Sign in to follow this  
TanRick

Surprise in the setlist for Vancouver 5/14/15

I was surprised to see that no songs from Zooropa, No Line on the Horizon, Pop, Rattle and Hum or October made the first night of the tour setlist.

I know they can't fit in everything. I just thought the setlist would cover more of discography as a whole. Love that they got in Sweetest Things. I would have love to seen Electrical Storm, Crystal Ballroom, Window in the Skies, Love Comes to Town (BB King just died), Ordinary Love or A Celebration make the setlist. It would have been great to see some of those songs get some love on tour.

Setlist

1. The Miracle (Of Joey Remone)
  2. Out Of Control/Do You Remember Rock'n'Roll? (snippet)
  3. Vertigo/ God Save the Queen (snippet)
  4. I Will Follow
  5. Iris (Hold Me Close)
  6. Cedarwood Road
  7. Song For Someone
  8. Sunday Bloody Sunday (acoustic)
  9. Raised By Wolves/ Psalm 23 (snippet)
  10. Until The End Of The World
  11. Invisible
  12. Even Better Than The Real Thing
  13. Mysterious Ways/Burning Down The House (snippet)/Young Americans (snippet)
  14. Desire
  15. Sweetest Thing
  16. Every Breaking Way
  17. Bullet The Blue Sky
  18. The Hands That Built America/Pride (In The Name Of Love)
  19. The Troubles
  20. With Or Without You
  21. City Of Blinding Lights
  22. Beautiful Day/I Remember You
  23. Mother And Child Reunion (snippet)/Where The Streets Have No Name/California (There is No End To Love) (snippet)/All You Need Is Love (snippet)
  24. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For/Invisible (snippet)
Edited by TanRick

I would not be surprised if show #2 has a completely different set list, with a few songs being played from the first night. With the very sad news that BB King has passed, my guess is Bono will give a very moving tribute and dedicate "One" to him tomorrow night.

I would not be surprised if show #2 has a completely different set list, with a few songs being played from the first night. With the very sad news that BB King has passed, my guess is Bono will give a very moving tribute and dedicate "One" to him tomorrow night.

Unfortunately, the band has already said that show #2 will have an essentially identical first half, with the changes happening in the second half.  So we should still see some significant changes, but not huge.  Also, I too think they'll play "One" tonight--fits with the Experience theme.

May do a short, stripped down version of "When Love comes to Town" somewhere round Desire for BB.  "One" is a snoozfest inmo these days..sorry

I guarantee a BB King tribute will be added in now somehow.

Unfortunately, the band has already said that show #2 will have an essentially identical first half, with the changes happening in the second half.  So we should still see some significant changes, but not huge.  Also, I too think they'll play "One" tonight--fits with the Experience theme.

You were certainly right Mike, set list for night #2 was pretty close to the first night with the changes occuring in the second half. I was live streaming it from home, nice to hear them play "Bad" towards the end.

I was beyond thrilled to hear Sweetest Thing.  It is by far my favorite U2 song.  I know it has been played live before, but never at a concert I've been at.  So when Bono sat at the piano and played right in front of me me....oh I was such a happy camper.  Now, if they can play "40" on my birthday (7/31) at MSG my life will be complete (insert a wee bit of sarcasm here) I haven't heard this one played since Joshua Tree.  I'm not asking for much.  ;)

Love Comes to Town (BB King just died)

BB's death was reported hours after the first show ended, so no way to get it in night one.

Years back during The Vertigo tours there was a popular thread titled "Can, I have some Pop please Sir." Or something like that.  I loved it!

Discoteque would be great live again!

I miss the old forum formats and all of those familiar names. 

Sign in to follow this