Sign in to follow this  
ulla_j

Red Zone experiences?

move to the other end of the arena, claiming a place by the circular e-stage.

Is there that much space on the floor that the second stage isn't packed the whole time?!

There is enough space to get a great view of the band while they perform their set there...not rail views but better than hangin in the RZ...review ddarrochs posts for great suggestions.  Also use night one to work out the kinks for night two...hope this helps!

For Laura & others, here's the updated RZ plan for Vancouver again. So you can visualise it better.

Also, for those that want to be mobile, & see a bit of everything. From the show so far, I'd suggest;

* get there pretty early, & claim a spot on the rail of the main I-stage (rectangular).

* after about 4 songs, move down to the other end of RZ, closer to centre ice.

* at intermission (or during the first song into the second set), leave RZ into GA, & move to the other end of the arena, claiming a place by the circular e-stage.

* after EBW (yes a spoiler, but we all know it will be played), return to RZ.

Thanks man

move to the other end of the arena, claiming a place by the circular e-stage.

Is there that much space on the floor that the second stage isn't packed the whole time?!

As LWood says, not a rail, but fairly close. The crowd will move up towards the e-stage when the band heads that way. But if the general flow of the show doesn't change that much, & you follow the steps I outlined, you can beat the majority of the crowd to the areas the band will be performing near.

I'd heard on the grapevine that GA for Vancouver 1 was reasonably sparse, but Vancouver 2 was a bit more crowded. Don't know if this is true or not?

Edited by ddarroch

I would think those, such as yourself, who shelled out the money for Red Zone, you would be entitled to as close as possible. Sure there are sections in the front of the stage, but the rest of the section appears to be between reserved and general admission. I am surprised though they didn't make the Red Zone the entire front sections of the main stage and a portion of the catwalk, kind of like an "L" shaped on it's side. The rest of GA could have the remainder of the catwalk and B-stage. But that's just my opinion, and opinions differ greatly. Are you going just one NYC night or taking in all of the shows?

I am not surprised that they didn't make RZ the entire front section of the main stage, as that would be counter-intuitive to everything U2 has been about for the past 30 years. They have always made it possible for the cheapest seats to be some of the best (i. e. regular GA). We did RZ only once back o 360 and the only reason we shelled out that kind of money is because it was the first time we were bringing our kids, and we didn't think they would make it through the GA lineup all day, and then the show. We did all all other shows GA. The most expensive seats are not necessarily the best seats in the house, but you are paying for the convenience of not having to show up early.I lost my job in December, so there is no way we could afford either "good" seats of RZ on this tour on only my husband's income. We are just grateful that we are still managing to go to the Toronto shows because we could get GAs. After doing this for 30 years, what I have learned is.....relax and enjoy. 

I've been reading all the posts, amazing info - thanks!

Still not Clear on how many people appear to be in RZ section? Best guess anyone ?

I would think those, such as yourself, who shelled out the money for Red Zone, you would be entitled to as close as possible. Sure there are sections in the front of the stage, but the rest of the section appears to be between reserved and general admission. I am surprised though they didn't make the Red Zone the entire front sections of the main stage and a portion of the catwalk, kind of like an "L" shaped on it's side. The rest of GA could have the remainder of the catwalk and B-stage. But that's just my opinion, and opinions differ greatly. Are you going just one NYC night or taking in all of the shows?

I am not surprised that they didn't make RZ the entire front section of the main stage, as that would be counter-intuitive to everything U2 has been about for the past 30 years. They have always made it possible for the cheapest seats to be some of the best (i. e. regular GA).

Hear, hear. Those with the fattest wallets get the best seats in the stands. Those that are prepared to put the effort in, & wait it out, get the best spots on the floor. A happy medium, not that everyone is happy about it.

Sincerly I'm disappointed about RZ location. First I've bought RZ1 thinking it was Edge's side; second when I bought it, it was near 'e' stage on the map. I must have what I've pay! Then in a preconcert photo it was near runway. So I'm so sad!

I think it would be moved for correctness of RZers. Maybe also moving 'L' with rotation, so that be in square stage and runway, not at the end GA.

I've bought these ticket to see them closer, after I've ever seen from tribunes. I've choose make beneficence also. And yes I want privileges because we have made spme privations for pay 600 euro(2 tickets). 

Can anybody tell me what the U2 tour VIP gift is ? I believe these are part of the RZ package.

Having read about the RZ experience I am feeling a little cheated as to the location. However I still look forward to my RZ visits to Stockholm, Barcelona and London :)

Sincerly I'm disappointed about RZ location. First I've bought RZ1 thinking it was Edge's side; second when I bought it, it was near 'e' stage on the map. I must have what I've pay! Then in a preconcert photo it was near runway. So I'm so sad!

I think it would be moved for correctness of RZers. Maybe also moving 'L' with rotation, so that be in square stage and runway, not at the end GA.

I've bought these ticket to see them closer, after I've ever seen from tribunes. I've choose make beneficence also. And yes I want privileges because we have made spme privations for pay 600 euro(2 tickets).

I think so.

I have spend 600 euros in two RZ tickets to London. I have bought it after seeing the RZ situation in the O2 map during The purchase

The more I see the lay out the less happy I am with the Red Zone. Going by this pic posted elsewhere were just stuck out at the edge as an after thought  :(  I'm sure using

ddarrochs suggestions we will get a decent view of the whole concert. Just a bit miffed I bought Red Zone for 2 nights for me and the wife now.....Is there anything special about it apart from having your own loos?  :rolleyes:

CFVOVR5UEAARhKf.jpg

so the RZ sections are along the front of the long stage? or are they those blocked off sections not near the stage?? Thanks!

Edited by TsarinaLisa

so the RZ sections are along the front of the long stage? or are they those blocked off sections not near the stage?? Thanks!

They are the blocked off sections on the far left and right, they are an L shape so they get the front rail at the ends of the stage for about 1/3 I think?

thanks!

They are the blocked off sections on the far left and right, they are an L shape so they get the front rail at the ends of the stage for about 1/3 I think?

I have it marked off with arrows on the right and also the left.

post-680099-0-80819600-1432042808_thumb.png

Edited by laurabw

Yes, I understand why people are unhappy, as they are not recieving something as it was advertised.

But honestly, looking at the previous location of RZ, it wasn't very good at all. Yes, you would have been closer to the band when they performed on the e-stage. But this is only for a few songs. The rest of the time the band is quite far away. This is exacerbated by the fact that the views of the screen wouldn't have been very good. Worst still you would have had very poor views of the I-stage (where the band spends a large proportion of their time), as you would have had to look over the top of the GA crowd.

With this new location you can get close to the band when they perform on the I-stage, which is for a fairly large proportion of the show. Though admittedly they are not as close as if you were by the e-stage. You can also get much better views of the screen (which I feel is important for this show), & closer to the band when they perform on the catwalk.

As for the suggestion that the L's should be reversed, so that Red Zone takes up the entire length of the I-stage rails, plus a lage portion of the catwalk. Sorry, U2 don't work this way. If you want to follow an artist that rewards those with the fattest wallets with the the best spots on the floor (& pockets the profits), well maybe you should become Madge fans, or the Stones or someone. But not U2, thankfuly.

Edited by ddarroch

I hate complainers... that said, I am still going to complain. I DO NOT have a "fat wallet" as someone else suggested. However, RED is a good cause, so I dipped into my savings in hopes of having a really decent view of the band.

I'm very disappointed in the "RED Zone."

I never suggested a reverse L? That would be ridiculous to expect all the prime spots minus maybe the E stage. All I said was it wasn't quite what I expected, maybe when I see it for real we will have more of the rail than it looks like in the pics? Normally Im GA every time but treating ourselves for our 25th anniversary so I'm hoping for something special...... and I know it still will be, cause it  looks like there isn't a bad position on the floor,  Im going to try the moving around tactic you were discussing earlier, or maybe stay in RZ on night one and suss it out for night 2?

Madge or the Stones...........  pffft perish the thought.  -_-

I hate complainers... that said, I am still going to complain. I DO NOT have a "fat wallet" as someone else suggested. However, RED is a good cause, so I dipped into my savings in hopes of having a really decent view of the band.

I'm very disappointed in the "RED Zone."

Sorry if I offended you. I wasn't suggesting that people in RZ have "fat wallets". I know many fans, just as fanatical as myself, that have saved & saved to have an opportunity to get a RZ ticket. I've done RZ myself, & I'm a hell of a long way from rich. However RZ is still out of reach of many people.

What I was saying is there are bands that just put a financial value on their post prized seats, & ring out every single penny they can get for those seats. Artists like the Stones, that can charge an absolute fortune for a seat very close the stage. Meaning that there is no way an average person has any change of getting this close. I'm glad that U2 does not think like this.

As I said, I think the RZ location may end up being ok, if not an improvement. So I hope, in the end, you don't come away from the show feeling disappointed. I hope you have a great time :)

Edited by ddarroch

I never suggested a reverse L? That would be ridiculous to expect all the prime spots minus maybe the E stage.

I wasn't quoting you spongebob, Dublin77 made the suggestion of rotating the 'L', as did K5Jon.

Edited by ddarroch

Sign in to follow this