jump on a tour right away. But with his dedication to fans, I think if it was going to change anything we would know by now... 

Edited by nikki1120

BTW, I'm packing for Vancouver today!!  Heading up tomorrow!  Anjana.... remember PattiH?  I think we will finally meet!

bigwave - the links in blue that go to atu2.com are coming up as this  :mellow:

This web page is not available
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

bigwave - the links in blue that go to atu2.com are coming up as this :mellow:

According to Twitter @U2 is having server issues.

bigwave - the links in blue that go to atu2.com are coming up as this  :mellow:

@u2 has been loading sporadicly for me today.  They might be having server issues.