Sign in to follow this  
ulla_j

Red Zone experiences?

It seems weird to me that there's no additional information with these Red Zone ticks-I mean if I hadn't gone on this forum I wouldn't have known anything about arriving at 630 to have a chance at a backstage tour. And aside from ticketmaster, none of the ticket sites like Stubhub or SeatGeek or Vivid Seats, say anything in ticket info about the perks that these tickets are supposed to have. Why would someone who didn't know, pay $1500 for a Red Zone ticket if they didn't know it came with private entrance, concessions, blocked off area, whatever. I don't get it.

I totally agree, they didn't even send any info on the backstage tour drawing. The same thing happened in the 360 tour, we had no idea what we should expect, we just knew we need to have our IDs and our credit cards with us. I believe they can do a better job in creating a better experience for the red zoners. 

It seems weird to me that there's no additional information with these Red Zone ticks-I mean if I hadn't gone on this forum I wouldn't have known anything about arriving at 630 to have a chance at a backstage tour. And aside from ticketmaster, none of the ticket sites like Stubhub or SeatGeek or Vivid Seats, say anything in ticket info about the perks that these tickets are supposed to have. Why would someone who didn't know, pay $1500 for a Red Zone ticket if they didn't know it came with private entrance, concessions, blocked off area, whatever. I don't get it.

I totally agree, they didn't even send any info on the backstage tour drawing. The same thing happened in the 360 tour, we had no idea what we should expect, we just knew we need to have our IDs and our credit cards with us. I believe they can do a better job in creating a better experience for the red zoners. 

Since I got an actual ticket for show at MSG, I'm wondering if or why I would need ID or credit card since the ticket has no info connecting the ticket to me. I didn't buy it from Ticketmaster so how the heck will any info from me be held anywhere. The confusion continues! Did anyone else get actual RZ tickets (not e-tickets or downloads)  for a NYC show?

For the RZ in Montreal I did get an email about all the details two days ahead of the show. It mentioned which location to get my tickets and wristbands. It also mentioned the time to arrive for backstage tour draw: "In order to be entered for the opportunity to win a back stage tour you must arrive by 6.30pm – please note that this is subject to change due to production and back stage needs."

The initial email when I bought RZ did say I would get all the info 3-5 days before the show, I guess they were a bit late in Montreal with the info.

If I remember I will cut and paste the email on here when I get it in later July, or perhaps someone else might too.

Okay I am having a complete RED ZONE FREAKOUT. I just called Ticketmaster, some VIP number that I think someone here helpfully posted, and basically they said that the person who originally bought them from Ticketmaster would receive any special instructions, and unless he put me on some list as an alternate pickup (?? even though I will have ticks in my hand, NYC is not will call), they will not let me use VIP entrance or get included in backstage raffle. She said I could get into RZ but other perks may not apply.

WTF????? And I contacted Vivid Seats who said there is no way of contacting the person who listed it for sale with them, which is of course crap. Also this TM rep said the packages (including RZ) cannot be resold.

Who knew this? I feel like I am totally screwed. :( :( :(

Cathy,

That is the problem with having RZ tickets and having someone back out - they cannot be transferred or sold. I was wondering how Vivid Seats even got them, unless they are employees paid to order them. 

The weird thing is I saw a bunch of ticket sites that had Red Zone tickets. Most had no special notes whatsoever. Yesterday I saw RZ tickets on Stubhub, and for the first time I saw a note with them for delivery instructions-"Before the event - We'll give you the exact pick-up location and time before you place your order" which sounds like instructions people have been getting when buying RZ from Tickemaster. Who knows how that would work if they can't be resold. Other RZ tickets on Stubhub had no note, or "traditional hard tickets". So who knows.

I am guessing that there are hard copy tickets which simply get you into Red Zone that are transferrable. The "RZ Package" you need special instructions and will wind up getting a wristband, backstage tour possibility, souvenir ticket and all that other stuff, and is nontransferrable.

Question:  I'm going to Chicago1 & 2.  RZ both nights.  Mine are will call and the instructions say that you can get them 90 minutes before the show.  I'd like to line up before then (come on rail or GA even!).  CAN I line up without having the ACTUAL tickets in hand yet?  Any clues?  

For Laura & others, here's the updated RZ plan for Vancouver again. So you can visualise it better.

Also, for those that want to be mobile, & see a bit of everything. From the show so far, I'd suggest;

* get there pretty early, & claim a spot on the rail of the main I-stage (rectangular).

* after about 4 songs, move down to the other end of RZ, closer to centre ice.

* at intermission (or during the first song into the second set), leave RZ into GA, & move to the other end of the arena, claiming a place by the circular e-stage.

* after EBW (yes a spoiler, but we all know it will be played), return to RZ.

This is helpful!!  Thank you!!  How early should someone arrive for RZ to get a spot on the rail?

Question:  I'm going to Chicago1 & 2.  RZ both nights.  Mine are will call and the instructions say that you can get them 90 minutes before the show.  I'd like to line up before then (come on rail or GA even!).  CAN I line up without having the ACTUAL tickets in hand yet?  Any clues?  

For Montreal3 they opened up the official RZ line up area (with velvet ropes, a sign and a table! :D) at about 5 or 5:30 pm.  My husband and I arrived at the Bell Centre (venue) at about 2:45pm from Toronto as traffic was a lot better than we had anticipated.  Instead of hanging around downtown for a few hours we decided to check out the RZ entrance.  There was already a fan in line so we stayed and became numbers 2 and 3.  The security guard laughed at how early we were and the ietour lady (Emma? - in charge of RZ) commented at about 4pm that we were waay early for RZ! Several RZ-ers came by and checked it out but nobody else lined up until just after 4pm-ish.  After that time the line steadily increased though by 5:15pm when they started the RZ check-in the line was still pretty short (about 40 people?).  

Once you check-in using your ID you are handed hard copy tickets as well as souvenir tickets, your wristbands (one for GA and one for RZ), and an entry to the backstage tour draw.  At that point the line up was split into North side and South side.  The lady in front of us was South (Edge) side so my husband and I became first and second for North (Adam).  We were let into a holding area just outside the seats at about 5:50pm and held there until about 6.  We had to descend a bunch of stairs and GA-ers stampeded across the length of the floor.  It looked like were were let in around the same time.  

We had contemplated going into the GA section but the RZ-ers have to run/walk to the bottom of the RZ barricade and then back up the floor area to the main stage (if you want a spot on the rail there).  A few tried to hop the rail and were swiftly stopped by the security.  We opted to stay in the RZ and go right to the edge where the GA and RZ rails meet at the main stage.  The GAers were fast and I'm pretty sure we would've been shut out of a rail at the main stage had we gambled with the GA area.  Likely we would have had a rail spot at the B stage but we are saving that for Toronto.

The concert was incredible and I loved my first RZ experience!  Bono repeated the last couple of lyrics of Iris right in front of us and it was intensely beautiful. Adam spent a lot of time in front of us as well.

I did end up on stage during Streets and I was beside Bono for Still Haven't Found.  THAT was surreal and nothing will top it!

Hope you have a great experience in RZ.  I think it is very well organized and you will definitely enjoy your proximity to the action as well as your view of the screen.

For Montreal3 they opened up the official RZ line up area (with velvet ropes, a sign and a table! :D) at about 5 or 5:30 pm.  My husband and I arrived at the Bell Centre (venue) at about 2:45pm from Toronto as traffic was a lot better than we had anticipated.  Instead of hanging around downtown for a few hours we decided to check out the RZ entrance.  There was already a fan in line so we stayed and became numbers 2 and 3.  The security guard laughed at how early we were and the ietour lady (Emma? - in charge of RZ) commented at about 4pm that we were waay early for RZ! Several RZ-ers came by and checked it out but nobody else lined up until just after 4pm-ish.  After that time the line steadily increased though by 5:15pm when they started the RZ check-in the line was still pretty short (about 40 people?).  

Once you check-in using your ID you are handed hard copy tickets as well as souvenir tickets, your wristbands (one for GA and one for RZ), and an entry to the backstage tour draw.  At that point the line up was split into North side and South side.  The lady in front of us was South (Edge) side so my husband and I became first and second for North (Adam).  We were let into a holding area just outside the seats at about 5:50pm and held there until about 6.  We had to descend a bunch of stairs and GA-ers stampeded across the length of the floor.  It looked like were were let in around the same time.  

We had contemplated going into the GA section but the RZ-ers have to run/walk to the bottom of the RZ barricade and then back up the floor area to the main stage (if you want a spot on the rail there).  A few tried to hop the rail and were swiftly stopped by the security.  We opted to stay in the RZ and go right to the edge where the GA and RZ rails meet at the main stage.  The GAers were fast and I'm pretty sure we would've been shut out of a rail at the main stage had we gambled with the GA area.  Likely we would have had a rail spot at the B stage but we are saving that for Toronto.

The concert was incredible and I loved my first RZ experience!  Bono repeated the last couple of lyrics of Iris right in front of us and it was intensely beautiful. Adam spent a lot of time in front of us as well.

I did end up on stage during Streets and I was beside Bono for Still Haven't Found.  THAT was surreal and nothing will top it!

Hope you have a great experience in RZ.  I think it is very well organized and you will definitely enjoy your proximity to the action as well as your view of the screen.

Thank you so much for all the great info!  What a great night for you!!!  :)  I have done RZ before/GA before.  Been right next to Bono/Edge and been very lucky -- met them both a couple of times.  I was once engaged to a man (still good friends) -- back on ZooTV tour -- I had a great spot -- there were two opening acts.  I remember that Sugar Cubes was one of the acts.  Anyway, my fiancé wanted to go back to our seats (which we had lucked out and got front row, but I KNEW that Bono usually picked a girl from the walkway to grab on stage during the show).  I threw a fit.  Anyway, we left and a girl took my spot.  THAT girl was plucked on stage.  My fiancé felt SOOOO bad and still apologizes to this day about it.  :)  (we did not break up over this, but I tease him that it was the main reason… tee hee!) 

Yes, thank you for writing this up and sharing it! So helpful. How thrilling that you were on stage with the band - I have watched that clip a few times and it's so incredible.  Looking forward to my RZ experience coming up in Boston.  

For RZ, are there lines or it is fine to arrive 1 hour before the show?

How many people in each RZ (previous shows)?

Thank you so much for all the great info!  What a great night for you!!!   :)  I have done RZ before/GA before.  Been right next to Bono/Edge and been very lucky -- met them both a couple of times.  I was once engaged to a man (still good friends) -- back on ZooTV tour -- I had a great spot -- there were two opening acts.  I remember that Sugar Cubes was one of the acts.  Anyway, my fiancé wanted to go back to our seats (which we had lucked out and got front row, but I KNEW that Bono usually picked a girl from the walkway to grab on stage during the show).  I threw a fit.  Anyway, we left and a girl took my spot.  THAT girl was plucked on stage.  My fiancé felt SOOOO bad and still apologizes to this day about it.   :)  (we did not break up over this, but I tease him that it was the main reason… tee hee!) 

Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy (fronted by Michael Franti) was the other opening act on ZooTV with the Sugar Cubes (or as they said "We are the Ice Cubes from Sugarland")

Edited by mwiewel

OK, so it's my turn to share the amazing red zone experience with you guys :)

We went to the opening night in Chicago and it was unbelievable. First of all, Emma does a great job in managing the red zoners. We arrived at 4:30 and there were already 33 people in front of us. We had RZ2 tickets which means south side which means the edge's side. Around 5-5:15 she told us to approach the desk and get the tickets. They checked a photo ID and gave us the ticket, the souvenir tickets (very well made), and the drawing tickets for the backstage tour. She told us that we should be in the Red zone sections before 6:30 and that's when she comes and announces the winner. She did not show up in our section which means someone from the north side won. We saw a group of people coming up on the stage and taking pictures with Larry's drum set (how cool is that?), and our guess was that they were the winners. BTW, I don't think the tour includes meeting with the band.

So, once we got the tickets, there were two lines, one for the south side and one for the north. Out of the 33 people in front of us, only 16 belonged to the south side. They let us in at the same time as the GAs but there was no running and stampeding. Seemed like GAs were let in 1 by 1 (not literally of course). We could have easily claimed a good spot on the catwalk or the e-stage in the GA area, but guys, my suggestion is that you should stick with the red zone. First of all, the arena was smaller than we thought, so everything looked closer than we expected by looking at the map. The red zone area has a great view to the main stage and to the screen which is an important part of the whole show. You get enough proximity to the whole band just by staying in the red zone. I don't think there is a need to follow the band wherever they go just to see them up-close. They open up and close on the main stage. Yes, they spend some time (around 4-5 songs) on the e-stage, but so what? You'll get to see them again when they come back to the main stage. They also spend some time in the screen which is really cool. 

In 360 tour, we had red zone tickets and we only saw Bono 3-4 times up-close. This time, I felt like he was always around. (you can see our spot in the picture)

Someone in the forum said that Red zone is all about sharing the experience with the right people and I absolutely agree. We met some really cool guys who had exciting stories about their previous tours and it was really nice being with them in the same section. Two of them were so kind that they gave us a ride back to our hotel after the concert. I guess some of the people in our section left for the GA area because I barely counted 30-35 people in the south side. There was so much room to move. BTW, a part of the section was taken for the bar, so the section is even smaller than what you see on the map. When we asked the GAs in front of us what time they lined up, they said they showed up around 10 am and they got numbers around 165 or so. Interestingly, they discussed where to stand and they picked somewhere where they could also see the screen. 

One more thing, it was not at all easy to go to the GA area and move towards the e-stage or catwalk once everyone was in. 

So if you're like me and just want to enjoy without thinking about where to be at any moment during the concert, get there early enough and just enjoy the amazing show from the red zone. 

I hope you all have an amazing time :)

post-596302-0-67663500-1435429758_thumb.png

Edited by mahdokhtkalantari

Thanks for the post and valuable information. I have been surprised with the lack of specific instructions from either U2 or Ticketmaster.

Thanks for the post and valuable information. I have been surprised with the lack of specific instructions from either U2 or Ticketmaster.

No problem. I got the email with the information 4 days before the concert. If you don't receive it 3 days prior to the concert, you should contact Ticket Master. The email has good details about what you should do. It also has Emma's phone number.

If anyone is really unhappy with their RZ tix for London and wants to sell one to me please feel free to get in touch!!

I went in RZ last 28th june (Chicago). My opinion? GREAT!

In RZ you are close (I don't need to stay 1 meter from the band), you have a nice view of big screen, it is comfortable (a lot of space) and you have a bar to get drinks (you don't need to go out to get one).

OK, so it's my turn to share the amazing red zone experience with you guys :)

We went to the opening night in Chicago and it was unbelievable. First of all, Emma does a great job in managing the red zoners. We arrived at 4:30 and there were already 33 people in front of us. We had RZ2 tickets which means south side which means the edge's side. Around 5-5:15 she told us to approach the desk and get the tickets. They checked a photo ID and gave us the ticket, the souvenir tickets (very well made), and the drawing tickets for the backstage tour. She told us that we should be in the Red zone sections before 6:30 and that's when she comes and announces the winner. She did not show up in our section which means someone from the north side won. We saw a group of people coming up on the stage and taking pictures with Larry's drum set (how cool is that?), and our guess was that they were the winners. BTW, I don't think the tour includes meeting with the band.

So, once we got the tickets, there were two lines, one for the south side and one for the north. Out of the 33 people in front of us, only 16 belonged to the south side. They let us in at the same time as the GAs but there was no running and stampeding. Seemed like GAs were let in 1 by 1 (not literally of course). We could have easily claimed a good spot on the catwalk or the e-stage in the GA area, but guys, my suggestion is that you should stick with the red zone. First of all, the arena was smaller than we thought, so everything looked closer than we expected by looking at the map. The red zone area has a great view to the main stage and to the screen which is an important part of the whole show. You get enough proximity to the whole band just by staying in the red zone. I don't think there is a need to follow the band wherever they go just to see them up-close. They open up and close on the main stage. Yes, they spend some time (around 4-5 songs) on the e-stage, but so what? You'll get to see them again when they come back to the main stage. They also spend some time in the screen which is really cool. 

In 360 tour, we had red zone tickets and we only saw Bono 3-4 times up-close. This time, I felt like he was always around. (you can see our spot in the picture)

Someone in the forum said that Red zone is all about sharing the experience with the right people and I absolutely agree. We met some really cool guys who had exciting stories about their previous tours and it was really nice being with them in the same section. Two of them were so kind that they gave us a ride back to our hotel after the concert. I guess some of the people in our section left for the GA area because I barely counted 30-35 people in the south side. There was so much room to move. BTW, a part of the section was taken for the bar, so the section is even smaller than what you see on the map. When we asked the GAs in front of us what time they lined up, they said they showed up around 10 am and they got numbers around 165 or so. Interestingly, they discussed where to stand and they picked somewhere where they could also see the screen. 

One more thing, it was not at all easy to go to the GA area and move towards the e-stage or catwalk once everyone was in. 

So if you're like me and just want to enjoy without thinking about where to be at any moment during the concert, get there early enough and just enjoy the amazing show from the red zone. 

I hope you all have an amazing time :)

I trolled through the Red Zone forum looking for information on the RZ experience since I'm only going to one show with my husband and I wanted it to count. I also made a pledge to share my experience so others can get my perspective. To that end, mahdokhtkalantari's write up above is spot on. I went to the last show in Chicago; showed up at the designated Gate at around 4 pm. By the time I got the tickets (they were not checking credit cards, just IDs) and was split up to RZ1 & RZ2, we were about 5th and 6th in line for RZ2 (Edge's side, South). We got in and got situated right around where mahdokhtkalantari had marked his/her spot previously. The view was fantastic to the main stage, and you can see the screen easily. However, you couldn't really see to the e-stage if they weren't projecting it on the screen. But there was only for a song or two. I'm pretty picky about my view of the band and there were some folks wavering on whether or not they were going out to GA. I'm telling you now, no need to do that. The Red Zone fulfilled my expectations and I felt like I've gotten my money's worth. Also, the fans that I met in the RZ where engaged (as well as being nice people) and that made the experience that much sweeter. Hope this is helpful to all other RZ-ers!

Was super excited to get RZ1 tickets to the 7/14 show and now it's looking like GA would probably give a better experience? Getting a bit nervous that I over shot. Also, really want to be on the Edge's side, but according to the thread, RZ2 is Edge? Is that correct in Boston? Thanks so much, Gang!

GET OUT OF THE RED ZONE AND GET TO WHERE THE REAL ACTION IS!!

Had Red Zone tickets for 3 nights in Chicago. I know, I totally broke the bank. But listen....If you are a huge fan and really want to be immersed with the band, don't stay in the Red Zone! The beauty of the Red Zone is that it gives you the opportunity to literally be at the front rail of the main stage without having to get to the venue early in the morning or the night before. ! I got there one day at 5:30 pm and the other day at 4:45 pm. Both times, I immediately walked directly from the Red Zone to the front rail of the main stage! Both times there I was immediately behind the person on the front rail. It doesn't get any better! Edge, Adam and Bono were literally 6-10 feet away much of the concert. The boys literally can make eye contact with you. The first 4 or 5 songs are at the main stage and the last 6-7 songs are at the main stage. By the way, the people on the front rail had GA tickets with the numbers 6 and 13 written on their hands designating their arrival time in the GA queue. I know for a fact that the one girl camped over night. I stayed in the Red Zone for the last concert and it was great but there you're more like an observer than part of the concert. Just my take. Enjoy!!

Edited by frankied

I'll give my experience for RED ZONE to the board. I got the Garden at exactly 5:15 I was about 30th in line I would say. This line was for Red Zone only of course, Emma was out there shouting instructions, it was very orderly and organized. There was a table with everyones envelopes, they then let us in the garden after about 15 minutes. We waited in the stairway for about 15 minutes and then finally in the entrance to the venu hallway where there was actually a refreshment stand. you could be drinks etc... I think they ultimately let us in to the floor are around 6:20. They were also letting in GA people at the same time, but they had to come down some stairs. There was a bit of a rush toward the front and the stupid security guard said yellow wristbands to the right, which was what I was wearing for the southside red zone. So me and a bunch of others went into the GA by accident, for a few moments I was mad, but we mad our way over to the Correct zone and ultimately ended up against the rail or 1 person back from the rail. Everyone was super friendly, not crowded or crammed in at all and I yelled out that if you were standing in the same spot for 20 minutes, it was in fact your spot for the rest of the night. Everyone concurred, which allowed everyone to come and go as they please for drinks, food and bathroom breaks. It was more of a bit, but I do find that people will listen to the loudest guy in the place, and this has worked almost every time. It's fair, people want conformity in high priced ticket areas and thats what I gave them. lol. At points in the night I would move aside and let others to the very front  for photos, hell I  even took photos for them. 

I also left the Red Zone and got over to the E stage for the boys songs down there, this stage was a little more nuts and people were knocking beers out of people hands etc... a little hotter and chaotic but well worth the trip. Once this was ending I headed back to my spot and low and behold there it was, a few excuse me's and no one seemed to mind. I even found a nice spot for my 2nd beer prior to leaving and there it was. The young man near it had no problem reaching under the barricade and grabbing it for me. A Guiness of course what else would it be.!?!?! 

Im there again tonite and have loge seats for tuesday and then on wednesday I will be in the north side (adam). A few of my radio dick friends got backstage prior and actually met the band, this was through the label and Bono was not present. Apparently Adam and my buddy had a hysterical conversation and exchange. I hate them for this !!! 

Other than that, stop complaining about the RED ZONE it's amazing. Uncrowded, private bar for beer and wine and just a bunch of amazing people. This show was my 51st and I can honestly say Boston is truly this bands 2nd home, no disrespect to the rest of the world.... Something real intimate about it everytime they play here, although last night it was a bit more pronounced. 

See you all tonite.... 

p.s. 3 people against the rail in the RED ZONE were attending their first U2 show, talk about setting the bar high !!?!?!?!?

Some RZoner had back-stage experience ?

They raffle a chance to go backstage off, the couple who won in our section was very underwhelmed to say the least.... No band, really no clue why they even bother ?!

Sign in to follow this