Sign in to follow this  
ulla_j

Red Zone experiences?

I see where you're coming from--a reasonable perspective, I'd say.  Myself, I'm glad it's the way it is, but your suggestion would still give regular GA a lot of good stuff, so I could deal w/that as well.  What I really wouldn't want to see is RZ getting the entire front rail; that'd be going too far, in my opinion.  At the same time, if they did, and I could somehow deal w/the $$, I'd be going RZ every time I could, hands-down.  Hell, as it stands, w/RZ getting the outer front rail, I'm very psyched about my upcoming RZ show (Chicago III).  For a long time it looked as if RZ was going to be only around the b-stage.

Also, not to belabor this point, again, RZers can enter regular GA (and return to RZ) if they wish--which gives them almost as good a crack at all the other prime regular GA spots as regular GA (if, as in the 360 tour, they let RZ in shortly after beginning to let regular GA in).

So the big question has still yet to be answered which I think will resolve many worries here:

Can you leave the Red Zone to go into GA?

At the 360 tour you could go in and out of the red zone which gave you access to the entire stage. 

LOL, Matt. It sounds like it, but hopefully by the time we get to our shows, we'll know that for positively absolutely sure from people who have done it and lived to tell the tale.

I sense your sharing my frustration Laura? Many people are guessing or assuming based on past experiences that you can move in and out of RZ. HA....has anyone actually physically done this in the first two shows?

Based on what I have seen it might be actually better to post up at the E stage then go in the RZ. Seems like you get a lot closer to the band at that end. But I like to move around. You can't cage me!

Edited by mattgarcia71

So the big question has still yet to be answered which I think will resolve many worries here:

At the 360 tour you could go in and out of the red zone which gave you access to the entire stage. 

This has already been resolved.  Yes, you can.

I sense your sharing my frustration Laura? Many people are guessing or assuming based on past experiences that you can move in and out of RZ. HA....has anyone actually physically done this in the first two shows?

Based on what I have seen it might be actually better to post up at the E stage then go in the RZ. Seems like you get a lot closer to the band at that end. But I like to move around. You can't cage me!

Don't know why you suggest that--RZ has close to 1/2 of the front main stage rail on each side--quite close, no?

Yeah I don't know Mike. You're probably right. I am just hypothesizing here. Some of the pictures I saw from RZ'ers were a distance from the stage. I guess it all depends how early you get there and get set up on the rail. It just seems like the band closes the distance to the fans on the E stage. 

And in reference to my earlier question. Unless I missed it I did not read from any earlier post where someone who actually physically went to the concert in Vancouveranswered with an absolute confirmation that you had access to RZ and GA. 

Edited by mattgarcia71

Yeah, w/RZ distance, it's true that one could be a ways back unless you're on or close to the main stage rail.  Speaking of which, I'd love an actual RZer to talk about how big the rail section is (vs. the outer "L" part close to the seats).  Oh, and I could be wrong, but my sense was that a Vancouver RZer did confirm you could go into regular GA.  Here's another thing about that, though: not only was this definitely the case on the 360 tour, but also, the way the current RZs are set up is, you're on the floor, and you have to show your RZ wristband to get into the RZ area.  But...you're already on the floor, so nothing stops you from simply going wherever you want on the regular GA floor (and never entering the RZs at all).  Or, once you're in the RZ, you can leave--and nobody's monitoring where you go.  So, all told, even if we don't yet have absolute confirmation from actual Vancouver RZers, it's extremely likely that RZ can go into regular GA simply because of the logistical setup.  Simply put, the RZs are designed to keep non-RZ folks out, not RZ folks in.

We had seats for Van1 and RZ1 for Van2...We were able to leave the RZ to GA and return to RZ when we wanted.  It was helpful to have seats for Van1...on RZ1 Van2 we were able to put ourselves in a good position of the e-stage prior to them doing a set of songs there...hope this helps

We had seats for Van1 and RZ1 for Van2...We were able to leave the RZ to GA and return to RZ when we wanted.  It was helpful to have seats for Van1...on RZ1 Van2 we were able to put ourselves in a good position of the e-stage prior to them doing a set of songs there...hope this helps

so there it is!!

Thanks! Did anyone in GA give you a hard time when you went to e-stage? Was everyone in GA and RZ moving all over the place the whole show?

We were respectful of those who positioned themselves up front at the e-stage...we got pretty close...and much closer than if we would have stayed in RZ.  Not many people moved around...especially those along the rail.  We did not get to see much of the screen the first night so I wanted the flexibility to have a good, not great spot, for the main stage, to be able to see the screen/catwalk and to be able to go to the e-stage.  I was very happy with that result...

Yes. Anytime. And return anytime.

RZers got 2 wristbands : one red and one for the south or north GA, depending on which RZ you're in

Edited by Introligator

I personally would still be uncomfortable "taking" a spot at the rail in the GA section from someone who might have been on line outside for a day or even more.

Eh, I wouldn't go that far...especially in a stage setup with an arena-long catwalk and second stage. ;-)

Yes. Anytime. And return anytime.

RZers got 2 wristbands : one red and one for the south or north GA, depending on which RZ you're in

Aha! Ok, thanks. Very interesting.  Was everyone packed in like sardines in GA, or Red Zone, for that matter?

For a long time it looked as if RZ was going to be only around the b-stage.

I think that is what has some people dissapointed because when Vancouver was first announced the show floor in fact did show RZ sections on either side of the B-stage and then it changed. I think it showed that for many of the shows, but the floor plan clearly was not 100% set in stone per say. I do think a great compromise though is what I had mentioned, just surprised they didn't go with that because RZ people should be given the best spots on the floor since they reached deep in their pockets to help support the charity and should be rewarded for their kindness.

Does anyone know what time Redzone is allowed into the venue as compared to GA?  

Yup, same as for the seats, layout has been flipped, so I found myself at the back of the main stage on second night instead of facing the e-stage.

Laura, GA pit was not crowded at all on the first show, I guess they could've allow 150/200 more people on each side.

Second night it appeared to be much more filled.

For Laura & others, here's the updated RZ plan for Vancouver again. So you can visualise it better.

Also, for those that want to be mobile, & see a bit of everything. From the show so far, I'd suggest;

* get there pretty early, & claim a spot on the rail of the main I-stage (rectangular).

* after about 4 songs, move down to the other end of RZ, closer to centre ice.

* at intermission (or during the first song into the second set), leave RZ into GA, & move to the other end of the arena, claiming a place by the circular e-stage.

* after EBW (yes a spoiler, but we all know it will be played), return to RZ.

post-359255-0-83330600-1431905238_thumb.jpg

Edited by ddarroch

Any other Red Zoners who went already who want to weigh in with their experiences? I think we're all pretty much looking for the same info: when did you get there, was there a lot of people in front of you already when you arrived, was it really 50 in each side like they first said, were you able to move around in the section at ease or was it packed, did everyone shift their spots around as the band went back and forth from e stage to main stage, that kinda thing.....thanks in advance!

I would love to hear from RZers on Laura's (and many others') questions as well!  This is basic info that will really help future RZers (like me!) plan their shows.

Hey Introligator and LWood--

Can you help us w/these questions as well?  (Although you've maybe already addressed some of the last part).  Oh, and one other question (see RLochner above).  What time was RZ let in, vs. regular GA?  In the 360 tour, regular GA was let in maybe 10-15 min. before RZ folks (which still allowed RZ people to get very good spots in GA if they wanted to).  And finally, any suggestions on when to get into the RZ line?  (e.g., to get on the main stage rail).

Edited by mike7man

You'd think I was there. Wish I was, but I am on the other side of the world ;)

We got to the RZ line around 5:30...maybe 20 people in line at that time...more came after to line up.  Get there earlier if you want better floor options to choose from.  I checked in with the friendly people at the RZ gate the night before and they were helpful about when the line started to form.  Doors did not open until 6:30ish.  I think GA was coming in a bit earlier...they were at a different gate on the other side of the arena.  Also the location of the RZ access was a trek for RZ1.  I agree with ddaroch suggestions as well...

Thanks, LWood!  More great info.

No idea about all that Mike, sorry

No worries--you've already been super-helpful!  Thanks!

Without more accurate info, looking at the below picture, I'd assume RZ was let at a very similar time to GA. There seems to be a similar number of people in RZ as there are in GA at this time, lot long after gates opened.

(I would have expected it to be a bit later for RZ usually).

edit: looks like LWood supplied us with some valuable info. Thanks

post-359255-0-65117000-1431907460_thumb.jpg

Edited by ddarroch

Sign in to follow this