Sign in to follow this  
ulla_j

Red Zone experiences?

Hi Gina--

The reason you haven't heard anything about this before is that NYC is the only venue in a state that prohibits CCE.  At all the other previous shows, CCE has been in effect (actually, Denver had some sort of venue-approved reselling thing too--not sure what was up with that).

I've posted an appeal to the mods to help sort this out on the main boards.

I would love to know the answer to this as well! I have Red Zone for 7/27 that I bought thru ticketmaster re-sale, so I have a barcode on my phone. This is stressing me out!

Anyone else have RZ for 7/27??

I hope someone posts about this situation too after the first show.  We purchased resale Red Zone tickets through Ticketmaster and want to know how these tickets are handled since we aren't the original ticket owner.  We have e-tickets. 

Hi Carsonwayne--

A major question for you.  Are the resold TM RZ tix now in your name?  You should have some kind of email from TM saying that you've now got the tix, etc.  On TM's site, they say that resold tix are "reissued in the name of the [new] buyer".  If this is really the case, then you can just print out TM's email/order page, bring your own ID, etc., and everything should be fine, right?

I actually just texted Emma and was shocked when she responded!  I explained our situation with Resale Red Zone tickets and she asked which show I was attending and then she said I needed to contact Ticketmaster.  We attended the Denver show in the Red Zone and it was amazing.  It makes me feel sick that we might not have the same entrance at the other Red Zone ppl and as a result, not the same experience. 

Ginapier- Please let us know what you find out at the show on Sunday!!  We really appreciate it!!!

I will even try to track down "Emma" and talk to her on Sunday if I can....Im certain many people are in the same boat as us and there would be chaos if they refused entry... Im sorry but entry to regular GA is not sufficient if we "purchased" red zone...  

I texted the guy I bout the ticket from on Ebay and asked him to call Ticket Master and provide an alternate pick up name but.... that is expecting a lot... I think we just have to wait and see ... Il keep you all posted :)

Hi Gina--

Judging from beershack's latest posts on the main board thread on this, you WILL be able to get into the RZ with your ebay RZ ticket--the only catch being that Emma says folks like you will have to wait until shortly before showtime, so you won't be able to get up on the front rail (which is not the best RZ spot IMHO anyway).  If you want to try to get in earlier, I would definitely email/text your ebay guy again--Emma says if you have a photocopy of the original purchaser's driver's license, you can get in on time (or, like you say, you can try to have the ebay guy call TM to get your name on the list--worst case, that doesn't work, but you still get in the RZ later).

Any updates on this topic since last night's show? Did anyone ask Emma? Thanks

Hey Gina--

As you know, the info we've gotten seems to suggest that you'll get in w/your ebay RZ tix just fine--with the (sort of) catch that Emma says ebay/RZ folks (who don't have photocopies of the original purchaser's driver's license) will have to wait until close to showtime to enter.  So, could you post ASAP after the show (or earlier, if you can from your phone) to let us all know how things go for you?

Hey Gina--

As you know, the info we've gotten seems to suggest that you'll get in w/your ebay RZ tix just fine--with the (sort of) catch that Emma says ebay/RZ folks (who don't have photocopies of the original purchaser's driver's license) will have to wait until close to showtime to enter.  So, could you post ASAP after the show (or earlier, if you can from your phone) to let us all know how things go for you?

Hi Mike

Im on my way to the arena now- I actually have an assigned seat for tonights show but I plan on asking as many questions as possible to prepare for my red zone show which is on the 27th! I'm hoping to meet the infamous Emma or even get some feedback from fellow red-zoners… Its the hottest day of the year so far so I hope I don't confront cranky peeps… Ill post as son as I can!!

Gina

Hey Gina--

Thanks, and have a great time at the show tonight!

Mike

Hey Gina--

As you know, the info we've gotten seems to suggest that you'll get in w/your ebay RZ tix just fine--with the (sort of) catch that Emma says ebay/RZ folks (who don't have photocopies of the original purchaser's driver's license) will have to wait until close to showtime to enter. So, could you post ASAP after the show (or earlier, if you can from your phone) to let us all know how things go for you?

Hi Mike

Im on my way to the arena now- I actually have an assigned seat for tonights show but I plan on asking as many questions as possible to prepare for my red zone show which is on the 27th! I'm hoping to meet the infamous Emma or even get some feedback from fellow red-zoners… Its the hottest day of the year so far so I hope I don't confront cranky peeps… Ill post as son as I can!!

Gina

Hey Gina I'm also RZ for 7/27!

I was in Red Zone 2 for Boston 3 and 4. Had the greatest time at Boston 3. Lots of room to boogie. Great view of Edge. Wonderful experience. Amazing.

Boston 4 was different. More crowded. A lot of back stage guests coming in during this show. Most cared less about the music. A lot of selfie pictures and people trying to talk over the music. Left to GA during middle. Loved that. Then came back to red zone towards the last third of show. Should have stayed in GA.

Since the regular seats are $300, I feel the red zone was a spectacular deal for my first show. Learned from the second show what to do in Europe for my couple of RZ shows. Overall, very happy with RZ and happy money goes to charity!

Anyone with update from 7/18 who was in Red Zone?? Please we are dying to know. I have hard tickets for Red Zone on July 26th and have no idea how they would check credit card or I.D. when they are hard copy with nobody's name or ID associated with them.

It'll be good to hear from more people, but according to Emma (the main RZ guru who's actually in charge of this), people in your position WILL get in to the RZ--but will have to wait until close to showtime to enter (unless you rebought through TM itself, in which case you're on the list, just bring your own ID).  At the same time, by all means, anybody who had (non-TM) resold RZ tix for these first two shows, please tell us what happened!

It'll be good to hear from more people, but according to Emma (the main RZ guru who's actually in charge of this), people in your position WILL get in to the RZ--but will have to wait until close to showtime to enter (unless you rebought through TM itself, in which case you're on the list, just bring your own ID). At the same time, by all means, anybody who had (non-TM) resold RZ tix for these first two shows, please tell us what happened!

I'm so relieved to here this!

Just got home… I got to the red zone line at 4:45 and was surprised to see only about 25-30 people there. I questioned a few people in line that have been to several of the shows- Yes you will get an email from Emma basically telling you where to meet on 31st and 8th, you can't miss it. You ARE required to bring photo id to get your wrist bands… Between the 100 degree heat and THAT .. I thought I was going to be sick!

I wait till 5:30 pm when "emma" came out to greet everyone and bring them inside- again surprised and the 50 people tops at this point. I spoke with a blonde employee who worked there and was assisting and explained the situation that I have a hard ticket but Imm not the original purchaser. She said I should try to get ticket master to add my name. I explained that was not possible. She said bring whatever documents you have showing where you bought it….

At this point Emma was instructing the line of people basically stating, once ID is shown you will get your wrist band and "commemorative tickets" if you don't have ID you will get in but will not get the commemorative tickets! (no big deal in my opinion so I was happy to hear that) She stated "Thats what happens when you buy it from a reseller instead of direct where the money goes to charity" I though that was an unnecessary comment but...

Bottom line… we will get in!

Now having seen the show and where the red zone is… Id much rather be in GA by the E stage. I think the red zone was very small and cramped and maybe 10 people get good spots up front...

Oh well

Hope this helps!

Hi Gina--

Thanks for the report.  One important detail, though--when emma said that folks with (non-TM) RZ tix would get in, did she say that they'd have to wait until close to showtime?  Or only (as you mention) that they wouldn't get the "commemorative" RZ ticket?  This also affects you, since if you want an RZ spot up on the main stage rail you should be early in the RZ line.

One other thing--I had RZ for Chicago, and thought it worked out quite well.  As you saw from your seats tonight, it's good to be able to see the whole screen (which is difficult up close to the main stage).  I actually think the best RZ spot is about halfway up--still close to the main stage, but able to see the screen.  Also, following some other RZers' advice, I suggest leaving the RZ around intermission and going into regular GA down by the b-stage.  You'll have a great view there, and can then simply return back down to the RZ, no sweat.  Remember, RZ can go in and out of regular GA at will.

OR...and you'll like this, I think...if you want, just go directly to the b-stage in regular GA from the get-go.

Hi Gina--

Thanks for the report.  One important detail, though--when emma said that folks with (non-TM) RZ tix would get in, did she say that they'd have to wait until close to showtime?  Or only (as you mention) that they wouldn't get the "commemorative" RZ ticket?  This also affects you, since if you want an RZ spot up on the main stage rail you should be early in the RZ line.

One other thing--I had RZ for Chicago, and thought it worked out quite well.  As you saw from your seats tonight, it's good to be able to see the whole screen (which is difficult up close to the main stage).  I actually think the best RZ spot is about halfway up--still close to the main stage, but able to see the screen.  Also, following some other RZers' advice, I suggest leaving the RZ around intermission and going into regular GA down by the b-stage.  You'll have a great view there, and can then simply return back down to the RZ, no sweat.  Remember, RZ can go in and out of regular GA at will.

OR...and you'll like this, I think...if you want, just go directly to the b-stage in regular GA from the get-go.

Everyone went inside at 5:30 regardless of ID, my impression was that we will all go in at the same time.

As for the screen- AMAZING and you definitely want to see it if it is your first and only show. Since I have already seen it, If I don't get front rail in red zone, or depending on how crowded the E stage is when we get in.. I may just go directly there...

Either way, no words can explain how amazing the show is…

Hi everyone,

I was able to reach Emma through text. I told her I had resale tickets for RZ through ticketmaster (e-tickets) and I was concerned that I would have to go to the back of the RZ line. She confirmed that I would be able to line up in the proper order in which I arrive. Not sure about the souvenir tickets or other perks. I didn't ask if my name would be automatically on a list because I bought my tickets on TM.

I hope this information helps some of you.

Thank you for the feedback

Your Welcome- I hope it eases some of the concerns.... I know I feel better about the whole thing! :D

Hi Gina--

Everyone went inside at 5:30 regardless of ID, my impression was that we will all go in at the same time.

As for the screen- AMAZING and you definitely want to see it if it is your first and only show. Since I have already seen it, If I don't get front rail in red zone, or depending on how crowded the E stage is when we get in.. I may just go directly there...

Either way, no words can explain how amazing the show is…

Hi Gina--

Thanks again for the info!

To clarify my earlier suggestion, if you can indeed get in with RZ folks on time, I'd definitely suggest you get there early (say, 3:00, maybe even a bit earlier) to make sure you're early in the RZ line.  Then, when they let you and the other RZers in (which occurs about the same time as letting regular GA in), you'll basically have your pick of any regular GA or RZ spot you want.  You could be center front stage, on the rail at the b-stage, whatever.  In other words, if you like, you can use your RZ ticket as a "super-GA" ticket, where you can get prime GA spots but only need to wait a fraction of the time you would to get a similar (regular GA) spot if you were in the regular GA line.  This is a major advantage of having RZ tix, if one cares to do this.

With this in mind, one more question (sorry I'm being so obsessive about this, but it applies to your options as well!).  You say that your impression was that all the RZers, with ID or not, entered at the same time (i.e., when they start letting RZ in, c. 5:30).  Are you sure?  Were there any non-TM rebuyers (e.g., ebay, like you) there that you knew of, who then entered on time?  Chances are good that there were, but just wondering if you actually saw/heard of this.  The reason I ask again is that "Emma" apparently told some people who texted her earlier (I think for the MSG 1) show that she was going to have people without the original ID wait until near showtime to enter--but now it sounds like maybe she's shifted, and letting everybody in on time (but perhaps holding back on the commemorative ticket or whatever).  Obviously, this affects people (like you) who rebought RZ (but not through TM)--i.e., whether they should show up earlier to get a better RZ (or regular GA) spot, or whether this would be pointless.

Mike

To answer your question above....

I do not know if there were other red zoners in line last night that did not have ID as I only spoke with a handful of them. What I do know is that Emma’s announcement was pretty clear to me that if you bought from a reseller you are getting in just not getting the commemorative ticket. I watched EVERYONE go in at the same time at 5:30.

HOWEVER….. They were brought inside the arena. I did not see the actual ID Checking process and I do not know what happened once everyone was in fact inside. I cannot imagine they let the non TM people wait until everyone else got in including the GA peeps. I really feel confident that we are all getting in with the red zone people just not getting the special ticket thing

When are you going? Would sure be great if other non TM peeps who are in the same boat as US can post their experience because while I feel much better after speaking with them last night, until I am in the door next week I will still have an uneasy feeling,…

Hope all goes well for everyone involved – sorry we hijacked this thread J

I have hard copy RZ tickets for July 26th that I got off Stubhub and am also uneasy about this. I am not original purchaser of course so should I bother bringing anything like stubhub receipt? Someone posted before that someone at MSG advised to bring any paperwork you have to prove you bought the ticket or something?

Can anyone who has done RZ in NYC so far give any more details into where the lineup starts?  I know the corner to go to, but if I get there before any signage goes up, as I did in Boston, I'm wondering about any more info on location.  Thanks!

All this info has been super helpful. As more folks report their experiences we are getting a clearer idea! Do I have the following correct for Madison Square Garden Red Zone procedures so far?

*For Red Zone questions we can contact Emma at 818-445-4353. She may not respond unless you contact her day of the show, but she might and texts seem to work.

*At this point it looks like any RZ ticket holders (e-ticket, hard, barcode on phone, etc.) will be able to line up in RZ area and be let in at the same time.

*RZ ticket holders go to 31st/8th street entrance.

*Offical RZ check in is 530 but it's advised to get there earlier, like 4, to secure a good spot on line.

*When RZ is let in you can then try to get good spot in GA or go right to RZ.

*All RZoners will be eligible to win a backstage tour if they are in RZ by 6:10.

Is this right so far?? Now can anyone answer the following?

*IF someone like me has a hard ticket and they are not the original purchaser, will there be any problem getting a wristband or being let in along with all other RZers? In other words are resold RZ tickets treated in any way differently than ones that were originally purchased?

*Is a RZ "package" different than simply a RZ ticket? Does a package have extra perks? For example is the chance to be chosen for backstage tour limited to packages? By wording on various places it seems like a package is different than just a ticket.

*For those who have hard tickets does your ticket say VIP on it somewhere? Do all RZ tickets say VIP?

Thanks to all for the help with this!!!

Edited by cathycritter

sooo, getting back on topic, even though I know you guys are all stressing about your ticket situation, and I can understand that, but....

how was RZ in NYC the first two nights? Who got rail at main stage and when did you line up??

Sign in to follow this