Sign in to follow this  
Richvondeez

Meeting The Band/Autographs - LA

Does anyone plan on waiting outside The Forum to meet the band as they drive in for sound check? Myybe get a photo or autograph with the members? If anyone has details of where the entrance would be or what time sound check is, etc. it would be greatly appreciated. 

TOUR starts tonight!!

Count me in  :) No idea where to actually find them though

I'm down. Would love to see the band and maybe get a photo or autograph. Never been to the Forum, and I'll be there for Night 1, so I haven't any idea how or where to get this chance.

I'll be there! Granted I've not had luck in seeing the band but the times I have tried I've just wandered around the arena until you spot a crowd. Some of their crew are pretty cool about it and if you ask nicely they'll tell you - they've got to be use to it by now... lol :) 

I do know this tour, they are stopping as they arrive not as they leave. Learned that lesson in Vancouver

I plan to be there a bit early, anyone have any idea what time the band usually heads in for sound check and such?

No idea... I was planning on arriving at about 1pm myself as they have arrived anywhere from about 2 - 4pm or so

No idea... I was planning on arriving at about 1pm myself as they have arrived anywhere from about 2 - 4pm or so

Hm. That's about the time I planned to arrive. I'll be coming from the Palm Springs area, so I was wondering if I'd even get there in time.

In San Jose, they came out to sign autographs around 3:30 ish the first day and around 2 the second day and they came out by the gated loading dock... Good luck!! (Now if I could just get some GA tickets for the LA shows...)

Thanks for the info!

Keep your eye out for a GA ticket drop. They usually happen about 24 to 48 hours prior

In Phoenix, day 1 - Bono and Adam came out around 3 ish.

Day 2 - Edge came out around 2:30 (someone correct me if I'm mistaken).

Did anyone one have any luck meeting them yesterday? I may be missing the prime time to see them as I don't get off work until 5pm. Hope everyone has good luck! 

They came around 3:15-3:30. Bono and Larry. Both were amazingly sweet -- Bono signed autographs for about 10 minutes and Larry shook hands! :D Like the others said, 2-4 is the magic hour.

Where *exactly* did they come out?? I going down there on the 3rd and I'm going really early in hopes of meeting the rest of the band!! If anyone has ANY info, I'd be grateful!!! :)

Where *exactly* did they come out?? I going down there on the 3rd and I'm going really early in hopes of meeting the rest of the band!! If anyone has ANY info, I'd be grateful!!! :)

Across the street from the GA line. That driveway..where all the trucks are. You'll see a barricade there. Bono and Larry were in separate black SUV type vehicles. Good Luck!

Edited by U2LAWoman

I'll be there! Granted I've not had luck in seeing the band but the times I have tried I've just wandered around the arena until you spot a crowd. Some of their crew are pretty cool about it and if you ask nicely they'll tell you - they've got to be use to it by now... lol :)

I do know this tour, they are stopping as they arrive not as they leave. Learned that lesson in Vancouver

don't give up. I finally got my chance in Phoenix. Got Adam and Bono's autograph. So glad I tried again after 10 years of no luck.

In Phoenix, day 1 - Bono and Adam came out around 3 ish.

Day 2 - Edge came out around 2:30 (someone correct me if I'm mistaken).

correct. more importantly, the ones on the front row of the barricade are the ones who get autographs, pictures or shake hands/meet them. so be early to guarantee your spot.

Omg you guys!!!! I met Bono!!! He signed my arm!! I got it tattooed this morning!!! Can someone please tell me how the heck I can post a picture!????

Omg you guys!!!! I met Bono!!! He signed my arm!! I got it tattooed this morning!!! Can someone please tell me how the heck I can post a picture!????

there are a couple of ways to post in a topic, and you can also create a gallery album & upload there (some of those image get featured on zoo front page)

Zoo FAQ for posting (inc attachments) http://zootopia.u2.com/index.php?app=core&module=help&do=01&HID=6

gallery faq : http://zootopia.u2.com/index.php?app=core&module=help&do=01&HID=11

any problem's if you can PM & will check the posting gallery / features are doing what they should be. thx

Thank you!!! I'll get right on it this evening after I drive back home from LA!!! The show was soooooooo amazing!!! Getting signed was soooo amazing!! Best day EVER!!!!! :)

How fabulous lunachic..!!! Look forward to seeing it. There was another girl on the 26th who had Bono put a heart on her neck with a Magic Marker.. ;) it was that blue one..the same marker he used on my record purse he signed as well. :D  It's in the other meeting the band thread if you wanna see it. It's a tricky thing..isn't it..you have to keep it on your skin until you can get to the tattoo shop..and we were all talking about how difficult that might be.. with all the jumping, sweaty and rock and roll moving about at the concert!! :lol:

That's why I went and got it tattooed the next morning!! As soon as I get home and can resize the picture, I will post it!! :)

Well... At least I was able to change my profile pic to show my new tattoo!! ;)

Well... At least I was able to change my profile pic to show my new tattoo!! ;)

Wow..it's awesome..!!! And it has a heart for the second O. Beautiful.....thanks for showing, it really came out the best! If Bono ever needs a day job he can design tattoos.. :lol:

Sign in to follow this